Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t it be nice if those contractor’s all came forward and advise how they were really paid?

Yes-do the newly produced invoices have any identifying information on them saying who did the work? If so, maybe Weinstein will have time to find out-this may be why FD didn’t produce them until yesterday

@Reporter_Savino

Court taking recess. Plaintiffs complaining about credit card statements Dulos and his lawyer trying to enter as evidence. Plaintiffs say statements should have been turned over in discovery.

Dulos also says monthly payment was supposed to go only to loan principal, and not interest.

So far this morning, Dulos contesting Plaintiffs' calculation on outstanding loan balance. He says calculation didn't include gifts from Farbers that should have lowered principal

Plaintiffs withdraw objection

https://twitter.com/Reporter_Savino/status/1202253880832274432

Last edited:
“Murray also presented records that showed the Fore Group had built an 1,800-square-foot guest house on the family’s Pound Ridge, N.Y., property and that some of the bills for that hadn’t been paid. State police searched the Pound Ridge property after Farber Dulos disappeared. It is located only minutes from her New Canaan home.

During Monday’s proceedings, the trustee of the Farber estate, attorney Mark Dean, acknowledged that payments hadn’t been made and testified that he’d shave the debt by about a third — to $1.7 million — because of that.

Weinstein objected to the bank records and the invoices from the guest house coming in as evidence because he said they hadn’t been turned over to the plaintiff during discovery and had only been shown to him that morning. But Judge Noble ruled that his subpoena for Fore Group records was ambiguous and only sought records from 2010; many of the ones presented Tuesday were prior to that.”

New documents show Fotis Dulos was more than $4 million in debt weeks before his estranged wife Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared

So Noble is really siding with FD on the issue of the Pound Ridge invoices.
If that's true (4M in debt), I'm really surprised that this went to trial? Unless Weinstein & Co. did a FATCA (offshore/tax haven) investigation and found hidden assets. Hmmm.

Marissa Alter on Twitter

Farber/Dulos trial resumes with Fotis Dulos back on the stand being questioned by his attorney about his company’s finances. @News12CT
EK89xtyXkAIlWZw.jpg

0 replies .2 retweets3 likes

@AishaMbTV

On the stand #FotisDulos says he did use his credit cards for both business and personal and would only reimburse himself for business expenses when it came to Fore Group Inc funds

@MarissaAlter

https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1202257630896545793
As Fotis Dulos goes through his financials, he notes a payment to worker Pawel Gumienny. That name should be familiar to those of you following the criminal case. Gumienny was the Fore Group employee whose truck Dulos allegedly used the morning Jennifer disappeared.
@News12CT

@AishaMbTV

On the stand #FotisDulos says he did use his credit cards for both business and personal and would only reimburse himself for business expenses when it came to Fore Group Inc funds
Uh Oh - where's our forensic accountant ? this is not good business practice but I know owners do it all the time...IMO

@AishaMbTV

Yesterday a paralegal on the stand said they found #FotisDulos reimbursed himself more than 2 million. Today Fotis says there are discrepancies in her calculations and all his reimbursements were business expenses.
@FOX61News

@davealtimari
Fotis Dulos back on the stand and he has produced AMEX records that weren’t produced previously which show that he repaid the Fore Group for some of expenses that were listed yesterday by attorney Weinstein as personal expenses.

If that's true (4M in debt), I'm really surprised that this went to trial? Unless Weinstein & Co. did a FATCA (offshore/tax haven) investigation and found hidden assets. Hmmm.
The financial disclosure in Family Court was always at issue IMO and never fully resolved by Judge Heller. The FD submission to Family Court was very clearly crafted to portray 'financial distress' and 'absence of income' to support his narrative in Family Court dispute with Jennifer Dulos IMO. The quality of FD financial disclosure was also at issue as he hadn't filed tax returns for 2 years and he seemed to do his own bookkeeping and didn't have either reviewed or audited financial statements either for himself personally or FORE Group. In short, disclosure from FD was questionable at best and even JD attorneys in direct examination of FD couldn't seem to make any progress to sort it all out in Family Court. There is also the issue in Family Court that FD submitted a vastly different financial picture of himself and FORE to his bank (Farmington/Peoples Bank) for purposes of loans etc. It seemed that there was one set of disclosure for the banks and another set of disclosure for the divorce and there was a large gap between the 2. The incomplete disclosure was clear in the Family Court IMO but I do wonder if we might see fraud charges or any other charges for the disclosure made to the banks?

As is being seen in the Civil case now, FD was spending quite a bit of money on himself and MT/Daughter while pleading poverty in Family Court. Where did this money come from? Did FD get this money from friend/s or family? Does MT know where the money came from? Did MT contribute ANYTHING financially to FD? Its all a black hole IMO and seeing yet more chaos on financial matters in Civil Court is disturbing as it appears FD and his Atty BM did not follow usual rules of discovery. Not sure why Judge is allowing this all to go on in this matter as its IMO making a mockery of court procedure.

MOO

Uh Oh - where's our forensic accountant ? this is not good business practice but I know owners do it all the time...IMO
Yes, this is the cardinal rule to not break yet not surprisingly we see FD break this rule over and over. Business and personal expenses are to be kept separate at all times. But it partially supports Atty Weinstein attempt to pierce the corporate veil which if supported by the Judge down the line will be a positive here IMO.

Big issue. But if FD didn't submit all the credit card statements then there would have been no way for Atty Weinstein to figure this all out IMO. I do wonder why the Judge is allowing this all to play out this way?

MOO

Yes, this is the cardinal rule to not break yet not surprisingly we see FD break this rule over and over. Business and personal expenses are to be kept separate at all times. But it partially supports Atty Weinstein attempt to pierce the corporate veil which if supported by the Judge down the line will be a positive here IMO.

Big issue. But if FD didn't submit all the credit card statements then there would have been no way for Atty Weinstein to figure this all out IMO. I do wonder why the Judge is allowing this all to play out this way?

MOO

Unclear if the judge ruled in favor of FD on this one, one reporter tweeted that the plaintiff withdrew the objection. Why though?

MOO
I fear FD is going to slide and slither his way out of this one .
Per usual ....

I'm not sure this one is so far fetched, even though I believe something nefarious went on with this transaction as a whole. I recently learned from an executive at Citibank that each country has a designated central bank that can wire to the US (I'm not sure of the other way around). As it was explained to me, many countries have gotten stricter about wiring internationally because they don't want money leaving their country and spent/invested overseas, as an example, as well as it making the money more difficult to track without the central banking system. I don't know about Greece (I was having issues with China wiring to the US) though the way it was explained to me made sense and was worldwide (and I know I'm not doing it justice). MOO

Huh interesting, thank you for explaining this. I was just under the false impression that it was simple and no bank would say no when someone wants to send them a half of a million dollars.

One small detail, it turns out I was mistaken when I said the bank was Greek. The person is Greek but the bank is in Dubai. Just wanted to correct myself in case that changes anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanmark