Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. But I believe you are wrong. Gift taxes are due after a certain amount. Last time I checked, it was $11,000 per recipient.

Added: but forgiveness of debt is a taxable event.

Very Good. Yes, they are Very Taxable.

I believe that FD has dug himself into a hole. It's a Loan, no it's an investment, no it's a gift, no it's equity, no it's a forgiveness of a debt.

Which is it FD?

IMO a Loan is a Loan is a Loan. Period.

IMO.

Atty. P. simply cannot see and microphone and step away. Nope, not ever. Also worried (not really...) about his health as he wasn't sure of the date he was heading to Hartford for his 'gag order appeal' as for some reason he referred to 9/12.

Here is Atty. P. outside of Civil Court today making the inflammatory statement that "the Farber estate owes FD money and not visa versa", close relationship between the Farber and FD and also stating that GF is vindictive in wanting to destroy FD and Atty. P. also refers to GF as "MOMMY Warbucks".

IMO it appears that Atty. P. might have slept through his contracts and commercial transactions classes at law school as he (like FD) doesn't seem to understand the difference between a LOAN and a GIFT.

Marissa Alter posted the Atty. P. comments in a video on her FB page for those interested in hearing them in their entirety.

Marissa Alter
4 hrs ·
Fotis Dulos' criminal defense team was also at today's civil trial listening to the testimony. Norm Pattis addressed the media after today wrapped up. I didn't include Pattis' comments in my piece but wanted to post his remarks here.

73394656_1165445406984476_3370905808115073024_n.jpeg

Last edited:
Marissa Alter report on FD testimony from today in Civil Case:

Fotis Dulos testifies in loan dispute lawsuit involving missing wife’s mother

Quotes from report:
"More than six months after New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos disappeared, her estranged husband took the witness stand Tuesday in a civil matter".

"Gloria Farber, mother of Jennifer Dulos, is suing Fotis Dulos for more than $2.5 million. Farber says the money was loaned to Fotis Dulos for his business by her late husband, Hilliard Farber".

"Fotis Dulos testified in Hartford Superior Court that the money was a gift".

“He and I had a very, very good relationship. He was like a second father to me,” he testified.

"The lawsuit was filed 18 months before Fotis Dulos’ wife disappeared".

"In court, Fotis Dulos said Hilliard Farber encouraged him to start his own home building company, the Fore Group, and even loaned him money to help out. But he also testified that the relationship changed in 2010 after his and his wife’s fifth child was born".

“He expressed his support and he said to me that, in the future, any of these advances are not going to be considered loans. I don't want any interest,” Fotis Dulos testified.

"Gloria Farber’s attorney Richard Weinstein contends that they were loans. Weinstein put accountant Joseph Urbanski on the stand who testified he prepared the tax returns for the Fore Group for a decade".

"Urbanski said each year, he listed a loan amount owed to Hilliard Farber".

"Then, in 2017 after Hilliard Farber died, Fotis Dulos asked Urbanski to convert the loan amount to equity, which Urbanski refused to do".

"Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance did not come up in testimony, but Fotis Dulos’ sister, who was in the U.S. from Greece, denied he had anything to do with what happened to her".

Last edited:
Its a bit OT for the trial talk but the LA deposition was interesting IMO as FD/Atty BM seemed on a big fishing expedition on how the 5 Dulos children made it to NY from CT on 4/24/Missing Date.

Its an interesting question as FD/MT took the Suburban to Waveny so it wasn't available to LA to use and in her deposition she stated that she usually drove the Suburban.

So, if there weren't duplicate car seats in all the vehicles (this would be a lot of seats to have lying around IMO) or LA didn't have keys to the Range Rover or Porsche on 4/24 OR she didn't take the children to the city on the train or via car service, then she might have been forced to take them in her personal vehicle which appeared to be a Kia (believed to be a 5 person vehicle - 3 in back seat and 2 in front).

I found this info on child seats and restraints for CT (info from below link):

What are the Child Passenger Safety Laws in Connecticut?
LAW: Infants must remain rear-facing until they are a minimum of both 2 year and 30 pounds.

LAW: Toddlers must be in a forward facing car seat with 5 point harness until 5 years and 40 pounds.

LAW: Children should ride in a booster until they reach 8 years old AND 60 pounds (they must meet both requirements). Children who ride in a booster seat must use a lap and shoulder belt.

LAW: Children, tweens and teens must be in a seat belt whenever they ridein a vehicle.
Further Recommended: Children should ride in the back seat until they are 13 years old. All people and objects should be properly restrained whenever they are in a vehicle.

Violators of the Connecticut car seat law must pay a fine and attend a 2-hour educational car seat class at the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Safe Kids CT :: Child Passenger Safety

What I do find fascinating about these rules is that FD AND MT were in violation of these rules when they had 10 people in the famous drone shot of the group of them going/coming from ski day trip. This picture was used by FD as his FB photo and what is so hilarious about it is that it tells us yet again who/what FD and MT are all about. MT wasn't supposed to be with the 5 children (but she was in the picture and its been up on FB since 2018) and it looked like there were 10 people standing in that driveway who had gotten out of the Suburban (or we all about to pile into the Suburban). Its also unclear if all the ski gear fit in the car tote or whether it was inside the Suburban as well.

Looks like FD/MT if caught could have been subject to 'fine' and 2 hr. safety class. Not surprising in CT, zero happened.....

View attachment 218638

OR, let's his minor children drive the Porsche around the neighborhood! REALLY!!

As experienced (& talented) as he is, imagine how emotionally difficult this must be for him since he knows FD murdered Jennifer. MOO.

I feel like he’ll be in the zone where you cannot, will not lose, and you KNOW it. It’s that sense of flow that people get when they’ve prepared and prepared, and they know they’re very, very, very good at what they do, and on top of all of that, what they’re doing is more than the sum of its parts, and it’s about more than money or fame or anything except what they were born to do, THIS. When people are in that zone, it’s like laser vision or tunnel vision, it seems, so that all that happens even the seemingly negative like the surprise dirty moves today just strengthens their resolve. It’s all MOO but I believe it’s true.

I wish we could do a poll to see what people think FD contributed financially (forget emotionally....) to the ongoing needs of his wife and 5 children?

-Did FD pay for the schooling? IMO Doubtful - Highly Unlikely
-Did FD pay for food, transportation and shelter? IMO Doubtful - Highly Unlikely
-Did FD pay for travel and vacations to FL/Greece/Aspen etc.? IMO Doubtful - Highly Unlikely

So, just how much of any money that FD money made over the years via FORE go to actually support his family and children that he claims he 'love so much'?

Was FD 'sister' Rena here in CT to simply bring more $$$$ to pay Atty. P. and the legal team or was she concerned about FD and his ongoing ability to support his "Greek Family" when he gets hit with a $2.5 million judgment?

Will any such judgment issued by the Court associated with the Civil Suit carry through to known associates of FD/FORE and you would think that FD 'sister' who has been with FORE "since the beginning" would be at the top of the list. Wonder why we didn't see the Greek Rear Admiral in Court or CT today? Wonder what the Rear Admiral's views on FD 'business practices/ethics and personal morality' might be?

MOO

I don't know what FD reported and am certainly not here to defend him. I am, however, a certified (but not verified ) tax geek and can confirm that gifts received from relatives are not taxable income, regardless of the amounts.

So does that mean that it all hinges on whether something is a loan vs. a gift? I’m confused. Someone I know wanted to give money to her kids and she said there was a set amount she could give them each year before it was taxed. This is not my area at all. MOO.

Very Good. Yes, they are Very Taxable.

I believe that FD has dug himself into a hole. It's a Loan, no it's an investment, no it's a gift, no it's equity, no it's a forgiveness of a debt.

Which is it FD?

IMO a Loan is a Loan is a Loan. Period.

IMO.

I think my friend said it was $14,000 this year. Or not. MOO.

I wish we could do a poll to see what people think FD contributed financially (forget emotionally....) to the ongoing needs of his wife and 5 children?

-Did FD pay for the schooling? IMO Doubtful - Highly Unlikely
-Did FD pay for food, transportation and shelter? IMO Doubtful - Highly Unlikely
-Did FD pay for travel and vacations to FL/Greece/Aspen etc.? IMO Doubtful - Highly Unlikely

So, just how much of any money that FD money made over the years via FORE go to actually support his family and children that he claims he 'love so much'?

Was FD 'sister' Rena here in CT to simply bring more $$$$ to pay Atty. P. and the legal team or was she concerned about FD and his ongoing ability to support his "Greek Family" when he gets hit with a $2.5 million judgment?

Will any such judgment issued by the Court associated with the Civil Suit carry through to known associates of FD/FORE and you would think that FD 'sister' who has been with FORE "since the beginning" would be at the top of the list. Wonder why we didn't see the Greek Rear Admiral in Court or CT today? Wonder what the Rear Admiral's views on FD 'business practices/ethics and personal morality' might be?

MOO

I am really sorry to say this but I know of a similar kind of situation (nowhere near this level) where the woman was very well off and wanted to be married with kids (and be happy) and she met a greedy, horrible (MOO) man who was happy to “give her” the kids and that’s how he saw it. Period. She paid for everything and did everything and he bought expensive toys and treated the kids and her like the cross he had to bear for all the material things. It’s sad and horrifying that someone would be that way. And you can’t do anything to help. Except hope for karma. MOO.

IP 941 A Guide to the Federal and Connecticut Gift Taxes

Q. WHO IS REQUIRED TO FILE A FEDERAL GIFT TAX RETURN?

A. If the value of your gift is in excess of $10,000, you must file a Federal gift tax return, whether or not the gift results in a federal tax. The gift is to be reported on Federal Form 709, United States Gift (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return. However, you do not have to file a gift tax return for:

a. A transfer of a present interest that is not more than the annual exclusion ($10,000);

b. A qualified transfer for educational or medical expenses; or

c. A transfer to your spouse that qualifies for the unlimited marital deduction.

NOTE: The above exceptions are fully explained in the IRS publications. See "Related Forms and Publications" below.

Sorry to all, I was using a keyboard shortcut today in a few posts and so incorrectly stated the Jennifer Farber Dulos "Missing Date" as 4/24.

This is INCORRECT.

The correct missing date is 5/24/19.

Keyboard shortcut has been fixed so no more errors going forward.

Thanks to @sleuth66 for pointing out my techno fail!

Timeline: The day Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared and the events in the week that followed

Attached please find HC visual timeline of first couple of weeks post 5/24/19 - Missing Date

The HC states, "The following is based on information from court documents, interviews and sources with direct knowledge of the investigation".

Similarly to what we saw with the Press reporting of FD/MT 'alibi script' info as 'fact', the HC included a reference to the 'Housekeeper' arriving at Welles at Noon on 5/24/19 and finding nobody home. This statement by the HC was based on an 'unidentified source' and this statement has been widely reposted by other Press outlets with the source being the HC. I'm not sure why the HC didn't verify its source of this information or why other press outlets didn't do their own verification of this information with LE. The bottom line on the 'housekeeper' seems to be that we have no direct statement from LE to verify this statement as being true. I'm also not sure why the HC hasn't gone back and done retractions or alterations to articles that refer to information from the 'alibi scripts' as frankly it runs all through their coverage of this case IMO and is highly misleading at best as the record needs to be corrected IMO.

So, if anyone has a direct link to LE statement on the issue of the 'housekeeper' at Welles and can post it that would be helpful for purposes of the overall timeline.

I've heard that the IRS has to pick and choose which potentially fraudulent tax payers to spend resources to investigate and they tend to err on the side of stories with the greatest potential to educate the general public by making an example of someone. But if this scenario doesn't fit the bill and we don't see something happen here I am going to be fit to be tied trying to honestly fill out my own tax paperwork in the spring! Not to mention my shock and outrage that many of you have suggested that our CT tax dollars may be funding MT's legal defense - I just do not understand how that could even be? I would welcome further education on this as well as suggestions as to how I might best speak up as a disgusted citizen.

Then this is good to know since it likely means that the IRS won’t be too concerned about LA, in spite of the suggestion from BM during her deposition, that she doesn’t declare some of her income. Like you, I believe they aren’t worried about “babysitting money”-they are much more concerned about people like FD, who take a salary of over $2 mil, and don’t pay taxes on it-not to mention all of the other unreported income over the years.

I wonder if FD would rather owe GF and his children money or spend time in the klink for filing fraudulent tax returns and perjury?

Tomorrow should be an interesting day.

I think, regardless of any other repercussions, he would rather not give a dime to GF and Jennifer’s children; they were 100% her responsibility as far as he’s concerned

that's probably why he folded it in half
Also beware of Greeks bearing gifts

Seriously, what could have possibly been in that bag? Would his lawyer(s) trust him to bring his evidence himself? I mean, is it SOP for the defendant to cart stuff in himself, or is evidence always in the hands of the attorney and others associated with the attorney’s office? Maybe it was the invoices, because he just made them up and there wasn’t any time to get them into BM’s hands prior to the trial?

Last edited:
FD is seriously delusional, like Jennifer said-he is just pulling scenarios out of his [redacted], and throwing them out there, hoping the judge doesn’t know any better. If I was Cesar Noble, I would be highly insulted by this nonsense. And it really does show the bad character of his legal team, because while they have an obligation to defend their client vigorously, I have to imagine that at least one of them is saying “this is absolutely ridiculous-I can’t say this in front of the judge”, and yet they all persist in doing and saying what FD wants. The fact that NP allegedly had his head in his hands in court yesterday says to me that he absolutely knows where this is headed for his client. This judge, though...I think he could allow absolutely anything-Weinstein must be ready to blow a gasket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkbiff13