GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find interesting that CB pointed out that Patrick told stories about his own family and how he was always the victim. So perhaps he lied to Kelsey, to which she was sympathetic and probably more patient with him. Perhaps she thought that both her and Baby K would be able to love him and turn him into a happy man, in a happy family environment.

Upsetting to read her comment about how he gave her a dishonorable internment. This has always bothered me as an outsider, that they have nothing to bury of poor Kelsey. I hope Slater or someone else can find her remains.

How sad that this trial came up around their 35th Anniversary.

Italicized by me.

Not to sympathize with PF, but someone had to raise him like he is now - cruel, sadistic and without any compassion. Part of hid personality might be genetic, and part, environmental, but either way, I think something was very wrong with his upbringing. I seldom comment on the parents of criminals, they live in own hell, too, but something about this whole story gives me creeps.

Sam absolutely believes that KK is well aware of the public disdain for her.

He spoke to her friends.

Those prison notes seem to support her fear of PF.

Were you expecting such a quick verdict? What was your opinion of the jury?

Jury was very focused and asked good questions.

Sam thought it would be a very quick verdict (1 hour) or would go into today. Definitely over by Wednesday though.

Would Sam write a book on the case?

He doesn’t know. Wouldn’t feel good about profiting off of it.

Sam heard from another reporter that KK looked over at PF briefly when the attorneys approached the bench. Didn’t get the impression she still had feelings for PF.

Wow. He really has integrity.

Interesting video....don't think this was talked about/addressed in court.

EXCLUSIVE: Witness in Frazee trial speaks out

Frazee had come into the Verizon store days before he spoke with the witness, asking another employee for a new cellphone because the FBI took his old phone.

While one employee was getting a new phone for Frazee, another employee overheard Frazee saying some alarming words.

“Apparently, he was rocking back and forth and was loudly whispering to himself I didn’t do it, I didn’t do it, I didn’t do it… over and over just over and over again,” the employee explained.

Got it:

Kimberly Morin, Berreth’s aunt,
took to the stand next. She said she remembers how Berreth could fit perfectly under her arm when they hugged.

She also recalled that at her daughter’s wedding, Berreth came alone without Frazee and they laughed and smiled the whole time. She said Berreth told her that Frazee said she couldn’t get her nails done for the wedding because “only *advertiser censored*” do so.

Patrick Frazee found guilty of murdering Kelsey Berreth

So wish that all the women on this thread could get French manicures, then send PF a group photo of us flipping him the middle finger with our shiny white tipped nails.

A girl’s gotta dream!

I'm new to WS, so I'm not sure if I've linked this properly and/or if this question is relevant (since it is about the trial procedure) and in the right place.

Sam Kraemer TV was live.
Yesterday at 7:38 PM
LIVE: Recapping closing arguments & six guilty verdicts in the murder trial of Patrick Frazee
starting at approximately 38 min.

I'd like to understand why the defense (AS) requested that they (the defense) be notified if the jury requested to see video or hear audio more than twice.

Frazee had come into the Verizon store days before he spoke with the witness, asking another employee for a new cellphone because the FBI took his old phone.

While one employee was getting a new phone for Frazee, another employee overheard Frazee saying some alarming words.

“Apparently, he was rocking back and forth and was loudly whispering to himself I didn’t do it, I didn’t do it, I didn’t do it… over and over just over and over again,” the employee explained.
Wow! Imagine how distressed this employee would have been if Patrick had been found not guilty and walked out of that courtroom!

It's going to be interesting to see how many local stories are told of his behavior now that his fate is sealed.

We heard from this Verizon employee, but we didn’t hear about PF’s previous visit, when he was getting a new phone (because the FBI seized his).

That rocking back and forth/muttering to himself, was brand new.

I'm new to WS, so I'm not sure if I've linked this properly and/or if this question is relevant (since it is about the trial procedure) and in the right place.

Sam Kraemer TV was live.
Yesterday at 7:38 PM
LIVE: Recapping closing arguments & six guilty verdicts in the murder trial of Patrick Frazee
starting at approximately 38 min.

I'd like to understand why the defense (AS) requested that they (the defense) be notified if the jury requested to see video or hear audio more than twice.
I wondered that same thing. Some smart person will tell us here in a minute.....Lots of them around!
Gitana, I bet you know!

Welcome to Websleuths, PearlyGirl!

How creepy is that? :eek:o_O
All this time, I thought PF's lawyer had convinced him to remain silent. HA! And he's saying self-incriminating things to friends, acquaintances, the Verizon store employees - just shooting off his mouth to everyone! The only thing he didn't do was a TV interview ala Scott Peterson or Chris Watts.

We heard from this Verizon employee, but we didn’t hear about PF’s previous visit, when he was getting a new phone (because the FBI seized his).

That rocking back and forth/muttering to himself, was brand new.
PF is so subtle.

There was something in Sam's fb video that night about this employee's testimony that I didn't read in any articles. That on December 11, the second visit, PF actually asked this witness if he could go talk outside! The employee said, "No. That's way outside of my duties here. I am not doing that."

Last edited:
In this video, CC was interviewed by Nikki Battiste, CBS.

He says, "I'm not saying that I don't think Kelsey's dead. I just don't see it happening like it was laid out."

CBS This Morning on Twitter (Video)
A Colorado man will spend the rest of his life behind bars for murdering his fiancée. A jury convicted Patrick Frazee after deliberating for just three and a half hours. A judge sentenced Frazee for beating Kelsey Berreth to death with a baseball bat nearly a year ago.
7:15 AM - 19 Nov 2019
Just saw this...So CC is still in denial? I would think on some level he realizes that the PF he thought he knew never actually existed. He also knows he helped perpetuate the ugly, false rumors about KB. I guess this is his way of reducing all that cognitive dissonance brought on by trial revelations. JMO

Just saw this...So CC is still in denial? I would think on some level he realizes that the PF he thought he knew never actually existed. He also knows he helped perpetuate the ugly, false rumors about KB. I guess this is his way of reducing all that cognitive dissonance brought on by trial revelations. JMO
I wonder if CC's publicly saying this because he's afraid if he doesn't, he and his family could likely end up on PF's hit list? JMO. It could also be CC is one of PF's flying monkeys, and therefore he fell for PF's sick and twisted gaslighting/smear campaigns about Kelsey. JMO.

I wonder if CC's publicly saying this because he's afraid if he doesn't, he and his family could likely end up on PF's hit list? JMO. It could also be CC is one of PF's flying monkeys, and therefore he fell for PF's sick and twisted gaslighting/smear campaigns about Kelsey. JMO.

IANAP (Psychologist) but I don't think we can hold CC completely responsible for words that spill out of his punkin head.

Dude is just a couple bubbles off center.

IANAP (Psychologist) but I don't think we can hold CC completely responsible for words that spill out of his punkin head.

Dude is just a couple bubbles off center.
Agree. IANAP, too. AND...if you watch as those words come out of his mouth, his eyes look off to the right, which can indicate he's lying.

Dude movin' the needle on my hinky metero_O

EXCLUSIVE: Woodland Park Police Chief opens up on helping solve Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance

Video Interview at link

Nov 19, 2019

More than 40 agencies from across the nation helped in this investigation.

“I have no ego when it comes to asking for help, I don’t have the resources at this agency, we have a lot of good things going for us but I can’t handle a case that’s this cold of this magnitude with no evidence of a body or crime scene when we initially took it on,” De Young said.

De Young and his department worked long hours to make sure the Berreht family got the closure it deserved.

[...]

De Young was there for every press conference and even sat through part of Frazee’s trial.

“The hardest part about this case was Kaylee and knowing she was with Patrick and knowing the testimony of Krystal Lee and what had occurred, and Kaylee was present when her mother died and hoping nothing bad would happen to Kaylee,” De Young said.

[...]

Frazee is being held at the Teller County Jail; the Department of Corrections will most likely take him following a custody hearing on December 5. bbm

In this video, CC was interviewed by Nikki Battiste, CBS.

He says, "I'm not saying that I don't think Kelsey's dead. I just don't see it happening like it was laid out."

CBS This Morning on Twitter (Video)
A Colorado man will spend the rest of his life behind bars for murdering his fiancée. A jury convicted Patrick Frazee after deliberating for just three and a half hours. A judge sentenced Frazee for beating Kelsey Berreth to death with a baseball bat nearly a year ago.
7:15 AM - 19 Nov 2019
Noooooo! I can't believe CC's sticking to his narrative. He didn't need to comment. What a tiny weasel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge