GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it was to get the baby? I took a look at the video today- I didn't see any room downstairs to which the baby could have been in. Did I miss it? I know it was said she was in a second bedroom with toys (or was it office? I forget what they called that spare room).

If the baby was downstairs somewhere, there wouldn't have been a need for Patrick to go upstairs, as the bathroom was downstairs. Like someone else here said earlier-I thought she had a bathroom upstairs, or at least a half bath downstairs and a master bath upstairs.

Was he looking for her gun in her bedroom maybe?

There is a small room off the main room, perhaps used as a combo office/storage room. In the video it's the one where you see a stacked washer/dryer closet in the corner.

The Master BR is upstairs. MOO

Some here think the beating started upstairs and Kelsey ran down.

I've got to really think about that because for so long I've pictured it beginning with her on the sofa downstairs and ending with her on the floor bleeding out.

Did they show the treads from the stairs in court? I knew they removed them and KK said they had boot prints on them but I don't remember Sam talking about them in his recap.

One thing is clear: the worst of the beating happened on that wood floor in the main room where the planks were removed by LE.

My heart wants so badly not to picture her running from that lunatic.

Last edited:
There are just some cases that "get" to you and for Dan May, this was the one. I sincerely hope he talks it out with someone because while his prosecution was absolutely brilliant, he also seems to also be flirting with PTSD.

Between this and the Watts case, I don't know which I had to step away from more because both cases involved kiddos in one way or another. They are my weakness. As the cases evolved, I found myself way too many times saying in my mind, "please tell me he isn't going to or they aren't going to... {insert horrible event here}. That's usually when I stepped away as I am all too familiar with the icky feelings you just can't leave because of obligation.

I commend May's team! But for right now it would do them a whole heap of good to go sit on an island somewhere just to dig their toes in the sand. They've earned it.
IMHO

I don't know if it's been said or not yet, she said she got down on her hands and knees to scrub the floor.
I thoughts what she said...

Yet it only took her four hours to do all of that? Upstairs and downstairs? She must be super hyper fast to get two days old blood off of the walls, floors, steps, etc.

Might explain the sniffles and ability to drive long distances with not much sleep.

And doesn't it still surprise you that he left that crime scene for so long before KK got there to clean it?
Jumping off of this post- all I can say is, thank goodness none of the Berreth's decided to pay a surprise visit to her on those days. That would just be horrific to walk into. The damn fool took a huge risk, leaving it like that for two days. Would if Krystal for some reason never made it to the condo?

It also sounds like he waited for Krystal to retrieve and burn the tote. Was he trying to get her finger prints on the tote, just in case they got pulled over before he made it back to the ranch? Why did he need to even bother bringing that tote to Nash ranch, when they quite clearly had plenty of room on MaF's ranch? I'm sure there was plenty of places to hide that tote on the property and no one would be the wiser for it.

I still can't get over him burning her right in front of MaF's home like that.

Apologies if this has been stated already.

I just remember all of us pouring over pictures media took of the crime scene search at Kelsey’s home. We were analyzing everything they brought in or took out of that house. Never did I think we were viewing a very important *person* of interest.

I know the videos of Krystal pointing out where she found blood in the condo are in daylight, but was wondering if this might be Krystal later on still in her police “disguise” with hood up and cap on in this photo.

CBI, other agencies search Kelsey Berreth’s home a 2nd time

Attachments

• CD18F6DE-6615-41EF-BB5D-54244B52C501.jpeg
    CD18F6DE-6615-41EF-BB5D-54244B52C501.jpeg
    475.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
This video has photos I haven't seen before

Can they just release everything in one place? Like the Watts docu-dump.

Not all media outlets releasing different things here and there.
Yet it only took her four hours to do all of that? Upstairs and downstairs? She must be super hyper fast to get two days old blood off of the walls, floors, steps, etc.

Might explain the sniffles and ability to drive long distances with not much sleep.

Ha, thought the same thing.

Apologies if this has been stated already.

I just remember all of us pouring over pictures media took of the crime scene search at Kelsey’s home. We were analyzing everything they brought in or took out of that house. Never did I think we were viewing a very important *person of interest*.

I know the videos of Krystal pointing out where she found blood in the condo are in daylight, but was wondering if this might be Krystal later on still in her police “disguise” with hood up and cap on in this photo.

CBI, other agencies search Kelsey Berreth’s home a 2nd time

No, it's 11:15am in the KK walk through video.

The floor board photo just did me in. Ugh! That brute!

I can't even imagine how this sicko could just brutally beat her, put her in the tote, walk by with their child with blood spatter all over the condo, bring her to a barn to store her body, then burn it. Covered it up and put gravel over it. Makes me ill just thinking of some of poor Kelsey's remains that could still be on the ranch- even a teaspoon of her. That poor woman.

This case has really hit me hard for some reason. I can't explain it.
I couldn't get over him telling all his people he wasn't in a relationship with KB then having kk on the side AND THEN teeing up dinner dates with NEW YOUNG PROSPECT all the while he is having all these intense relationships /interactions around him (including his fathers yet to be explained death and infighting over the inheritance).

and they say women love drama!!!!!!:eek:

I've concluded PF thinks he is JR :D.....o_O (dallas )

moo

Jumping off of this post- all I can say is, thank goodness none of the Berreth's decided to pay a surprise visit to her on those days. That would just be horrific to walk into. The damn fool took a huge risk, leaving it like that for two days. Would if Krystal for some reason never made it to the condo?

It also sounds like he waited for Krystal to retrieve and burn the tote. Was he trying to get her finger prints on the tote, just in case they got pulled over before he made it back to the ranch? Why did he need to even bother bringing that tote to Nash ranch, when they quite clearly had plenty of room on MaF's ranch? I'm sure there was plenty of places to hide that tote on the property and no one would be the wiser for it.

I still can't get over him burning her right in front of MaF's home like that.

I've probably said this before but I think Patrick planned for KK to bring her truck (instead of the friend's Volkswagen) and he would just throw that tote into the back of it without giving her any choice.

Then it was all KK's crime and not his! I doubt he even concerned himself with her being able to get the tote out of the truck by herself.

Unlucky for Patrick KK said the tote wouldn't fit in the car.

Last edited:

It was an exceptionally small space and remember that KK threw away lots of the stuff rather than clean it.

I don't remember her pointing out places she cleaned in the MBR so maybe the crime didn't start there as some have surmised?
(I really don't want to watch that creepy video again to find out!)

Last edited:
48 Hours on Twitter
LISTEN: @NikkiBattiste says THIS was the most horrifying moment for her while covering this case.
12:00 PM - 23 Nov 2019

Nikki Battiste on Twitter
I will carry #KelseyBerreth with me...and will always think of her little girl, [Baby K] @CBSNews @48hours #48Hours
12:07 PM - 23 Nov 2019

[URL="https://twitter.com/ryanmutchkoaa/status/1198351276716638208"]Ryan Mutch on Twitter[/URL]
#HappeningNow Seventh Day Adventist in Woodland Park is hold a service to remember the life of #kelseyberreth. Members of the community have come to express their condolence and support. @KOAA
EKFmHxrWsAE5IGR.jpg

2:23 PM - 23 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Grateful to have had the opportunity to celebrate this beautiful life today. #KelseyBerreth will always be in my heart and memory. Gone too soon but never forgotten. Words aren’t enough to explain the impact her story has had on me and so many others in the last year.
EKGemc1UwAArh8S.jpg

6:29 PM - 23 Nov 2019

I've probably said this before but I think Patrick planned for KK to bring her truck (instead of the friend's Volkswagen) and he would just throw that tote into the back of it without giving her any choice.

Then it was all KK's crime and not his! I doubt he even concerned himself with her being able to get the tote out of the truck by herself.

Unlucky for Patrick KK said the tote wouldn't fit in the car.
We're on the same page. I think he was expecting her to bring her truck. Knowing him, he probably wouldn't have told her what was in the tote. He might have planned to have the fire to burn some of the evidence, but then saw she had a car, and came up with a plan B, using the gas and motor oil.

It makes you wonder, had she brought the truck down and did take the tote with Kelsey's body back, if he would have gone to the condo, feigned shock that his fiance was missing, call LE and tell them something terrible happened, and then pin it on Krystal. How would Krystal ever explain having another woman's body in the back of her truck? She was mighty lucky her friend needed her truck to move. She was even lucky to not get pulled over with expired tags, especially long distance driving like that.

NOV 23, 2019
Friends, neighbors ask 'Why?' at memorial for Kelsey Berreth

5dd9c4ffe02e9.image.jpg

A year after she disappeared and less than a week after her fiancee was convicted of brutally murdering her, Kelsey Berreth's friends and neighbors gathered Saturday at the Seventh-day Adventist Church to mourn and remember her.

About two dozen people attended the Celebration of Life at the small church tucked away amidst snow-capped pine trees on Colorado 67 heading north out of Woodland Park.

[...]

"How many times have you looked up and poured from your broken hearts the question, 'Why?' ..." said Mike Warren, a Seventh-day Adventist preacher. "It all traces back to the root cause of it all ... Sin ignores God's law and declares 'Me first. I want what I want and I want it right now. And too bad for anyone who gets in my way.' Precious Kelsey got in the way."

[...]

On Saturday, two friends of the couple lamented that perhaps they had missed a sign of trouble between them, and that they hadn't recognized the danger until it was too late.

SM and KI said they met Frazee at a rodeo three years ago. KI remembered Berreth asking to meet for a Bible study the month before she was killed.

[...]

Saturday's ceremony was the second event held for Berreth in Woodland Park this week. The night before, nearly 100 people gathered at a candlelight vigil hosted by Woodland Park police.

“Next Thursday’s going to be Thanksgiving,” Police Chief Miles De Young said Friday. “Her family’s going to have an empty chair sitting at that table. If you have the time and find it in your heart, I know her family would appreciate it — just take a moment, say a little prayer for Kelsey, for Kaylee and for the Berreth family. And be good to each other.”

[...]

Bleach is powerful, and all that blood would come up quite easily, especially considering the type of surfaces the blood was on.

To me, four hours makes a lot of sense. The house was small, she had the right supplies, and she threw away what she couldn’t clean up.

ETA: Accidentally piggybacked off of @MemPat

You may have already seen them but if not, they're all in the media thread beginning here (4 posts as only 10 photos are allowed per post):

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Thanks Pommy, I had not seen this one:
NOV 22, 2019
RAW: Photos show Patrick Frazee outside Kelsey Berreth's apartment the day of her murder
A sequence of surveillance photos from outside Kelsey Berreth's apartment the day of her murder
A sequence of surveillance photos from outside Kelsey's home

----

Does anyone else see what I see over PF's right shoulder in the shot of him with the door open that was recorded at at 4:20:59? It is about 23 seconds into the video. The door is open and we can see the wall inside. I don't want to say what I think I'm seeing in case it's my eyes playing tricks on me. But I can't un-see it now. :eek::mad:

I couldn't get over him telling all his people he wasn't in a relationship with KB then having kk on the side AND THEN teeing up dinner dates with NEW YOUNG PROSPECT all the while he is having all these intense relationships /interactions around him (including his fathers yet to be explained death and infighting over the inheritance).

and they say women love drama!!!!!!:eek:

I've concluded PF thinks he is JR :D.....o_O (dallas )

moo
Yet his idiot friend still isn't convinced that it happened the way that it did. I shook my head when I read that. I guess there wasn't enough evidence for him to see that this nutbag that he considered to be like a son was a sadistic animal plotting and planning the death of a beautiful woman. While no doubt planning to use his lover to not only clean up, but take the blame for it. So he could move on to his next victim he had waiting on the sidelines. I bet that poor woman is probably having nightmares, thinking she was dating a decent man, only to find out he killed one he was allegedly engaged to, and used the other, who was his sidekick for quite a few years off and on, to help him murder her and clean up after. I know that would probably turn me off from dating ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix