Claremont Serial Killer: Media, Timelines, Photos *NO-DISCUSSION*

Damian Smith
@smith_damian

·
1m

Andrea and the rest of the
@abcperth
team are doing a great job tweeting from the courtroom as the Claremont trial gets underway - follow her,
@charlottehamlyn
@bellfrances
&
@davidpeterweber
for the latest, or keep up to date via http://news.abc.net.au.

Claire Dearle
@ClaireDearle

·
1m

In just over half an hour the #Claremont trial will begin. Media seats are packed in court 7-2, still a few spots left in the public gallery.
@10NewsFirstPER
@10NewsFirst

Are we allowed to post?

I assume posting media articles, Twitter etc is ok...we’re just not allowed to discuss them!

Hopefully Tricha will re-open the discussion thread now the trial has started though...I could go...but it’s a bus and a train journey and being in court gives me hebejeebees!!

The love rival that made alleged killer crack
Claremont serial killings trial: The ‘hoarder’ love rival that made alleged Australian serial killer crack
A picture of the life of accused serial killer Bradley Robert Edwards has started to emerge - including his reaction to his first wife’s affair.

Snippet:

Media wrong title - "hoarder" instead of "boarder"

It was May 7, 1990, and the woman had been writing up a report at her desk in Hollywood Hospital, at Nedlands west of the Perth CBD.

She was employed as a social worker and Edwards was at the hospital as the Telstra phone technician assigned to work on the phone lines.

The woman recalled how she had been only dimly aware of Edwards’ presence.

He had asked to use the toilet, and she remembers a quick flush, and then he asked to retrieve his pen.

Edwards then attacked her from behind, putting his hand around her face and stuffing a piece of cloth into her mouth.

“I was trying desperately not to breathe because I thought there was something on the cloth,” the woman told the court

“I honestly thought I was going to die. I breathed in and there was nothing on the cloth so that was when I started to really struggle.

“I thought, ‘I’ve got a chance here’. My feet kept slipping on the carpet. There was a lot of strength but I managed to twist around.”

Pulled towards the toilet on her chair in an ordeal that lasted 10 seconds, the woman felt the fight for her life suddenly stop.

Then she heard her attacker say, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry” before she fled the area, leaving behind one shoe.

Police were called and found cable ties in Edwards’ pocket.

He admitted to the attack and was placed on a two-year probation order for a single charge of common assault.

Edwards later told psychologists sent to assess him he’d had a “distressing week” after his fiancee had informed him of her infidelity with a boarder living at their home.

Dr Paul McEvoy said Edwards had acknowledged he was deeply upset, but unable to explain why his “pent-up anger was released when it was” at the hospital.

This is the Landcruiser at the time of the BE arrest with Bunbury plates and Krikke brothers decal in the back window which can be seen the high definition image taken by the photographer. The sticker has, 95 For the Boys. Was the vehicle a trophy as such in a spouses name? How did the convicted family come into possession of the vehicle?
Was the blue Gemini in spouses name? Is the Gemini another long held trophy?

At the time, Krikkes left the Claremont Speedway around the time Ciara was murdered in March 1997. The Krikkes left the road not fsr from Bunbury where they oftenrd also raced. It should be noted that Julie Cutler was run off the road in 1988 at Stirling Highyway near Eric st, not far from her old highschool, Iona, a school that two other Claremont victims attended. The rape was immediately opposite the Claremont Speedway.

Purchasing the media image shows the decal on the window.

Was running cars off the road another M.O. ? Deaths recorded as accidents by the coroner?

Attachments

• b25bc1698d8b4d30a3b6f27752d76571.jpeg.jpg
    b25bc1698d8b4d30a3b6f27752d76571.jpeg.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads