GUILTY AR - Former State Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, 57, found dead, June 2019 *ARREST*

Oh no, how strange! I glanced it quickly but as I said, she died from stab wounds, not gunshot. The camera tells the tale, apparently. It was found in in the garage with many things, so it had been disconnected but there was footage IN THE CLOUD.

Here's another link Affidavit unveils new details in murder of former state Senator Linda Collins - ETA to confirm to guidelines on copywrited materials.

POCAHONTAS, Ark. (KAIT) - A report Friday noted that a home security camera owned by former State Senator Linda Collins reportedly played a role in the arrest of Becky O’Donnell.

According to content provider KARK, an arrest affidavit has been released for O’Donnell in the case.

The report notes that Collins died of multiple stab wounds, not shot, KARK reported, citing Arkansas Times in the story.
That article is also now gone. Only this one remaining so far...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ka...deo-cited-in-suspects-arrest-report-says/amp/

I don't remember reading that Momof4RN but I do know Boyce is backpedaling now. I also can't imagine Max Brantley would have released the information if he didn't have permission. Oopsie.
Think I may have been mistaken and it was the Gazetter that requested the judge to release. Knew I read someone did because of all the false information circulating.

Blog posts, retracts murder case report

MOD NOTE:

Regarding the blog post of a MSM reporter which was released in error yesterday then retracted shortly thereafter, we CANNOT discuss what was in that original blog post as it is no longer a published article. Please post accordingly.

CocoChanel

I don't see that there was ever a thread for the Oklahoma lawmaker Jonathan Nichols. His death has been ruled suicide.

Former state lawmaker's death ruled suicide

"NORMAN — The former state lawmaker who fatally shot himself last month was heavily intoxicated, according to an autopsy report released Wednesday.

Jonathan Nichols, 53, died inside his home the evening of June 5 from a contact gunshot wound to the chest. The pathologist who did the autopsy reported the manner of death as a suicide.

Police investigated the shooting as a possible homicide for a time because of the circumstances, court records show.

"It was noted that the firearm believed to have caused the wound was in an unexpected position," a police detective wrote in an affidavit for a search warrant. Police disclosed on June 27 that investigators had concluded their work and "determined there to be no foul play related to the death."

During the court appearance in Pocahontas, attorneys for O’Donnell presented several motions in the case including providing records, photographs, reports, documents and service of process at no charge to O’Donnell’s attorneys as well as an order to require officers to retain rough notes of the case; and for the state to disclose, preserve and produce digital files including photographs, digital video, digital audio or digital case files in the case, if taken, to be given to the defense.

Special Circuit Judge David Goodson approved each of the motions during the hearing.

Third Judicial Prosecuting Attorney Henry Boyce announced he would seek the death penalty against O’Donnell.

The fiancé of O’Donnell says there’s “no way” she is guilty.

The people of the Pocahontas area, are still in shock over the murder, and the arrest.

Rebecca O’Donnell appears in court for hearing in Collins murder case

I just copied a link to a story from very early in the investigation that puts a huge spin on the WHY? SMH! Can I post the link from my phone? Uhh, I need to figure this out.

“On defense’s motion this case will be continued a pre-trial hearing and motion day Nov. 22 at 10:30 am unless it’s set by a different time by the court. Between now and Nov. 22 that [time frame] will be an excludable period for the speedy trial purposes,”

Does this mean she did not wave her right to a speedy trial?

O'Donnell granted continuance for pre-trail hearing

The trial date has been set for the woman accused of killing former Arkansas senator Linda Collins.
(...)
O'Donnell is scheduled to appear in court again for a pre-trial hearing on Feb. 28, 2020, at 10:30 a.m. Her trial date is set to begin on Oct. 19, 2020, and end on Oct. 30. Trial date set for woman accused of killing former Arkansas senator

The judge overseeing the case has imposed a gag order so rigid that defense lawyers and court staff refuse to discuss even the most mundane scheduling matters connected with it. Then, the judge, David Goodson, took himself off the case on Tuesday and asked the Arkansas Supreme Court to appoint a replacement, according to Supreme Court records.
On top of that, without warning or stated justification, jailers last week placed O’Donnell under the strictest detention protocols even as they admit the woman has been a model inmate since being arrested in June.
Snip
Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas, who runs the jail housing O’Donnell, said in an interview that "the Arkansas State Police has requested the administrative lockdown on her. They had contacted us and requested us to place her on administrative lockdown and restrict her visits."

More at link

More questions than answers in case of woman accused of killing former state senator
Something stinks to high heaven here. IMO

According to the article posted above ‘More questions than answers in case of woman accused of killing former state senator’, her body was found in the driveway. It has been moved to the driveway from inside the house. IMO, the killer wrapped her in a rug and dragged her outside with the intentions of putting her in his/her automobile but the body was too heavy to lift. Sounds like they wanted to get rid of the body.

The prosecutor trying the murder case against the Randolph County woman accused of killing former state Sen. Linda Collins unexpectedly asked to quit this week, after a similar request made by a judge assigned to the case.
Third Judicial Circuit Prosecuting Attorney Henry Boyce was relieved by an order signed by Circuit Judge John Fogleman on Wednesday, according to a copy of the document provided by the circuit clerk's office. Fogleman himself was assigned to the case Nov. 26 after the previous judge, David Goodson, asked to be removed for unknown reasons.

Snip

Fogleman's appointment by the Arkansas Supreme Court last week made him the fourth judge to hear matters related to Collins' death.
Prosecutor in death of former state senator asks departure; trial of woman sees another turn

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back