Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

On Adrienne's official missing page they hint that the body found is of a young woman, but the article below disputes that:

Police say the woman’s body sustained a lot of trauma and they recently found out the woman was over 50 years.

BREAKING: Police Say a Body was Found in Leelanau Co. - 9 & 10 News

Um, what?

Sheriff Borkovich said someone driving down Kasson Center Road thought they spotted what appeared to be drag marks through the fresh snow and thought they would come across a deer carcass.

After following the tracks, the body was discovered dumped over the side of a hill, according to Sheriff Borkovich.

Bizarre?

It is NOT Adrienne. Her family posted shortly after this body was discovered that it had been confirmed it was not her. Plus, there is the age difference. This is a whole new case.

Shouldn't a new thread be started for this case? I'm not really sure how to do that...

IMO stating the age range of the woman means that they probably know who it is.

We do have murders here. And eventually, they all get solved. That’s why AQ’s case is so strange. It’s really up in the air as to where she is and what happened. I’ve mentioned it before but it reminds me of when Jacob Cabinaw went missing from Traverse City. To this day there’s no closure on that case. :::edited grammar:::

Since Adrienne's family says it is not her, here is a thread for the unidentified woman found in Leelanau County: MI - MI - Leelanau Co, Female over 50 years old, Homicide, Near Maple City, Dec 2019

Goodness, I know Adrienne’s family is saying it’s not her, but that really is quite a coincidence. A body of a woman only a few years difference in age found only 15 miles from the cabin. I know there are murders but it’s not that populated of an area, right? I wonder why LE won’t comment on whether it’s Adrienne. And I wonder why her family thought it was a young person’s body.
I trust the family’s information that it is confirmed not to be her, just saying what a coincidence it is. Whoever this woman is, it’s so sad and I feel terrible for her family. I hope they can ID her ASAP. :(

Um, what?

Sheriff Borkovich said someone driving down Kasson Center Road thought they spotted what appeared to be drag marks through the fresh snow and thought they would come across a deer carcass.

After following the tracks, the body was discovered dumped over the side of a hill, according to Sheriff Borkovich.

Bizarre?
Just slightly, I didnt think people picked up roadkill in real life? Just sounds strange to notice and follow drag marks. Maybe it's a regional thing ( I'm on the left coast) or they were really hungry?

Just slightly, I didnt think people picked up roadkill in real life? Just sounds strange to notice and follow drag marks. Maybe it's a regional thing ( I'm on the left coast) or they were really hungry?
Seriously, that really had me intrigued. Unless I read it wrong? They were driving by, it says, and they noticed the dragging marks. Did they get out of their vehicle thinking there was deer meat to be had? I know a lot of people do eat deer meat and fill up their freezers with it, but they usually hunt for it, not look for drag marks.

I didn't know whether to be suspicious or to pity the person who expected to find something else? That would be an awful shock.

Seriously, that really had me intrigued. Unless I read it wrong? They were driving by, it says, and they noticed the dragging marks. Did they get out of their vehicle thinking there was deer meat to be had? I know a lot of people do eat deer meat and fill up their freezers with it, but they usually hunt for it, not look for drag marks.

I didn't know whether to be suspicious or to pity the person who expected to find something else? That would be an awful shock.
Ok, I have to chuckle at that and me. I read it but it never occurred to me what they expected to find at the end of the drag marks was a forked point and not a human body.

Ok, I have to chuckle at that and me. I read it but it never occurred to me what they expected to find at the end of the drag marks was a forked point and not a human body.

I'm just wondering who goes out and follows drag marks? I know of no one that does this, and I live in an area that is well hunted.

How would you see drag marks- was there snow on the ground?

I just know, if I see any drags marks in the future on the side of the road, I'll be continuing on my merry way! If I see blood, I'll call LE a couple of miles down the road- I mean, what if the killer was still there? :eek:

I originall
I'm just wondering who goes out and follows drag marks? I know of no one that does this, and I live in an area that is well hunted.

I just know, if I see any drags marks in the future on the side of the road, I'll be continuing on my merry way! If I see blood, I'll call LE a couple of miles down the road- I mean, what if the killer was still there? :eek:
I thought they followed the drag marks cuz they were curious as to what made them. I do believe there was snow on the ground. At least I hope so and they didn’t see drag marks deep in the dirt. Yikes! Then I guess they looked down the hill and saw what they saw.

My family are hunters and we don’t do road kill. We get our own. I can’t imagine being desperate enough for meat you follow drag marks in hopes of bringing home the bacon.:rolleyes: But, if you got a family to feed.........

One of the weirdest body discovery stories I’ve ever seen. There was reportedly snow on the ground, but I suspect they might have been doing something they shouldn’t have been doing and come across the body.

Either way at least they did the correct thing and reported it right away. What a shock that must have been

When I read the description, I thought there must have been blood in the drag marks. I mean the average person isnt going to notice that and stop to follow up. Anyway, I'll quit harping, but it's as weird as what happened to Adrienne. Must be in the air up there?

Um, what?

Bizarre?

Seems like a serious crime area.

Likely only related by proximity but that could have been a witness. It seems like not much care was taken or given. Someone just got rid of a body quickly.

I'm one of those people that turn around and check when there's a large body sized trashbag on the sides of the road or if there are skid marks leading off a shoulder. One day I saw a dead english bulldog on a collar with leash beside a road on the top of mountain near the appalachian trail, I had to stop and check because what was likely an dog dropped off, my mind went to dog and owner both hit.

We have tons of fresh snow on the ground. It’s been snowing all week.

MOO. As far as the body found in Maple City, LE is releasing the age as a way of telling the public that it’s not AQ without actually telling us. UID is over 50, AQ is under 50. MOO they know it’s not AQ because there is no decomp. It’s ranging between 9-35 degrees up here. I’m local, I live in the area that AQ disappeared from and where this UID was found.

MOO, as far as population size, between Grand Traverse, Leelenau and Benzie Counties you’re looking at over 150,000 people. These three counties intersect and sort of operate as the same area. For instance I live in one of these counties, my sibling in the other but we’re only a 15 minute drive from each other and see each other all of the time.

MOO this incident is unrelated to AQ and not to speculate but IMO most of the crime that occurs up here is drug related. We have an overwhelming meth and heroin problem and it doesn’t get talked about because we’re a tourist destination. Almost every crime we discuss on here regarding this area is going to stem from dug consumption or distribution. Again MOO as someone who is local.

Edited to add, taking a drive and randomly discovering a body isn’t all that suspicious up here. People go for drives for fun, and also because that area is not walkable. We are a bored, gutsy and hardy crowd up here. Our winters are 9 months and we’re suspicious of everything, always, MOO.

MOO. As far as the body found in Maple City, LE is releasing the age as a way of telling the public that it’s not AQ without actually telling us. UID is over 50, AQ is under 50. MOO they know it’s not AQ because there is no decomp. It’s ranging between 9-35 degrees up here. I’m local, I live in the area that AQ disappeared from and where this UID was found.

MOO, as far as population size, between Grand Traverse, Leelenau and Benzie Counties you’re looking at over 150,000 people. These three counties intersect and sort of operate as the same area. For instance I live in one of these counties, my sibling in the other but we’re only a 15 minute drive from each other and see each other all of the time.

MOO this incident is unrelated to AQ and not to speculate but IMO most of the crime that occurs up here is drug related. We have an overwhelming meth and heroin problem and it doesn’t get talked about because we’re a tourist destination. Almost every crime we discuss on here regarding this area is going to stem from dug consumption or distribution. Again MOO as someone who is local.

Edited to add, taking a drive and randomly discovering a body isn’t all that suspicious up here. People go for drives for fun, and also because that area is not walkable. We are a bored, gutsy and hardy crowd up here. Our winters are 9 months and we’re suspicious of everything, always, MOO.
Thank you for your local insight. I briefly lived in metro Detroit a few years ago and we vacationed in Traverse City area. I would never describe that area as high crime. Yes there is crime but mostly drug related is what I would have guessed, and I just cannot imagine that finding a dead body out there is the norm. I think it’s probably kind of the same as where I live in the Texas Hill Country—nice, rural(ish) area but with pockets of meth houses etc. I think a lot of rural areas have that. But dead bodies being dumped in fields? NO WAY! That’s crazy and although I agree with you that it’s probably not related to Adrienne’s disappearance, I find it a crazy coincidence.

What are the odds they’ve been searching around a cabin for a missing woman reportedly in a shootout (possibly shooting someone) and another dead woman turns up in a field 15 miles from cabin. It’s wild IMO.

Last edited:
Thank you for your local insight. I briefly lived in metro Detroit a few years ago and we vacationed in Traverse City area. I would never describe that area as high crime. Yes there is crime but mostly drug related is what I would have guessed, and I just cannot imagine that finding a dead body out there is the norm. I think it’s probably kind of the same as where I live in the Texas a Hill Country—nice, rural(ish) area but with pockets of meth houses etc. I think a lot of rural areas have that. But dead bodies being dumped in fields? NO WAY! That’s crazy and although I agree with you that it’s probably not related to Adrienne’s disappearance, I find it a crazy coincidence.

What are the odds they’ve been searching around a cabin for a missing woman reportedly in a shootout (possibly shooting someone) and another dead woman turns up in a field 15 miles from cabin. It’s wild IMO.
MOO- I agree, Wild! Usually UIDs turn up in downtown Traverse (overdoses, environmental factors), not in the rural areas. Rural UIDs are almost always death by suicide. This is definitely strange, especially when you factor in AQ’s case. But IMO it’s our area’s secrets starting to seep our into the light of day :( OF COURSE whatever has happened in both cases is tragic no matter what is or isn’t involved. There are family and friends aching for answers and LE has a lot on their plate currently.

Edited for clarity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back