Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Welcome and Thanks iddy143 for your honest opinion. You represent what one of the jurors might be thinking. Oh boy, this is bad. Tell me please, what would you need to convince you out of that grey area? Where's your doubt? Is it the Death Penalty that you find not warranted ..... how about just LWOP?

Good morning. I guess it’s the fact that the only evidence they’ve presented is the word of a convicted felon who committed the actual crime. He’s benefiting from pointing the blame elsewhere (whether there’s actual blame there or not). There’s not one item (presented in court) that ties Mark to it whatsoever. There’s the question/doubt regarding the burner phones, but maybe they were using them for something else. Perhaps he was involved in something sketchy, other than murder.

The one thing that I absolutely do not understand is how CW would be able to bludgeon her to death unless there was genuine hate/rage/anger towards her. It’s one thing to kill someone, it’s another to be SO violent about it. It makes me wonder if there’s more to the CW/TS side of it. Maybe CW was obsessed with her (?). I don’t know , it’s all entirely based on speculation, but other than the burner phones raising SOME doubt, there’s nothing that I’ve seen presented that could get me to find Mark guilty. I’ll add that IMO, he did it. He’s super sleazy, his behavior has been appalling... all of that. But I wouldn’t be able to find him guilty on opinion alone.

Oh, and the money... Mark supposedly knew there was a second person joining CW for this, someone who expected to be paid, yet he doesn’t use a single dollar out of the $50k in the house? A murderer was okay with an IOU? I could see his best friend waiting on an insurance payout, but not JRR.

I’m sorry. I know this is an emotional case and I too am consumed by it. I just hope that justice is served to whomever deserves it.

I respect your opinion, but I don't think it would mean Mark would walk if it was proven TS had sex with CWW.

First of all, it's highly likely MS would know all about it. MS implied they were swingers, and LS said Teresa told Mark almost too much. MS would've known. Still doesn't mean TS deserves to die. If he did document it, so what? It would go towards his jealousy and asking/wanting his wife killed.

Second, Mark is the one who went to CWW's wedding, and even maybe played the blindfold game. Mark is the one who bought the burner phones, made codes to talk, so he's still involved. There is no way I can believe CWW acted on his own and killed Teresa out of jealousy or to have Mark for himself.

Finally, guess who would benefit from those many insurance policies if TS were to die? Not CWW, but Mark.

JMO and also MOO, oh and, BBM
I hope you're right. It worries me, though, that the state hasn't introduced much of that background. IANAL... Isn't the prosecution limited later as to what they can ask defense witnesses, and what they can introduce on rebuttal? If the defense goes down the road of a CWW/TS relationship and MS not being involved, will the state be able to get enough evidence in to counter that?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the jury sees the significance of the burner phone records.

side note: Had dinner with another couple last night for a pre bday bash and he is a lawyer. His take on this case is that the State is playing it safe and he thinks Mark will escape the death penalty and he might walk. He said there is too much other BS that is clouding this murder and he was referring to Dr P's wife.... Just his opinion

side note: Had dinner with another couple last night for a pre bday bash and he is a lawyer. His take on this case is that the State is playing it safe and he thinks Mark will escape the death penalty and he might walk. He said there is too much other BS that is clouding this murder and he was referring to Dr P's wife.... Just his opinion
<sigh>

I guess let's hope for a hung jury and a better prosecution next time.

Wow. I really think that the defense scored some points today. I think it is really wrong that Lee County has been subsidizing TS. That is an obscene amount of money--only her travel expenses and lodging should have been paid for--why are they paying for her life? Its so wrong. It diminishes her credibility. Bad move. Lots of people struggle with their living expenses--she shouldn't have been rewarded monetarily for cooperating with the police. I am stunned.

Last edited:
Why didn't Ross ask Taylor how Jimmy was supposed to be paid the $10,000?? Jimmy told her it was from the life insurance proceeds Mark was to receive. What a HUGE missed opportunity. They couldn't screw this up anymore if they tried. I swear.

<insert a string of expletives right here>

Good morning. I guess it’s the fact that the only evidence they’ve presented is the word of a convicted felon who committed the actual crime. He’s benefiting from pointing the blame elsewhere (whether there’s actual blame there or not). There’s not one item (presented in court) that ties Mark to it whatsoever. There’s the question/doubt regarding the burner phones, but maybe they were using them for something else. Perhaps he was involved in something sketchy, other than murder.

The one thing that I absolutely do not understand is how CW would be able to bludgeon her to death unless there was genuine hate/rage/anger towards her. It’s one thing to kill someone, it’s another to be SO violent about it. It makes me wonder if there’s more to the CW/TS side of it. Maybe CW was obsessed with her (?). I don’t know , it’s all entirely based on speculation, but other than the burner phones raising SOME doubt, there’s nothing that I’ve seen presented that could get me to find Mark guilty. I’ll add that IMO, he did it. He’s super sleazy, his behavior has been appalling... all of that. But I wouldn’t be able to find him guilty on opinion alone.

Oh, and the money... Mark supposedly knew there was a second person joining CW for this, someone who expected to be paid, yet he doesn’t use a single dollar out of the $50k in the house? A murderer was okay with an IOU? I could see his best friend waiting on an insurance payout, but not JRR.

I’m sorry. I know this is an emotional case and I too am consumed by it. I just hope that justice is served to whomever deserves it.

You are voicing some of my thoughts as well, Iddy143. It never has made any sense to me that Teresa would have been bludgeoned repeatedly if there wasn't rage. That indicates another motive to me that isn't monetary, nor to do a favor to a long time friend. It indicates passion--hate, intense rage--not just a hit man job.
I also think that the cash that was readily available in the house makes relying on the promise of insurance payout less plausible.

You are voicing some of my thoughts as well, Iddy143. It never has made any sense to me that Teresa would have been bludgeoned repeatedly if there wasn't rage. That indicates another motive to me that isn't monetary, nor to do a favor to a long time friend. It indicates passion--hate, intense rage--not just a hit man job.
I also think that the cash that was readily available in the house makes relying on the promise of insurance payout less plausible.
Remember, IMO, that Mark planned this whole murder and took the steps to attempt to throw ppl off the track.

My friend's watching with me today. I've lost count of the number of times she's said 'when are they going to stop re-hashing Jimmy's trial and start pointing the finger at HIM!!'

Why the hell didn't the State address the threat issue with Taylor? That should never have happened, but couldn't they at least have tried to put some perspective on it? As in did LE threaten her in relation to telling the truth? If the State didn't know the answer to that, they should have. If they did know, well it's obvious why they didn't go down that road. Either way, to leave that hanging is damaging.

I want to say so much right now but I'll get thrown off w/s forever. This morning I was agitated, right now I am seething. Glad of the break.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back