TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get a good feeling about this and I personally find the boyfriend's interview odd. I can't put it into words, but the way he says "if you see an awesome mom...". It's like he is trying to convince himself that she is "awesome". It's just weird to me.
I asked my husband if he thought the wording about her being "awesome" was weird or off and he said "No. I would probably say you were amazing if they interviewed me." Some guys actually do say those things when describing a GF/Wife/SO. Mine always introduces me as his "amazing wife". I could see him saying it too but with more tears. My husband is a sensitive, sappy and sweet guy.

IMO if there were even a hint that Heidi was out there with the baby on foot, experiencing PPD or whatever, there would be searches going on, media would be updated nonstop etc, etc. It sounds to me like everyone close to the case already knows what happened.
The dogs were sent to search already. We currently have several missing in the ATX area and media may feel overwhelmed. One case had an update about a missing woman and they thought her partner did it. He was arrested today. This one was just more recent. The search dogs are pretty good. Hoping they can help.

Police searching for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl
Snippets from Shane Carey in the article -
"
"We're all stumped because everything's over here – the car's over here," Shane Carey said. "There's no signs of struggle. There's nothing, no evidence, so we're just trying to piece it together but there really are no pieces."

Shane Carey said he's been with Broussard for nearly a decade and they have two kids together, as well as a third child from his previous marriage.

"I just don't see why no one heard any screams or anything out here so we're trying to put the puzzle pieces together," Shane Carey said. "
"I just want her to come home," he said. "She's amazing. She's missed. She has her whole family here supporting, praying for her to come home, and hopefully that's just – I don't know – somebody to bring her home safe. I don't care, just drop her off."
(He uses present tense and almost seems to be imploring her to come home, like after a major argument. jmo)

He also mentions the family has come into town to be close by.

I asked my husband if he thought the wording about her being "awesome" was weird or off and he said "No. I would probably say you were amazing if they interviewed me." Some guys actually do say those things when describing a GF/Wife/SO. Mine always introduces me as his "amazing wife". I could see him saying it too but with more tears. My husband is a sensitive, sappy and sweet guy.
You're a lucky woman, I'm blessed with an awesome husband too :)

Snippets from Shane Carey in the article -
"
"We're all stumped because everything's over here – the car's over here," Shane Carey said. "There's no signs of struggle. There's nothing, no evidence, so we're just trying to piece it together but there really are no pieces."

Shane Carey said he's been with Broussard for nearly a decade and they have two kids together, as well as a third child from his previous marriage.

"I just don't see why no one heard any screams or anything out here so we're trying to put the puzzle pieces together," Shane Carey said. "
"I just want her to come home," he said. "She's amazing. She's missed. She has her whole family here supporting, praying for her to come home, and hopefully that's just – I don't know – somebody to bring her home safe. I don't care, just drop her off."
(He uses present tense and almost seems to be imploring her to come home, like after a major argument. jmo)

He also mentions the family has come into town to be close by.

Notice the baby is NOT MENTIONED by him. It's all "her" and "she" which to me is distancing oneself. Proving nothing, of course.

On another hand: All new moms mom can be at risk of post- partum psychosis, through no one's fault.

Last edited:
Yup, absolutely, but for purposes of this forum he is yet unnamed and can't be sleuthed. I 100% agree with what everyone is thinking, but we're getting awfully close to the line with the insinuations and we just can't go there yet.
That's what I was trying to point out in my post where I asked if he had been named a POI. I thought maybe WS TOS had changed. That post was about 4 pages back....

this looks 1. taken out of context and/or 2. he is talking about another women being with Heidi....

Do we have any confirmation she was alone ? ( and yes, I understand no other is stated missing with her but the baby) all day? Don't friends still come over for coffee, chit chat, help out a mom with a newborn?

Last edited:

Dec 14, 2019

"I just don't see why no one heard any screams or anything out here so we're trying to put the puzzle pieces together," Shane Carey said.

[..]

Shane Carey said Broussard's family [HB's mom] traveled to Austin from Louisiana for the search.

ETA: video broadcast reported HB's mom was traveling from LA to search for her daughter.

this looks 1. taken out of context and/or 2. he is talking about another women being with Heidi....

Do we have any confirmation she was alone ? ( and yes, I understand no other is missing with her but the baby) all day? Don't friends still come over for coffee , chit chat, help out a mom with a newborn?

"Two beautiful women together" - there is another woman missing with her? Did he see Doorbell video or other camera video of someone with Heidi?

Just like margarita, I, too, am bad about thinking people are innocent when others see that they are not. I like to see the best in everyone I guess.

That being said... do we know if it was stated he got HOME at 2, or if he left work at 2? There’s a lot of days (especially now with the holidays coming up) that I get out at 3 but don’t get home until 5-6-7pm, particularly when my kids have after school activities and won’t be home until later. Is it possible he had errands to run or shopping to do and, while he got out at 2, didn’t go home until after picking up his son at 6 and saw the door and the personal items left behind then for the first time?

ETA/ also referring to the baby as a woman is weird, and making statements solely about his wife coming home is odd.. that being said, it’s normal and common for women to refer to their newborn as an extension of themselves while speaking. “We just had our bottle and now we’re going to lay down for a nap so mommy can take a shower!” He could be speaking for both of them even if only referring to her, as that’s possibly the type of communication he’s been used to and using for the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
"Two beautiful women together" - there is another woman missing with her? Did he see Doorbell video or other camera video of someone with Heidi?
Good thought.
I'm trying exceptionally hard to not get tunnel vision. And that statement just doesn't sit right .

And I am wondering what was in her car? Purse?

Were there groceries- in the car, on the counter? Is Margot breastfed exclusively? With a 2nd kid, most are much more laid back - and tend to have a "go bag/box" in the car with diapers and wipes; not necessarily have a diaper bag slung over their shoulder everywhere they go.

Last edited:
Good thought.
I'm trying exceptionally hard to not get tunnel vision. And that statement just doesn't sit right

Because, IMO, the timing is weird for him to be handing out compliments. It's like a digression. Admittedly, I'm pretty put out that the news hacked up his interview, which isn't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny