GUILTY TX - Anne-Christine Johnson, 30, League City, 8 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

I don't understand. What the heck is going on with this case? :confused::(:mad::eek:o_O

No MSM updates that I can find.

From what I gather on the court site - is this:

10/11/2019 Order (Judicial Officer: Grady, Patricia )
Compelling Psychological Treatment Access

o_O

From what I gather on the court site - is this:

o_O

Ugh. Unbelievable. He was mentally competent enough to wrap her body in plastic and hide it in his garage freezer. I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

MOO.

These defense teams that entertain their psycho client's lies and then enable them by fighting for a mental discount are enough to make ME mental. Prison is the exact right place for him.

We have another trial date!!

10/11/2019 Pre-Trial Conference (12:30 PM) (Judicial Officers Griffin, Bret, Grady, Patricia)
Result: Held

10/11/2019 Motion for Continuance
Agreed Motion for Continuance

10/11/2019 Proposed Order (unsigned)
Order on motion for continuance

10/11/2019 Motion
Motion to Compel

10/11/2019 Proposed Order (unsigned)
Order on Motion to Compel

10/11/2019 Court Coordinator's Case Notes
SIGNED- ORDER COMPELLING PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENT ACCESS PG/JF

10/11/2019 Court Coordinator's Case Notes
SIGNED - ORDER ON AREED MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE PG/JF

10/11/2019 Order on Motion to Continue (Judicial Officer: Grady, Patricia ) - Granted

10/14/2019 CANCELED Jury Trial (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Grady, Patricia) - Reset

11/06/2019 Disposition Setting (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Grady, Patricia) - DISCOVERY DOCKET

11/22/2019 Pre-Trial Conference (10:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Grady, Patricia)

12/02/2019 Jury Trial (9:10 AM) (Judicial Officer Grady, Patricia)

link: http://publicaccess.co.galveston.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1314751

Wednesday, November 6th:
*Disposition Hearing (@ 9am CT) - TX - Anne-Christine Johnson (30) (Dec. 8, 2016, League City) - *Shaun Philip Hardy (32), ex-husband accused & charged with 1st degree murder; confessed, released from prison on $1M bond (GPS tracking), no passport & must submit to drug tests every 7 days; revised (6/12/19) drug tests every 30 days. Bond changed (7/12/19) to $500K, back in jail.
Jury trial was to start on 10/15/18, then 7/15/19, then on 10/14/19, & now to start on 12/2/19.
Court info from 10/5/18 thru 9/12/19 reference post #376 here:
TX - Anne-Christine Johnson, 30, League City, 8 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

9/12/19 Update: Motion for bond reduction. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/27.
9/27/19 Update: Motion for bond reduction-denied. Motion for change of venue-denied. Defense files motion to suppress evidence. Next Disposition (Discovery Conference) hearing on 10/10.
10/10/19 Update: Pretrial hearing moved to 10/11. 10/11/19 Update: Motion for continuance-granted. Psych treatment. Trial is cancelled, and reset for 12/2/19. Next Disposition hearing on 11/6 & pretrial conference hearing on 11/22.

Monday, November 25th:
*Plea Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Anne-Christine Johnson (30) (Dec. 8, 2016, League City) - *Shaun Philip Hardy (32), ex-husband accused & charged with 1st degree murder; confessed, released from prison on $1M bond (GPS tracking), no passport & must submit to drug tests every 7 days; revised (6/12/19) drug tests every 30 days. Bond changed (7/12/19) to $500K, back in jail.
Jury trial was to start on 10/15/18, then 7/15/19, then on 10/14/19, & now to start on 12/2/19 & was cancelled.
Court info from 10/5/18 thru 9/12/19 reference post #376 here:
TX - Anne-Christine Johnson, 30, League City, 8 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

9/12/19 Update: Motion for bond reduction. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/27. 9/27/19: Motion for bond reduction-denied. Motion for change of venue-denied. Defense files motion to suppress evidence. Next Disposition (Discovery Conference) hearing on 10/10.
10/10/19 Update: Pretrial hearing moved to 10/11. 10/11/19 Update: Motion for continuance-granted. Psych treatment. Trial is cancelled, and reset for 12/2/19. Next Disposition hearing on 11/6 & pretrial conference hearing on 11/22. 11/21/19: Hearing on 11/22 & trial on 12/2 have been cancelled. A plea hearing is scheduled on 11/25.

Some of the article from the above link:

Defense attorneys for Hardy reached a plea agreement with Galveston County prosecutors late last week, with Hardy pleading guilty to charges of murder and tampering with evidence Monday in Judge Patricia Grady’s courtroom.

Hardy will serve 30 years in prison for the murder charge and 20 years for the tampering charge, but will serve the sentences concurrently. He is eligible for parole after 15 years.

Johnson’s family packed the courtroom for Monday’s hearing. They were silent as Hardy entered handcuffed in a green Galveston County Jail jumpsuit. Grady read Hardy the terms of his plea agreement, and Hardy officially entered his guilty plea to the two charges.

Kacey Launius, one of the prosecutors on Hardy’s case, said his attorneys had originally offered for Hardy to plead to a lesser charge of manslaughter and a reduced prison sentence, which prosecutors declined. Launius said they were preparing to begin a jury trial in December when his attorneys came back to them with an agreement to plead guilty to the murder charge.

“The most important thing that happened here is that the (Johnson) family got to see him stand up and take responsibility for what he did to Anne-Christine,” Launius said. “I think 30 years is a good result so that the family can start to heal.”

Johnson’s mother, Stephanie, father, Lee, and sister, Molly, all read victim impact statements at Monday’s hearing.

Lee Johnson said he would attend “any and all future parole hearings” to ensure that Hardy served the entirety of his 30-year sentence.

Stephanie Johnson detailed “all the ways (Hardy’s) actions had destroyed my life,” from almost losing her business and house, ignoring warning signs of cancer, and even avoiding kitchen knives, the weapon Hardy used to kill her daughter.

“By law you must spend at least 15 years of your 30-year sentence behind bars, but I am a lifer sentenced to the cruel and unusual punishment of trying to forget the grisly details you voluntarily provided of my daughter’s slaughter at your hands,” Johnson said.

League City man pleads guilty to ex-wife's slaying, sentenced to 30 years in prison

I'm so conflicted about this outcome. I'm happy he finally plead guilty but 15 years will never seem like a fair sentence to me when the victim was outright murdered in a brutal manner like Anne-Christine was murdered. At least now we know why the dates kept getting pushed back. His lawyers were actually trying to get his charges reduced to manslaughter (what a joke)! My prayers are for ACJ's friends and family, especially her son. I hope they can find a way to heal. :(

Some of the article from the above link:

Defense attorneys for Hardy reached a plea agreement with Galveston County prosecutors late last week, with Hardy pleading guilty to charges of murder and tampering with evidence Monday in Judge Patricia Grady’s courtroom.

Hardy will serve 30 years in prison for the murder charge and 20 years for the tampering charge, but will serve the sentences concurrently. He is eligible for parole after 15 years.

Johnson’s family packed the courtroom for Monday’s hearing. They were silent as Hardy entered handcuffed in a green Galveston County Jail jumpsuit. Grady read Hardy the terms of his plea agreement, and Hardy officially entered his guilty plea to the two charges.

Kacey Launius, one of the prosecutors on Hardy’s case, said his attorneys had originally offered for Hardy to plead to a lesser charge of manslaughter and a reduced prison sentence, which prosecutors declined. Launius said they were preparing to begin a jury trial in December when his attorneys came back to them with an agreement to plead guilty to the murder charge.

“The most important thing that happened here is that the (Johnson) family got to see him stand up and take responsibility for what he did to Anne-Christine,” Launius said. “I think 30 years is a good result so that the family can start to heal.”

Johnson’s mother, Stephanie, father, Lee, and sister, Molly, all read victim impact statements at Monday’s hearing.

Lee Johnson said he would attend “any and all future parole hearings” to ensure that Hardy served the entirety of his 30-year sentence.

Stephanie Johnson detailed “all the ways (Hardy’s) actions had destroyed my life,” from almost losing her business and house, ignoring warning signs of cancer, and even avoiding kitchen knives, the weapon Hardy used to kill her daughter.

“By law you must spend at least 15 years of your 30-year sentence behind bars, but I am a lifer sentenced to the cruel and unusual punishment of trying to forget the grisly details you voluntarily provided of my daughter’s slaughter at your hands,” Johnson said.

League City man pleads guilty to ex-wife's slaying, sentenced to 30 years in prison

Thanks Gardener. I'm so upset I could barely even read the article. 30 years?!!! We have to live without her for the rest of our lives. I am not happy with 15-30 years.

when I put my friend's name in google search bar now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624-213128_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-213128_Google.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 18
Today is a year since Shaun formally admitted his guilt for murder and tampering with evidence. Hoping he stays there for the other 29 years.

RIP my sweet friend

I think about Anne-Christine as often as some of my own friends - she always reminded me of someone special. I hope her little boy is doing well and is healing so he can grow into the kind of good man Anne-Christine would have wanted him to be. Have a safe and happy holiday @DD8 <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back