***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness. I can’t bring myself to celebrate putting anyone to death, but I pray for these families.
He was definitely celebrating his wife's murder years ago. Why did she deserve to die? She didn't, but she was murdered because of Mark and his grand plan.. Mark was so arrogant today as well. JMO

The Mummerts look genuinely devastated (I feel sad for the wife). It is because they know Mark and don't want him to die or do they actually think he's innocent??
I can tell you from experience that you get to know the family members. You care for them. You feel like you’ve let them down. It’s hard. So many people suffering greatly because of the actions of Mark Sievers. It’s just sad.

My goodness. I can’t bring myself to celebrate putting anyone to death, but I pray for these families.
He was definitely celebrating his wife's murder years ago. Why did she deserve to die? She didn't, but she was murdered because of Mark and his grand plan.. Mark was so arrogant today as well. JMO

I wouldn’t know if he celebrated his wife’s death as I wasn’t there. And if he had any part in it, then he had this coming. I’m not defending his actions, and certainly not his behavior. I just cannot find it in myself to celebrate putting someone to death. Deserved? Possibly. But you won’t see me making jokes about it. At the end of the day there are too many innocent people hurting from this to think there’s any positive outcome.

MAG had more emotion than any of the Sievers side at the death verdict. I just am shocked at not even a tear on that side until a bit later from stepsister. Just strange. Jury followed Law and not emotion.. they listened, they were obviously a very intelligent jury, did their work and followed directions. I'm still surprised. I think maybe focusing so much on the kids worked opposite what defense wanted. he TOOK their mother from them.

i still can't believe a FLORIDA jury gave death when he didn't actually COMMIT Directly.
I agree re a FL jury but they saw through with what was presented to them and saw that Mark planned a cold blooded murder on a wife/mother who did no harm in the world...JMO

This is a hard verdict, all the way around. Not a 'happy' time for anyone.

But not only is it fair, IMO, it sends a much-needed message in this day - when more and more spousal murders are being committed. We needed a harsh sentencing to let folks know they are not going to continue getting away with it.

Last edited:

I wouldn’t know if he celebrated his wife’s death as I wasn’t there. And if he had any part in it, then he had this coming. I’m not defending his actions, and certainly not his behavior. I just cannot find it in myself to celebrate putting someone to death. Deserved? Possibly. But you won’t see me making jokes about it. At the end of the day there are too many innocent people hurting from this to think there’s any positive outcome.
He had a pool party with his friends around the time ppl were coming to see him after the murder. That is all in the discovery. He certainly wasn't mourning! JMO

This is a hard verdict, all the way around. Not a 'happy' time for anyone.

But it is fair. But not only is it fair, IMO, it sends a much-needed message in this day - when more and more spousal murders are being committed. We needed a harsh sentencing to let folks know they are not going to continue getting away with it.
I can agree with this.

Exactly.

People need to tone down the celebration in here. Seriously people.

It’s fine to express that you’re pleased with the jury’s verdict but those two daughters are about to lose another parent. FOREVER.

"About to?" They will be full-grown adults when/if that ever happens. I'm just happy with the isolation he will experience as a death row inmate. I couldn't care less if he's ever actually put to death.

oh WOW !!! The Jury went into deliberation before I left work, I got home, hurried up and booted up computer to see if a decision has been made and saw this !!!
For some reason, I cannot watch anywhere. UGH
After watching live streaming through his whole court proceedings and watched and listened all day today at work, I did not get to see the decision.
Maybe it will be updated tomorrow and I can watch.
God Bless this jury and both families. What an emotional day for all of them.

He got what he deserved!! Justice was served. I could tell that her mother wanted death by her one action when they read the verdict and one count was life, she cringed. I hope I'm right, because what I wanted may be way different than what family wanted. The jury chose death and rightfully so. MS gave too many people the emotional death sentence!!

If it wasn't for JS and CS I may feel a bit better about the death recommendation. I am absolutely ok with the death penalty in general, but because of these two girls I feel a bit icky about it here. Don't get me wrong, I feel the jury did an excellent job, but I just can't celebrate. I'm sad for those girls.

He got what he deserved!! Justice was served. I could tell that her mother wanted death by her one action when they read the verdict and one count was life, she cringed. I hope I'm right, because what I wanted may be way different than what family wanted. The jury chose death and rightfully so. MS gave too many people the emotional death sentence!!

I saw that too. She misunderstood and felt let down. This is what she wanted, and good for her.

If it wasn't for JS and CS I may feel a bit better about the death recommendation. I am absolutely ok with the death penalty in general, but because of these two girls I feel a bit icky about it here. Don't get me wrong, I feel the jury did an excellent job, but I just can't celebrate. I'm sad for those girls.

I get it. But he's not going to the gallows tonight. They will be grown and have families of their own when/if he ever is executed. They will have a more mature understanding of why this was the ruling. For now, hopefully they can be insulated somewhat while they grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member