OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have tested the dogs for evidence. Like did a killer touch the dog collar leaving something microscopic? Any human DNA on the dogs? Fibers? Gun residue? It is actually likely the killers touched the dogs, maybe even fed them treats with drugs.

I am sure they tested the dogs for sedatives/drugs. If not sedated it helps prove they knew the dogs, familiar with them.
If sedated, this is a huge clue. Wow, look who breeds dogs, has vet meds, doesn't want to kill dogs, "they wept over dogs."

They are screwed either way.

5 Pets Who Helped Solve Their Owners' Murders
I'm sure the W4 had ready access to all types of veterinary medicines....

ETA - and I'm sure they also knew exactly how to dose and administer them.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:

I figured that out in an old "cold case" about some victims who had high levels of a sedative in their bloodstream, even though they died from gunshot wounds. The prime suspect of the victims' friends was a guy whose family bred and raced horses. I assume people who own large livestock like cattle and horses have access to all kinds of drugs, right?

Absolutivity! RW even had vet meds/dosage etc.. written on her pants.
Billy was even arrested at the horse vets.

To sell registered purebred dogs and horses they need to be vaccinated. If your a bona fide licensed breeder you can get vaccines, like a vet can.

It's way less expensive to buy the medications in bulk and administer them yourself, compared to paying a hefty office visit/home visit fee every time the vet has to inoculate your animals.

So yes, if the Rhoden dogs were drugged it is a definite red flag pointing to Flying W Farms but I don't think the Wagners would take that chance to do that and have suspicion cast on them.

I think they (Jake) were very familiar with the dogs and they are dog whisperers, capable of having that rare combination of expert skills that allowed them to circumvent their interactions with the dogs away from violence, away from drugs.

Not killing the dogs--their pastor:
"they wept over dogs"

Not killing the dogs--LM:
"Somebody had to know them dogs."

The "somebody" is Jake. Jake all the way. Who lived with them and most likely had keys to their houses? Who fed and played with the dogs when he was staying with HR's family?
Well, not GW3 or GW4 or Angela.

This is why Jake wants to have his trial last, 2021, because he is the main person in the murder senario, the person who had the main motive to have it all happen. Let the others pave the way--learn from their mistakes-- so he can improve on his defense.
My Way or the Highway.......

...2 Cents.....Only............

BBM
It may have gone into a R/M BBQ pit with some homemade sauces and such. I'd venture a guess that's what it was being raised for, why waste good hog meat? That or freeze it. That's a lot of meat. jmo.
NO....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:..!!!!!

Last edited:
I figured that out in an old "cold case" about some victims who had high levels of a sedative in their bloodstream, even though they died from gunshot wounds. The prime suspect of the victims' friends was a guy whose family bred and raced horses. I assume people who own large livestock like cattle and horses have access to all kinds of drugs, right?
BBM
YES! My uncle and aunt did for sure have access to vet drugs on their massive dairy farm.

While my single mom worked my sister and I (as kids) spent a part of every summer vacation with this aunt and uncle.

They bought antibiotics, vaccines, and other stuff (medication to help milk production I can't remember what'all) in large quantities and administered them when needed, without the expense of the local vet coming out to the farm.

It is cost prohibited to have a big animal vet come out to your farm every time a cow needs a shot. It costs good money just to have the vet come out to your farm, even when it turns out the vet doesn't have to do anything because what you are already doing is good enough!

Last edited:
I know my vet gave my dog (a chihuahua) pain meds, a sedative to be given at night and two heart meds plus Lasik for a year before he passed. All had to be filled at the drug store. So I am thinking the W's had access to a lot stronger and a lot more sedatives and pain meds for horses.

JMO

BBM
YES! My uncle and aunt did for sure have access to vet drugs on their massive dairy farm.

While my single mom worked my sister and I (as kids) spent a part of every summer vacation with this aunt and uncle.

They bought antibiotics, vaccines, and other stuff (medication to help milk production I can't remember what'all) in large quantities and administered them when needed, without the expense of the local vet coming out to the farm.

It is cost prohibited to have a big animal vet come out to your farm every time a cow needs a shot. It costs good money just to have the vet come out to your farm, even when it turns out the vet doesn't have to do anything at all because what you are already doing is good enough.

if I may ask an off topic question, what do you do with a dead horse?

Last edited:
When I lived in Denver, people used to put them in a truck/trailer and drive them to the rendering plant in the stockyards. Used to see the trucks occasionally on the highway near our office.

I guess it's still there

'Something is dying': Foul odor irks North Denver residents

ETA: It's sort of like recycling.

well that stinks for those residents. ba dum tss. here all week folks...

but that's pretty interesting they're able to use them.

understood. I was just thinking what would be done with such big animals. not really feasible to bury it.
If your 100% serious about this subject then good! Then here is some information:

"While we all want our equine friends to be with us forever, far too often accidents, injuries, and old age take them from us. Unfortunately, many people don’t know what to do with their horse’s body."

Resources :: Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society

Last edited:
if I may ask an off topic question, what do you do with a dead horse?
My friend lost her horse to a cougar attack. Besides her devastation, she had to come up with the money to hire a farmer with a backhoe to not only dig out a spot but also move him with the machine. Not having much funds and to watch him being handled was so much for her to cope with. My point is, you need money to have horses. Often big money. My relative works at the landfill, he says the whole place is the saddest when a horse comes in. It is also one of the most expensive services there.

My friend lost her horse to a cougar attack. Besides her devastation, she had to come up with the money to hire a farmer with a backhoe to not only dig out a spot but also move him with the machine. Not having much funds and to watch him being handled was so much for her to cope with. My point is, you need money to have horses. Often big money. My relative works at the landfill, he says the whole place is the saddest when a horse comes in. It is also one of the most expensive services there.

Awww, so sorry for your friend. And regarding the pets of the deceased Rhodens, a lot of folks felt very badly for all those animals and really hoped they were adopted to good homes. I think Tony Rhoden took in some of them. He and his brother Brady (IIRC) helped take care of the animals for quite a while after the murders, until they could find permanent homes.

Thank you, Betty P. I forgot to say that she also had to find a farm to bury her horse. Her own property was not big enough. Her horse stayed at a neighbor's small farm. She had to find another spot for him in her trauma. Also, my grandparents were horse people. Both had full time jobs. They sometimes needed extra funds and I was amazed at how my gramma would wheel deal, if that's the term. She would buy a beaten down horse at auction, bring it home, treat it great, it would blossom and she would sell it to someone good and make a little bit profit to pay for vet bills and such, farm life is tough but great. Most farmers help each other out. But there are some who become more hardened wheeler dealers.......

Yes, and no. It's according to what your animal needs. I have a large animal with cancer right now and they do not give me anything that I could use to shoot up a human being with. I have another drug that acts as a sedative for high strung horses, the tox screen would see that immediately, and, it doesn't really act as the same on humans. If they were going to do use drugs on them, I'd use a street drug instead. That's just based on experience I've had with farm animals, and dogs, and such.

According to the timeline, it was just after James M was arrested and just before the W's sold their farm and disappeared to AK.

JMO, its possible the agent discovered something hinky in the cell phone/email/messaging records between JM and JW.

LE had been hounding JM since the day of the murders. Per their allegations, their subpoena's of everyone's phone / computer records showed activity between JM and JW the night of the murders. They put trackers on both of their trucks. When JM finds and destroys his, they arrest him. They question him about a text message between him and JW the night of the murders and messages or conversation between JM's wife AM and DR the night of the murders.
One article around then quotes someone saying due to poor cell phone coverage in the area, messages sent often aren't delivered to the other person for hours.

JMO, JM didn't budge on any of that when they questioned him. Perhaps LE then took a closer look at the phone/message records and discovered that JW had been hacking other people's phones, messaging accounts, etc. Then the light bulb turned on and they searched the W's Peterson Rd farm and the other properties.

Another possibility is something found during the searches of the Wagner farms. The turning point in the case seemed to begin with putting the GPS tracker on JM's and JW's trucks, though at that time, I think LE still thought (wrongly) that JM did it. (When all is said and done on this case, I'd still like to know where JM's red truck came from, who gave it to him after the murders and who owned it prior to that.)

ETA: See timeline entry for May 9, 2017

Here's the timeline from that period:

Friday, April 21, 2017

Rhoden family members plead with public for tips to solve murders

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20170...members-plead-for-tips-to-solve-massacre-of-8

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Friday, April 28, 2017
11:35 am
- James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his Peterson Rd. farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of the farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property “a week before the search

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Monday, May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Jake Wagner stopped his activities related to intercepting, wire, oral or electronic communications, per Count 20 of his Indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

May 10, 2017

BCI search at 260 Peterson Rd

May 5 - May 12, 2017

Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, Jacob Wagner and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am - PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept. of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH - farm formerly owned by Wagner's parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter Sophia Rhoden Wagner and daughter of his brother George.

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH - Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J Wagner.

Ibid

Saturday, May 13, 2017

LE team PCSO, BCI) raids Flying W Farms. Franklin County Sheriff's office assists. Franklin County claims their SWAT team accompanied the raid, saying they had an arrest warrant. FCSO later retracts the statement. A neighbor of Flying W Farms who witnessed the vehicle caravan entering and leaving the property is interviewed, claiming there was a SWAT vehicle and an ambulance present.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/news/2017/05/16/rhoden-investigation-intensifies/101759968/

From <https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/media-timeline-no-discussion-pike-co-oh-8-family-members-murdered.306329/page-8>

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Angela Wagner

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct audio interview with Angela Wagner

Wednesday, May 17, 2017
PCSO/BCI conduct audio interview with George Wagner IV.

12 News notes transcript of the interview was provided in JW's discovery.

Jake Wagner appears in court, some evidence turned over to his attorneys

May 18, 2017

BCI searches a Ford Excursion, retrieves items for testing and submitted as evidence

Jan 17, 2019 Discovery list

ETA: Adding a few more dates from the timeline:

June 8, 2017

BCI searches trash at Days Inn, Jackson, OH (presume this hotel where GW3 and family stayed)

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/5zbix3y0ow6tp04l/images/7-f66b74f151.jpg

June 19, 2017

AG DeWine and Sheriff Reader make public appeal for information about Wagner family

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20170...n-about-family-regarding-pike-county-slayings

June ? 2017

Wagner family leaves Ohio to eventually end up living in Kenai, AK
Interesting that other than in this forum I don’t recall reading that a tracker was put on JW’s truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa