OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conversation was CC, came from thread 51 around post 89

Whose conversation? I'm kind of tired of chasing around these threads trying to find a link for those statements. Some of them sound vaguely familiar from RN's August hearing, but no one has confirmed that unless I missed it. I suppose it's best, when I get an hour and a half, I should sit down and listen to that hearing to see if that's where CC got this information. Otherwise, I'm not sure how a conversation someone has with someone not associated with the case counts as a good source for knowing inside details about AW's converations with RN and others in her phone calls from jail.

Last edited:
Whose conversation? I'm kind of tired of chasing around these threads trying to find a link for those statements. Some of them sound vaguely familiar from RN's August hearing, but no one has confirmed that unless I missed it. I suppose it's best, when I get an hour and a half, I should sit down and listen to that hearing to see if that's where CC got this information. Otherwise, I'm not sure how a conversation someone has with someone not associated with the case counts as a good source for knowing inside details about AW's converations with RN and others in her phone calls from jail.
?...Information on the phone calls comes from Angela Canepa. I provided the links to the Hearing and even--time wise--how far in to go to hear Canepa describe the phone calls. I simply transcribed, to the best of my ability, (I'm not a transcriptionist) what Canepa said in open Court about those calls.

I wanted to find out all I could about what Rita and Angela talked about and thought I'd share. Not alot of detailed information came out in Court but enough to be pretty interesting....

Last edited:
Monday, December 2nd:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. Rhoden (16), Hanna May Rhoden (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *Rita Jo Newcomb (65) (Maternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 3 counts forgery (5th degree), 1 count obstructing justice (5th degree) & 1 count perjury (3rd degree). Plead not guilty. $50K Surety bond.
Trial was scheduled for 11/18/19-continued. (should last about 4 days)
Court information from 10/22/19 to 11/15/19 reference post #132 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

11/18/19 Update: Trial has been continued. Jurors who were summoned were released. Motion hearing on 12/2 @ 1pm.
*George Washington Wagner III (47) – Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/9.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48) – Pretrial motions hearing on 12/11.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26) - Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/11.
*George Washington Wagner IV (28) - Next pretrial & scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

BBM
In my opinion the answer is YES. Remember Billy was caught with a shed full of stolen items and he asked the cop if he could just "pay some fine."

That speaks volumes to me anyway.

"...They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

During the execution of the search warrant, Wagner claimed he'd simply purchased the tools from two individuals. He asked if he could pay "some fine," a deputy wrote... "

Pike County: Father accused in Rhoden massacre faced prior felonies

He might have thought that fencing was an offense that you paid only a fine to the court or returned the goods. He probably didn't care as long as it didn't slow him down. He's probably been wheeling, dealing, fencing, and stealing for decades.

I've never seen a thing, negative, legal-wise, regarding his siblings, though, who were raised in the same home. For this reason, and the fact G3's sons were included, I tend to think that G3 has a personality disorder. A personality disorder, for example, "antisocial personality disorder", would :

" ... affect a person's entire personality and their ability to function in culturally "normal" ways across many contexts.

Antisocial personality disorder is a personality disorder that impedes a person's ability to care about the feelings and needs of others. People with this condition may harm others, engage in criminal behavior, or consider the needs of others only when doing so benefits them."
Sociopathy (antisocial personality disorder): What you need to know

This does not relieve him of facing the responsibility of what he's done, and the sentence handed down, should it go to trial, but it may explain why he acts like he does, and his sibs, raised in the same home,do not seem to do go about breaking the law and murdering people. Although it's possible to have more than one child, in a home, with a PD. If G3 has a PD, then it's more likely that one or both of his boys would have one and my money is on JW, if either do have one.

Last edited:
Yes. It's at the end of Rita's Revocation Hearing Part One.

One hour and 16 minutes in...

ANGIE AND RITA'S PHONE CONVERSATIONS
(I updated this in the Media & Timeline Pike Co. Thread)

Thanks for this, it's very helpful! I appreciate not having to listen to the whole thing again. I'll bookmark that note with the time stamp.

Monday, December 2nd:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. Rhoden (16), Hanna May Rhoden (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *Rita Jo Newcomb (65) (Maternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 3 counts forgery (5th degree), 1 count obstructing justice (5th degree) & 1 count perjury (3rd degree). Plead not guilty. $50K Surety bond.
Trial was scheduled for 11/18/19-continued. (should last about 4 days)
Court information from 10/22/19 to 11/15/19 reference post #132 here:

11/18/19 Update: Trial has been continued. Jurors who were summoned were released. Motion hearing on 12/2 @ 1pm.
*George Washington Wagner III (47) – Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/9.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48) – Pretrial motions hearing on 12/11.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26) - Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/11.
*George Washington Wagner IV (28) - Next pretrial & scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Thanks! Great work, as always!

WLWT has an article up today. They may cover it, they usually do, though sometimes on their Facebook page

Grandmother scheduled for hearing in Pike County mass slaying case

Angenette Levy @angenette5 Twitter
We are all set up for a hearing in Rita Newcomb’s case. She is charged with forgery, obstruction of justice and perjury in connection with the Rhoden homicides. Will there be a plea deal? Dismissal? We have to wait and see. Trial delayed 2 weeks ago today at last minute @Local12
Angenette Levy
I think today’s hearing could be very interesting @Local12
The last time we were here, two weeks ago, the state and defense asked for a delay jointly in the “interest of justice”. Think to yourselves: what could that mean? What would be considered “Justice” in this case @Local12
Rita Newcomb’s attorney conferring with her now in the hallway. @Local12

Last edited:
Angenette Levy @angenette5 Twitter
We are all set up for a hearing in Rita Newcomb’s case. She is charged with forgery, obstruction of justice and perjury in connection with the Rhoden homicides. Will there be a plea deal? Dismissal? We have to wait and see. Trial delayed 2 weeks ago today at last minute @Local12

Watch

Someone going to post the tweets? I hope! TIA! :)

As I'm busy posting tweets on another trial....
animated-smileys-computer-10.gif

Twitter
Lu Ann Stoia @stoiawsyx6

Rita Newcomb waits with her sister in the Pike County Courthouse. Newcomb is slated for a hearing this afternoon on a forgery charge. Newcomb’s daughter, son-in-law, and 2 grown sons charged with murder in connection with the Rhoden massacre in 2016.
Photo

I wouldn’t put nothing passed them as they have shown negligence already

Nope, 5 charges, too many to dismiss. I think she will take a plea if Gerlach can get her off with no jail time. It's the possible jail time that would matter in a plea. Opinion.
She would be incredibly lucky to get a plea with no jail or prison time. "Take the $ and run."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname