TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin Police Press Release
Adding link:

MISSING ADULT AND BABY | AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin

Case Number: 19-3461485
Location of Call for Service: 744 West William Cannon

The Austin Police Department Missing Persons Unit requests assistance in locating the following Missing Persons:

Heidi Broussard (Mother)
White Adult Female
(33 years old)
5’3” 150 pounds
Long, dark hair with highlights
Unknown clothing

Margot Carey (Daughter)
White Infant Female
(2 weeks old)
7 pounds 7 ounces, 22 inches
Unknown clothing

Last seen dropping off a child at Cowan Elementary School (2817 Kentish Drive) on 12/12/2019 at approximately 7:30 a.m. Heidi and Margot are believed to have returned to their residence near West William Cannon and South First Street, but have not been seen or heard from since. Please call 911 with any information about the whereabouts of Heidi Broussard or Margot Carey.

6a8534c5-0cb2-4cca-af18-cc6bcafb90f0.jpg
9a3d9d57-24d1-4dd8-9aaf-406b956f833b.jpg
373317d8-5216-46a5-997e-a989ef7e4e42.jpg

I was trying to reply to the poster about checking oil wells....that's more West Texas where those are....probably a few in the area somewhere but we are on the Edward's Aquifer in this area. There are a lot of caves. Karst cave is a big one right down the way from Cowan. But that's one of many!

Austin Police Department released this photo of what HB was last seen wearing when she left the school yesterday
Adding Link:

Austin Police Department on Twitter
Attached is an updated photo of Heidi Broussard from Dec. 12, 2019 at 7:50 a.m. at Cowan Elementary. The clothing pictured is what she is believed to have been wearing when she was last seen. Anyone with information about her and Margot is asked to call 911 immediately.
ELsULGbXkAIkavO.png

2:05 PM - 13 Dec 2019

Brief video of Shane Carey, the father of Heidi’s children, speaking at the link: Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother

ETA:
From the article:
“‘I went to work, and I talked to her around 8 o'clock and that's the last time I talked to her,’ said Shane Carey, the father of Broussard's children. He says both Broussard and their two-week-old daughter Margot were nowhere to be found when he got home at 2 p.m., he then called police.

Friday, we talked to him at a T-Mobile store, where he was trying to get cell phone records -- anything he says to get Heidi and Margot back. ‘If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call,’ Carey pleaded.”
Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother

I am very, very worried about Heidi and Margot.

Last edited:
Bryce Newberry on Twitter
NOW: An @Austin_Police chopper is circling in the area of missing 33yo Heidi Broussard’s apartment. Detectives are still at the apartment. APD also tells us @TPWDnews Game Wardens provided a K9 to help with the case. @KVUE
ELs_KFxXUAEEXoy.jpg

5:13 PM - 13 Dec 2019

Aside from the husband's reportedly finding the "door left wide open" at the apartment, I'm wondering if LE found any signs of a disturbance in the home.

LE really needs to process her vehicle.

The fact that she lives in an apartment complex means that somebody would almost definitely have heard something if there was a violent struggle in the apartment.

The fact that she and the baby vanished in broad daylight is also odd.

This case is a weird one.

JMO.

SABBM:
"I went to work, and I talked to her around 8 o'clock and that's the last time I talked to her," said Shane Carey, the father of Broussard's children. He says both Broussard and their two-week-old daughter Margot were nowhere to be found when he got home at 2 p.m., he then called police.

Friday, we talked to him at a T-Mobile store, where he was trying to get cell phone records -- anything he says to get Heidi and Margot back. "If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call," Carey pleaded.

So, in this article, SC states that he got home at 2 pm to find HB and MC gone and then he called LE.

Other articles note that at 6 pm, the son's school contacted " a family member" to notify them that nobody had picked up the other child and that relative (assuming this was SC) then raced over to the school to pick him up and LE was contacted after that.

That's a huge discrepancy.

This should take you directly to the relevant post: Missing Persons Cases Network

Oh, Man.

Rats.

If those comments are true, that doesn't bode well.

If her other child was also missing, I could see her having gone voluntarily missing as being a plausible scenario.

But her older child was dropped off at school.

JMO.

There was a case a few years ago where a young woman (newly married maybe?) disappeared from her apartment complex and it ended up being a neighbor who killed her....I feel like it was in her Jeep....anyone remember this? She had left for work early in the morning and encountered him?

Other than something like that (and why would they take the baby?), I think we can see where this is headed......

SABBM:
"I went to work, and I talked to her around 8 o'clock and that's the last time I talked to her," said Shane Carey, the father of Broussard's children. He says both Broussard and their two-week-old daughter Margot were nowhere to be found when he got home at 2 p.m., he then called police.

Friday, we talked to him at a T-Mobile store, where he was trying to get cell phone records -- anything he says to get Heidi and Margot back. "If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call," Carey pleaded.

So, in this article, SC states that he got home at 2 pm to find HB and MC gone and then he called LE.

Other articles note that at 6 pm, the son's school contacted " a family member" to notify them that nobody had picked up the other child and that relative (assuming this was SC) then raced over to the school to pick him up and LE was contacted after that.

That's a huge discrepancy.
Yes, it is. I'm also wondering if he came home early or if he generally gets home around 2 p.m. because 8am-2pm is not what I'd consider a full work day. MOO

"He says both Broussard and their two-week-old daughter Margot were nowhere to be found when he got home at 2 p.m, he then received a call from Cowan Elementary that Broussard had not picked up their child from school. He says he got his son from school and returned home and Broussard was still not there -- that's when he says he called police."

Yes, it is. I'm also wondering if he came home early or if he generally gets home around 2 p.m. because 8am-2pm is not what I'd consider a full work day. MOO

"He says both Broussard and their two-week-old daughter Margot were nowhere to be found when he got home at 2 p.m, he then received a call from Cowan Elementary that Broussard had not picked up their child from school. He says he got his son from school and returned home and Broussard was still not there -- that's when he says he called police."
That ever-changing timeline is starting to smell.

Even acknowledging that reporters often goof the facts in a rush to be the first with news, there's something wrong about a 6 pm call from the school and his return home at 2. When is he saying the school called him exactly? Because no.

*I need to go read the full articles and snoop around.

Why would he not call the cops at 2 if he came home to their apt door standing wide open?

That's what stinks to me.

I looked up the school hours of Cowan Elementary:

The doors at the drop-off area are unlocked by 7:00 am. Morning assembly begins at 7:30 a.m. and students are encouraged to attend the assembly every morning. Information is shared at morning assembly, and special programs take place. Classroom instruction begins at 7:45 a.m. promptly and ends at 2:45 p.m.

Students who are not picked up by 3:00 will be brought to the office to contact a parent or guardian. YMCA provides after-school care for those parents who cannot pick-up their students by 2:45 p.m.

Source: Cowan Elementary online parent handbook
Cowan Elementary: Parent handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members