OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very deferent than seeing a stranger dead than coming upon family or friends being exacted like the Rhodens family where, and ex specially 16 year child shot 4 times in the head, IMO Mr Reader didn’t take the canceling that is usually offered when people has to deal with the situation and he paid the price, JMO
I have been in Readers shoes I know what it is like to find dead people in horrible way of their time of death.
Johnny, I think you have struck on a very important point.

It's one thing to be in an official capacity and find people unknown to you deceased in a brutal way.

It is a completely different situation to even find distant acquaintances that way.

Let's all just pray for Justice!

I truly believe the facts will speak for themselves at trial.

Last edited:
There is a special on Oxygen in like 45 min everybody. Should be interesting to see what they air considering not much has happened since the last episode.

Thank you!

He got diagnosed w/ diabetes and one month later I had to put him down. He passed away February 18th & I had him cremated. I still think about him daily, he was my son.
Click the link below.
Imgur
P1vOa6E

I am so sorry for your loss! That pain is awful and never really goes away. We just learn to live with it. :(

MOO, those of us who have been around from the start have a great deal of compassion for Reader, and we support him. I don't think you'll find many of us in agreement with you on that count. Again, MOO.

@Loomis124, that reply wasn't meant for you. It was meant in response to the individual(s) who were trashing Reader and not citing sources.

Again, will you please cite the articles? TIA
This subject belongs on the Reader thread but since it keeps coming up over here I am throwing in my 2 Cents because this negative stuff about Reader bugs me.

Reader has never once said in the MSM that the Rhoden investigation caused him to have his current problems.

It was in court documents, not in a MSM interview that said:

Posted Sep 3, 2019 at 3:22 PM
Updated Sep 4, 2019 at 6:34 AM

Suspended Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader had gambling, marital problems, new documents show

"Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader — whose suspension from office was made official Tuesday by the Ohio Supreme Court — admitted to state investigators that he increasingly gambled while he “couldn’t sleep” during the years-long Rhoden homicide investigation, according to newly released court documents."

That is it. Just that one mention from a court document and now people have Reader:
"going all over whining and complaining all the time that the Rhoden investigation caused all his problems."

Not true. For people who dislike Reader they take one thing said in a court document and turn it against him, accusing him of blaming a murder investigation for his problems.
In fact, Reader refused to talk about his problems to the MSM, when asked questions he always said "no comment."

In fact this is the most recent thing he has said about himself in the MSM:

Updated 6:22 p.m. EST Nov. 22, 2019

Ethics charge filed against Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader

"Through a spokesman, Reader stated in a release that he feels “politics do not belong in law enforcement.”

"..In announcing his campaign for re-election — which apparently no law prevents him from seeking, since he has not been convicted of anything — Reader spoke about ill feelings.

“My tenure as Sheriff has ruffled the feathers of those who have long played the good ol’ boys game, when it didn’t matter what you did, only mattered who you knew,” he wrote. “ But when you’ve spent your career chasing down child molesters, rapists, and thieves, you don’t worry too much about ruffling feathers.”

This is not someone who is going around complaining ***********

Last edited:
This subject belongs on the Reader thread but since it keeps coming up over here I am throwing in my 2 Cents because this negative stuff about Reader bugs me.

Reader has never once said in the MSM that the Rhoden investigation caused him to have his current problems.

It was in court documents, not in a MSM interview that said:

Posted Sep 3, 2019 at 3:22 PM
Updated Sep 4, 2019 at 6:34 AM

Suspended Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader had gambling, marital problems, new documents show

"Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader — whose suspension from office was made official Tuesday by the Ohio Supreme Court — admitted to state investigators that he increasingly gambled while he “couldn’t sleep” during the years-long Rhoden homicide investigation, according to newly released court documents."

That is it. Just that one mention from a court document and now people have Reader:
"going all over whining and complaining all the time that the Rhoden investigation caused all his problems."

Not true. For people who dislike Reader they take one thing said in a court document and turn it against him, accusing him of blaming a murder investigation for his problems.
In fact, Reader refused to talk about his problems to the MSM, when asked questions he always said "no comment."

In fact this is the most recent thing he has said about himself in the MSM:

Updated 6:22 p.m. EST Nov. 22, 2019

Ethics charge filed against Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader

"Through a spokesman, Reader stated in a release that he feels “politics do not belong in law enforcement.”

"..In announcing his campaign for re-election — which apparently no law prevents him from seeking, since he has not been convicted of anything — Reader spoke about ill feelings.

“My tenure as Sheriff has ruffled the feathers of those who have long played the good ol’ boys game, when it didn’t matter what you did, only mattered who you knew,” he wrote. “ But when you’ve spent your career chasing down child molesters, rapists, and thieves, you don’t worry too much about ruffling feathers.”

This is not someone who is going around complaining ***********
I respect your opinion. I think it’s always good to express different opinions.

According to former BCI agent Trout, he claimed to have solved the case with some evidence he discovered in May 2017. While his claim to credit may be inaccurate, it sounds like the turning point was some evidence he discovered in May 2017. That could mean he dug up the evidence on his own or he found something in evidence that had already been gathered via search warrant.

Rhoden murder case supervisor resigns before demotion for "unprofessionalism"

It probably took a while to go through all the digital evidence - phone calls, texts, emails, audio, video, photos, etc. Once BCI gathered the evidence, they had to send some of it off to experts to process.

Reader may have also been concerned that the killers would come back to the crime scenes to plant false evidence and falsely incriminate someone else. There were rumors out there and it's assumed LE found people creeping around the crime scenes after the murders.
May 2017....does that coincide with W's coming back to Ohio with JW's wife?

Agreed. Besides, these aren't intelligent people. These aren't brave, daring people. These are backwoods idiots. It took 4 to 6 of them scheming together to kill this family. Like spineless cowards. Hiding. Sneaking. In the dark. None of them alone have the brain power to do anything. They only operate as one sick unit. Right now, it's like a machine that's been broken down. Arm here, one arm there, legs, head, torso. All in different locations. None function without all of the other twisted parts. Together they are just one huge snake in the grass. They will never be whole again.

That is a perfect analogy they are not whole without each other and cannot function in normal society on their own.

May 2017 had the 3 searches:
Peterson Rd, Flying W Farms, and 2 Wagner trailers (plus 1 utility trailer they took) holding household goods stored at a business, and LE did alot of interviews with the Wagners that month. Then they arrived in Alaska in June, their Kenai neighbor saw them moving in in June.

It was approximately May 2018 when the Wagners came back to Ohio, mentioned in MSM and by a local gas station owner who saw them coming to her business for gas, cigarettes, and subway sandwiches, many times during the 6 months prior to their arrests in November 2018.

There was an incident report taken out for Jake's "wife" so maybe she came back to Ohio, had problems with Jake, then filed a report and left. She is still a mystery but she is mentioned in the discovery so she is not a "fake" person...2 Cents...

Last edited:

According to the timeline, it was just after James M was arrested and just before the W's sold their farm and disappeared to AK.

JMO, its possible the agent discovered something hinky in the cell phone/email/messaging records between JM and JW.

LE had been hounding JM since the day of the murders. Per their allegations, their subpoena's of everyone's phone / computer records showed activity between JM and JW the night of the murders. They put trackers on both of their trucks. When JM finds and destroys his, they arrest him. They question him about a text message between him and JW the night of the murders and messages or conversation between JM's wife AM and DR the night of the murders.
One article around then quotes someone saying due to poor cell phone coverage in the area, messages sent often aren't delivered to the other person for hours.

JMO, JM didn't budge on any of that when they questioned him. Perhaps LE then took a closer look at the phone/message records and discovered that JW had been hacking other people's phones, messaging accounts, etc. Then the light bulb turned on and they searched the W's Peterson Rd farm and the other properties.

Another possibility is something found during the searches of the Wagner farms. The turning point in the case seemed to begin with putting the GPS tracker on JM's and JW's trucks, though at that time, I think LE still thought (wrongly) that JM did it. (When all is said and done on this case, I'd still like to know where JM's red truck came from, who gave it to him after the murders and who owned it prior to that.)

ETA: See timeline entry for May 9, 2017

Here's the timeline from that period:

Friday, April 21, 2017

Rhoden family members plead with public for tips to solve murders

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20170...members-plead-for-tips-to-solve-massacre-of-8

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Friday, April 28, 2017
11:35 am
- James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his Peterson Rd. farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of the farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property “a week before the search

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Monday, May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Jake Wagner stopped his activities related to intercepting, wire, oral or electronic communications, per Count 20 of his Indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

May 10, 2017

BCI search at 260 Peterson Rd

May 5 - May 12, 2017

Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, Jacob Wagner and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am - PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept. of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH - farm formerly owned by Wagner's parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter Sophia Rhoden Wagner and daughter of his brother George.

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH - Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J Wagner.

Ibid

Saturday, May 13, 2017

LE team PCSO, BCI) raids Flying W Farms. Franklin County Sheriff's office assists. Franklin County claims their SWAT team accompanied the raid, saying they had an arrest warrant. FCSO later retracts the statement. A neighbor of Flying W Farms who witnessed the vehicle caravan entering and leaving the property is interviewed, claiming there was a SWAT vehicle and an ambulance present.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/news/2017/05/16/rhoden-investigation-intensifies/101759968/

From <https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/media-timeline-no-discussion-pike-co-oh-8-family-members-murdered.306329/page-8>

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Angela Wagner

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct audio interview with Angela Wagner

Wednesday, May 17, 2017
PCSO/BCI conduct audio interview with George Wagner IV.

12 News notes transcript of the interview was provided in JW's discovery.

Jake Wagner appears in court, some evidence turned over to his attorneys

May 18, 2017

BCI searches a Ford Excursion, retrieves items for testing and submitted as evidence

Jan 17, 2019 Discovery list

ETA: Adding a few more dates from the timeline:

June 8, 2017

BCI searches trash at Days Inn, Jackson, OH (presume this hotel where GW3 and family stayed)

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/5zbix3y0ow6tp04l/images/7-f66b74f151.jpg

June 19, 2017

AG DeWine and Sheriff Reader make public appeal for information about Wagner family

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20170...n-about-family-regarding-pike-county-slayings

June ? 2017

Wagner family leaves Ohio to eventually end up living in Kenai, AK

Last edited:
As a side note I wonder what happened to that 450# pig that was on Chris's property? I wonder if LE did an autopsy on that pig to make sure no evidence was fed to it. Or collected any refuse (polite term) left by the pig in the days after the murders. As we all know pigs will eat about anything thrown to them.

Same with the hound dogs at Frankie's place. Wonder if they tested their blood for sedatives or collected refuse (again polite term) and tested it for drugs that might have been given to them.

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion?

JMO

As a side note I wonder what happened to that 450# pig that was on Chris's property? I wonder if LE did an autopsy on that pig to make sure no evidence was fed to it. Or collected any refuse (polite term) left by the pig in the days after the murders. As we all know pigs will eat about anything thrown to them.

Same with the hound dogs at Frankie's place. Wonder if they tested their blood for sedatives or collected refuse (again polite term) and tested it for drugs that might have been given to them.

JMO
They would have tested the dogs for evidence. Like did a killer touch the dog collar leaving something microscopic? Any human DNA on the dogs? Fibers? Gun residue? It is actually likely the killers touched the dogs, maybe even fed them treats with drugs.

I am sure they tested the dogs for sedatives/drugs. If not sedated it helps prove they knew the dogs, familiar with them.
If sedated, this is a huge clue. Wow, look who breeds dogs, has vet meds, doesn't want to kill dogs, "they wept over dogs."

They are screwed either way.

5 Pets Who Helped Solve Their Owners' Murders

Last edited:

JMO

BBM
It may have gone into a R/M BBQ pit with some homemade sauces and such. I'd venture a guess that's what it was being raised for, why waste good hog meat? That or freeze it. That's a lot of meat. jmo.

May 2017 had the 3 searches:
Peterson Rd, Flying W Farms, and 2 Wagner trailers (plus 1 utility trailer they took) holding household goods stored at a business, and LE did alot of interviews with the Wagners that month. Then they arrived in Alaska in June, their Kenai neighbor saw them moving in in June.

It was approximately May 2018 when the Wagners came back to Ohio, mentioned in MSM and by a local gas station owner who saw them coming to her business for gas, cigarettes, and subway sandwiches, many times during the 6 months prior to their arrests in November 2018.

There was an incident report taken out for Jake's "wife" so maybe she came back to Ohio, had problems with Jake, then filed a report and left. She is still a mystery but she is mentioned in the discovery so she is not a "fake" person...2 Cents...
I bet George the 4th would give $100.00 for that Subway Sandwich right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert