CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #3

There's case here in Scotland that's taken 43 years to solve.There will be justice for Susan.
I hope so. It just seems like her husband didn’t care, her son didn’t care, life just went on for them and I don’t really feel they made extraordinary efforts to try to find her.

She’s got to be somewhere. Her remains have to be somewhere. Somebody knows something. IMO

It is interesting to me how much satisfaction people can find in criticizing and blaming the victim's family. And based on how little they actually know about the situation. Is the purpose of this site just to gossip and entertain, because that's what some of these comments feel like.

Like I tell my daughter - treat others with respect, always. You don't know what's going on in their lives; you don't know their difficulties. The world could be such a better place. Maybe next time before making that negative comment, go look for someone to help. Look to make a positive impact somewhere, instead of being a negative.

Thank you for those who have been supportive of Susan and her family.

It is interesting to me how much satisfaction people can find in criticizing and blaming the victim's family. And based on how little they actually know about the situation. Is the purpose of this site just to gossip and entertain, because that's what some of these comments feel like.

Like I tell my daughter - treat others with respect, always. You don't know what's going on in their lives; you don't know their difficulties. The world could be such a better place. Maybe next time before making that negative comment, go look for someone to help. Look to make a positive impact somewhere, instead of being a negative.

Thank you for those who have been supportive of Susan and her family.

The only satisfaction we take is in bringing resolution to victims. Sometimes, that resolution comes from intense scrutiny of people close to the victim. Sometimes not. THAT is the positive impact we try to make. Period.

I am still thinking about Susan. What happened to this dear lady?
So often I have read that if the family keeps pushing their loved one missing in front of the line, in the news media, that it generates leads. Susan’s story needs more notoriety, more exposure. IMO

I am still thinking about Susan. What happened to this dear lady?
So often I have read that if the family keeps pushing their loved one missing in front of the line, in the news media, that it generates leads. Susan’s story needs more notoriety, more exposure. IMO

IIRC we've heard from 2 family members here on the thread -- but no additional information & no encouragement to look for Susan or seek information or closure....

Fair warning, if my Dad ever disappears -- y'all are gonna know about it pronto & hear it loud & long...we're good that way.

JMHO YMMV

IIRC we've heard from 2 family members here on the thread -- but no additional information & no encouragement to look for Susan or seek information or closure....

Fair warning, if my Dad ever disappears -- y'all are gonna know about it pronto & hear it loud & long...we're good that way.

JMHO YMMV
It’s been so long since this case started, I’m trying to remember if there was a search party that went out and looked for Susan. I’m talking about something besides police presence to look at her car and her wallet and credit cards splattered across the parking lot at Raley’s Market.

A real bonfide organized search party that took up many days and many resources.

In the case of a beloved missing person, you don’t have an attitude of K sera sera, whatever will be, will be. I apologize if that is offensive to other posters, and nobody gains any sort of happiness or gratification from any of this. Other than to see families united with their loved ones.

Susan could have been me. Same age, same type of lifestyle. That’s why I became interested in this case. I wanted her reunited with her family and in my opinion I just didn’t feel enough was done to locate her. Now, I could be wrong, maybe a lot was done behind the scenes and unknown to the general member at Websleuths. I hope so. But the sad truth is, Susan is still missing. I am haunted by this case and get zero satisfaction out of saying anything negative about any family member of any missing person.

It’s been so long since this case started, I’m trying to remember if there was a search party that went out and looked for Susan. I’m talking about something besides police presence to look at her car and her wallet and credit cards splattered across the parking lot at Raley’s Market.

A real bonfide organized search party that took up many days and many resources.

In the case of a beloved missing person, you don’t have an attitude of K sera sera, whatever will be, will be. I apologize if that is offensive to other posters, and nobody gains any sort of happiness or gratification from any of this. Other than to see families united with their loved ones.

Susan could have been me. Same age, same type of lifestyle. That’s why I became interested in this case. I wanted her reunited with her family and in my opinion I just didn’t feel enough was done to locate her. Now, I could be wrong, maybe a lot was done behind the scenes and unknown to the general member at Websleuths. I hope so. But the sad truth is, Susan is still missing. I am haunted by this case and get zero satisfaction out of saying anything negative about any family member of any missing person.
I lived a mile from where she went missing. I never saw a thing about it. No missing posters, no search parties, nada. Could they have happened? Yes but considering I went to the Starbucks in that parking lot every morning, dropped my kids off at the high school in front every morning, picked them up every afternoon and went grocery shopping at the Raley’s in the parking lot multiple times per week, I find it hard to believe I would have missed these things.

I lived a mile from where she went missing. I never saw a thing about it. No missing posters, no search parties, nada. Could they have happened? Yes but considering I went to the Starbucks in that parking lot every morning, dropped my kids off at the high school in front every morning, picked them up every afternoon and went grocery shopping at the Raley’s in the parking lot multiple times per week, I find it hard to believe I would have missed these things.
See, that’s what I remember. Several of our posters who followed this case and lived up in Roseville or the surrounding area all had the same thing to say about posters and searches that you just said Suglo. Really nothing that anyone saw. It was like it was all downplayed or covered up or something. I don’t know.
Susan just resonated with me from the beginning and I have never forgotten her. It just seemed no one cared.

I get chemo brain and I know it’s Que Sera Sera, I just couldn’t come up with it ATM I wanted to refer to it. Lol Sorry.

See, that’s what I remember. Several of our posters who followed this case and lived up in Roseville or the surrounding area all had the same thing to say about posters and searches that you just said Suglo. Really nothing that anyone saw. It was like it was all downplayed or covered up or something. I don’t know.
Susan just resonated with me from the beginning and I have never forgotten her. It just seemed no one cared.

I get chemo brain and I know it’s Que Sera Sera, I just couldn’t come up with it ATM I wanted to refer to it. Lol Sorry.
We knew what you meant! This case is confounding. It’s interesting that family members and/or their friends come on here to chide us for having opinions. Why aren’t they out at that shopping center on the anniversary of her disappearance trying to see if anyone might have seen something. At the hour she supposedly went there, it is a busy place with commuters stopping for coffee, high school kids going to class and parents doing their shopping after dropping kids off at school. Someone probably saw something but never heard about her disappearance. The more years that pass the less likely they will remember what happened that morning.

Anyway I hope the chemo is doing its job apart from the side effects :)

We knew what you meant! This case is confounding. It’s interesting that family members and/or their friends come on here to chide us for having opinions. Why aren’t they out at that shopping center on the anniversary of her disappearance trying to see if anyone might have seen something. At the hour she supposedly went there, it is a busy place with commuters stopping for coffee, high school kids going to class and parents doing their shopping after dropping kids off at school. Someone probably saw something but never heard about her disappearance. The more years that pass the less likely they will remember what happened that morning.

Anyway I hope the chemo is doing its job apart from the side effects :)

Yes, the chemo did it’s job, I am cancer free at the moment, I just had side effects now.

Personally, I did not understand where that poster was coming from. All these years and we haven’t heard a peep out of anyone who knew Susan.

I would hope to God that if I ended up missing, my kids would make more efforts to find me or what happened to me than I’ve seen out of this family. We are victim friendly here. Susan is the victim. By virtue of association, so is her family. We’ve all been around here long enough to recognize when efforts have been made by family members and when they haven’t. In this case, they haven’t and it’s been duly noted.

i wonder what Susan would be doing now if she had been found alive, soon after her disappearance. Enjoying time wth her grandchildren. I think last we heard, son was ready to welcome a second child. Maybe she would take them to school or pick them up. Have them on the weekends, take them to Disney movies. Play games with them. Those thoughts put a smile on my face, thinking about it.

Last edited:
Longtime WS lurker here.... I hope this is ok to post, but I just noticed a post on my FB feed of folks looking for the family of an unidentified English speaking woman in Ensenada BC. Not much info in terms of height, eye color, etc. but she reminded me a bit of Susan in the few pictures I’ve seen (also petite, maybe a space between front teeth?). The shape of her face/length of nose might not totally match, but it’s hard to tell. Here are the posted pictures (first two from FB post & last one from SacBee online article linked at beginning of thread that I seem unable to copy to this post without losing my post draft). Just seeing something & saying something.

3293CF03-CE65-426E-AEF0-7196E4CD42AF.jpeg001C4780-5292-4F76-9118-136E23688909.jpeg 9D3537B0-5FC1-4BE9-975B-73997438B9BE.jpeg

Found another picture of Susan, but she isn't smiling in this one, so can't see her teeth.
mp_susan_jacobson.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back