TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter Margot Carey were last seen Thursday a 7:30 a.m. when Broussard dropped off another child at Cowan Elementary School. Police believe they returned to their home near West William Cannon Drive and South First Street afterward, but they haven’t been seen since.

Broussard is 33 years old, 5-foot-3, 150 pounds with long, dark hair with highlights.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

Thread Number 1
Thread Number 2

Heidi-and-baby.jpg

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Some of you complain about the rules. First, please DO NOT complain in a thread. It takes away from the discussion and it is against TOS. Please send a private message to a mod if you have a question.

All we ask is you please stay on topic.

The main things that separate Websleuths from all the gossipy sites and Facebook groups is we do not allow gossip, we do not allow posters to accuse just anyone of a crime, no discussion about private people who have not been in mainstream media, no rumors, and there is more but this gives you a good idea.

As far as Heidi's boyfriend you can discuss what he said. You can offer your opinion on what he said as long as you do not accuse him of a crime and you do not say anything mean and nasty.

Here is an example. "HE'S LYING. HE KILLED THEM, HE IS A KILLER WHO NEEDS TO BE PUT AWAY." NO that is not allowed. However, if you want to comment on what he said you can say something along the lines of "I read what he said and I don't believe him and here's why..." Provide a reasonable explanation and you are good to go. Leave out your opinions and your descriptions.

There have been many times where members have come out yelling that someone is guilty and the person turns out to be innocent. When that happens you do damage. You do damage to the person and their family. You also damage Websleuths because we get lumped in with all the other groups who accuse anyone based on nothing and create big problems for law enforcement.

He has not been named a person of interest but he is a big part of the story. We must walk a fine line on Websleuths. Please think before you post.
Thank you
Tricia

FBI can also get involved when a crime is suspected to have crossed state lines.

That reason and if local LE asks FBI for assistance are the two main reasons I typically hear about with FBI involvement. JMO of course.

Ive read that she was also from Lake Charles, LA so maybe thats why the FBI was brought it in so soon?

I have a few questions, and I'm not sure anyone knows the answer...

When did SC notice that the car was unlocked and her purse was in it? Was it at 2pm? or was it at 6pm when he went to pick up the son?

I'm not ready to jump all over SC for not being concerned right away, but knowing some of this info would help. If he noticed at 2pm, he should have been concerned right away. If it wasn't noticed until 6pm or later when he left to pick up the son, then it makes a bit more sense to me.

Why is the FBI involved? In what scenario do they get involved so early in a case? Is it a multiple state thing? Is it a Mexico thing? I have followed quite a few missing persons cases, maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't recall the FBI getting involved within a few days.

Dunno. He states in the interview that he wasn't concerned at first as all was in the house when he got home. I hope that LE in their interviews right afterwards have more nailed down timelines than what the media has 3 days later, as assuming he was interrogated and nailed down at that time. His interview said:

Queued to about 5:40 in video to transcribe.

Everything was like she was home. I mean that's why I thought she was at her friends house, like she walked to apartment complex. The carseat's upstairs, her purse IS upstairs her ID the wallet there's no signs of her taking the baby. She would never leave her car door unlocked, her car door was unlocked. So that's a wierd sign. So um I don't know anything about that. And her purse is inside her car with all the money still inside it, of it, her cards her ID her full purse. The only thing that is gone is her, the baby her keys and her cell phone. Which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40

Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

Which leads me to believe that he is trying to say in the media interview 2 days later confusing info. That he perhaps saw "I wasn't concerned at first as all was in the house when he got home "

vs.

was purse in car that he found AFTERWARDS when he went to pick up his son, and then purse was moved into house and was there during interview 2-3 days later when he and his dad was interviewed by media.

Again, who released these photos that appeared on GMA this am? I don't think LE!

purseandwallet.JPG diaperbag.JPG

I'm 600 posts behind and by the time I catch up, maybe they'll have been found. One can hope.
I do think he's very focused on the money spent for the books. He also mentioned something like, she'd give away her last four dollars. I'm wondering if money is really tight, and she's a poor money manager in his eyes. Maybe he said more to her than what he's saying, and she got upset and left. Maybe, that's what he thought, and that's why he waited so long to start trying to find her. He was waiting to see if she came back. Maybe farfetched, but just a thought. Maybe, in my mind, this is the best scenario and they're somewhere safe. I haven't made up my mind about him. Not sure how I feel about him, but he's not telling the whole story of what happened. The video kind of left me confused.

Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother

SABBM:
"I went to work, and I talked to her around 8 o'clock and that's the last time I talked to her," said Shane Carey, the father of Broussard's children. He says both Broussard and their two-week-old daughter Margot were nowhere to be found when he got home at 2 p.m., he then called police.

Friday, we talked to him at a T-Mobile store, where he was trying to get cell phone records -- anything he says to get Heidi and Margot back. "If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call," Carey pleaded.
============
I'm trying to gather the facts - it looks like the bolded paragraph means he called police when he got home but we know that is not true now.
=========================
Austin police asking for help locating missing mom and two-week-old daughter
Phone interview with Heidi's mom

:24
Reporter: Detectives believe that Heidi returned to her apartment on West William Cannon near South 1st St immediately following the drop-off. Hours later, her mother got a call from Heidi's boyfriend.

Heidi's mother: Shane called me and you know, told me what was going on.

1:00

Reporter: Tammy told us over the phone there was no indication that anything was wrong with Heidi leading up to Thursday morning and she can't think of a single person that would want to hurt her daughter.
============================
Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

ETA:
Updated Dec 14, 2019 at 10:24am
“[SBM]

An Austin Police Department press release says that Broussard, 33, and Carey were last seen around 7:30 a.m. at Cowan Elementary School, located along 2817 Kentish Drive. Broussard was dropping off a child at the school. Police believe that Broussard and Carey returned to their home close to West William Cannon and South First Street.
snipped
Shane Carey, the father of Margot, told CBS Austin that he last spoke to Broussard around 8 a.m. on December 12. Carey said that he returned home from work around 2 p.m. and found that Broussard and his daughter were not there.

Carey says he then received a phone call from Cowan Elementary School to say that the couple’s son had not been picked up. Carey went to pick up his child at the school. When he returned home and Broussard still wasn’t there, Carey called the police. CBS Austin noted that when they spoke to him, Carey was at a T-Mobile store attempted to get Broussard’s cell phone records. Carey told the station, ‘If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call.’
==============================
KXAN reports that authorities said Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter, Margot, likely returned home afterward, at the Club at Summer Valley apartments off of West William Cannon Drive and South First Street, but at some point, disappeared. The apartment complex is around three miles away from the elementary school.

At around 6 p.m., the elementary school contacted the boy’s father, Shane Carey, and said no one picked the child up. Carey, who is also the father of Margot, subsequently contacted 911.

[...]

Heidi Broussard: Mom & baby still missing after mysteriously vanishing from their home in broad daylight
================================
DEC 16, 2019
Search Underway For Missing Mom, Infant
[…]

In addition to the details provided by police, her friends say online that when Broussard’s husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that.

[…]

Police search for missing Texas mother and her newborn girl
[...]

Carey's father, Shane Carey, said when he came home to the apartment around 2 p.m. that same day, nothing seemed out of place.

"Her car… everything's at the house. The baby stuff… everything," he said. "Nothing's gone except her and the baby."

[…]

Woman, newborn reported missing in Texas
[…]

“I love you. Just please come home. We miss you,” said Shane Carey, who is pleading for help finding his newborn daughter Margot and her mother, Heidi Broussard.

[…]

“I went to work, and I talked to her at 8 o’clock, and that’s the last time I talked to her,” Carey said.

[…]

“I went and picked up my son, and she wasn’t home again, so that’s whenever I called police,” he said.
===============================

So far, I'm finding nothing about a dog, a door, etc. but I'm looking
ETA: baby seat and keys
DEC 16, 2019
'Beautiful, Loving' Mother and 2-Week-Old Baby Go Missing in Texas as Fiancé Pleads for Safe Return
[…]

“That’s the worst feeling in the world,” Carey told KTBC. “Not knowing what to do is the hardest part. I don’t know where she’s at, I don’t know if she is suffering. I just want to do more. It feels like we could do more.”

Between tears, Carey described the mother of his baby girl as “beautiful” and “loving,” and called the circumstances surrounding her disappearance “weird.”

[…]

Carey claims he went inside, found the baby’s car seat and Broussard’s keys,
snipped
========================
DEC 16, 2019
Police Search for Missing Texas Mom and Her 2-Week-Old Baby
snipped
[…]

“I just don’t see why no one heard any screams or anything out here so we’re trying to put the puzzle pieces together,” he added.

[…]

Carey said that he has been “going through dumpsters” looking for clues and told CBS Austin he even went to a T-Mobile store in an attempt to retrieve her phone records.
==================
DEC 16, 2019 - Video
Police still searching for missing mom and her newborn daughter from Austin

NBC reports that Heidi's purse was found on the front seat of the car. :38 mark
==================
DEC 16, 2019
FBI, Texas Rangers joining search for missing Austin mother, baby
  • APD plan to give an update on their search on Tues, but Mon evening, KVUE learned that the FBI and Texas Rangers are joining the search.
  • Investigators said they are trying to remain neutral and not jump to any conclusions.
  • They are working the case from two possible angles: that HB left on her own and that they are victims of foul play.
  • LE is scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of HB's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis.
  • Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the apt. complex but also from nearby businesses.
  • They have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence.
  • So far, investigators say they haven't turned up anything that firmly indicates anything one way or another.
  • The entire Homicide Cold Case/Missing Persons Unit of the APD – a total of about 7 investigators – is investigating this case and as of Mon night, they have asked for and gotten help from outside law enforcement as well.

Last edited:
That's a question that concerns me, "Did she really arrive home?" or are LE stating they "believe" she arrived home because that's the tale that's been spun and they're going with it not to raise any flags on what they may know? Gives them time to build their case. Just a thought.
Right?
Idk, but I’ve rewatched the deleted interview several times both muted and non. I just keep noticing the grin that takes over around the 1:54 mark, as he’s recounting the events around 11:00. and I can’t help but feel that time is of significance. Maybe it’s nothing but that is when the grins begins and he seems to need to stop to regain composure...

That's a question that concerns me, "Did she really arrive home?" or are LE stating they "believe" she arrived home because that's the tale that's been spun and they're going with it not to raise any flags on what they may know? Gives them time to build their case. Just a thought.

Really. It appears her belongings made it home. But did H & M?

I'm 600 posts behind and by the time I catch up, maybe they'll have been found. One can hope.
I do think he's very focused on the money spent for the books. He also mentioned something like, she'd give away her last four dollars. I'm wondering if money is really tight, and she's a poor money manager in his eyes. Maybe he said more to her than what he's saying, and she got upset and left. Maybe, that's what he thought, and that's why he waited so long to start trying to find her. He was waiting to see if she came back. Maybe farfetched, but just a thought. Maybe, in my mind, this is the best scenario and they're somewhere safe. I haven't made up my mind about him. Not sure how I feel about him, but he's not telling the whole story of what happened. The video kind of left me confused.

I agree and was coming to type all of that out. He's focused on money 2x in an 11 min interview.

If the b/f indeed went dumpster diving looking for her keys......why? It would be expected his prints would be on her keys so that's not it.
I wonder if they had an argument and she threatened to leave so he threw her keys out so she couldn't leave.
They had just had a new baby, her mom had been staying with them for how long? That could be a stressful time. Her mom leaves, they let out some of their pent up frustrations, she threatens to leave, he throws her keys out and then what?
All hypothetical, of course, but I'm trying to figure out this key thing and him searching the dumpster. Did he find them?
Oh. I didn’t know her mom had been staying with them after the baby. Her mom is probably the A1 witness right now for forensic/FBI psychologists and LE about the emotional climate in that apartment over the past few weeks. No one knows their daughter better than her momma! Hmmm

I read it on FB. As far as Heidi’s mom staying with them, I read she was traveling from LA to TX to assist in search.

Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

@PommyMommy Link quotes comment from family member.
Okay, well just FYI, "I read it on FB" isn't really an acceptable source here.

I'm aware that HB's mother traveled to Austin AFTER her daughter and granddaughter went missing. Where is it said that her mom was staying with them prior to their disappearance? That was my question and I apologize if I wasn't clear.

Where is the aunt's terse statement in the article? Did I miss it? Going for more coffee...

MOO

Last edited:
This is SO infuriating! Which news outlets are we to believe because this is one version I hadn't seen before and it was UPDATED/published only four hours ago on Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

"... Carey says when he got home at 2 p.m., he received a call from the school that Broussard had not picked up his son.
That’s when he says he called police."
Thank you! I took that as he received the call at 2pm. I even double checked if I missed something and he said 6pm. If he received the call at 2pm and he was home by 1:45 or so- his window of opportunity is non existent.

RSMB I have followed quite a few missing persons cases, maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't recall the FBI getting involved within a few days.

IMO, they get involved when the local LE are overwhelmed with missing child/parent etc, and needs for technology (e.g. cell phones for testifying at trial as local LE may not have the experience) and backup are needed if over their heads. I always APPLAUD local LE for asking, and was so happy to see they now are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtDiva