TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some random thoughts.

LE said all avenues were in play and did not clear anyone as POI.
My instincts have literally saved my life on more than one occasion.
My instinct driven advice has also served my friends very well through the years.

I never once read posts here that would compare to the vile and disgusting accusations I read elsewhere.

My heartfelt prayers and love go out first to Heidi's children as their lives are changed forever at this point. Next my prayers and thoughts go out to her family and other loved ones.

JMHO

I there a name for this disorder?
I have no idea. To this day, I don't know why she lied about it. She ended up having 4 children after the fake pregnancy. She only has the youngest, the 2 oldest live with grandparents, the other one with the father. I think she might have wanted a baby, she seems to only care for her kids when they're on the baby stage so, I don't know if it was just her wanting to have a baby, or if it was something else. But it was horrible.

Much less a three-week-old baby. Babies change so much in just three weeks and probably did not look like a newborn any longer.
Right?! I doubt Margo looked like a day old newborn by the time she took her. Crazy.

I hope everyone in the early threads who had already made up their minds in the first 5 minutes that Heidi's husband was guilty based on their attempts at body language and statement analysis is feeling really confident in their lie detection skills right now. Poor guy just lost his 33-year-old wife and is now forced into the position of being a single dad to a 1-month-old because some selfish *** thought they were entitled to a baby. Can't imagine how he is feeling.
I didn't personally witness people here outright blaming him, but given that the mother is almost always killed and left behind in this type of scenario, and SC's inconsistent statements, it was not a huge leap. Police probably suspected him immediately as well.

I know you weren't talking to me, but I would bet 2 entire threads worth of posts were "sitting on my hands" or outright accusing the husband.
Yes, I know the statistics, but the reason I check Websleuths daily is the rules against assumptions and rumors.

I refuse to accept shame/blame for examining behavior that was suspicious. This is after all, a "discussion" forum. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong in the future. After this, I'll be scrolling & rolling and not addressing posts of this nature, enough said.

Hoping reporters will be allowed in the courtroom for the arraignment, but thinking they won't. Going forward, the DA is going to want to protect the investigation for a successful prosecution. What a turn of events, never imagined this would be the ending. I'm heartbroken for Heidi's loved ones and very thankful Margo is safe.

I'm really perplexed how she pulled this off. It's not like she lived close enough to pull up to her apartment asking Heidi to hop in the car with her because there was an emergency!

Exactly. How did she get Heidi in the car, how was Heidi murdered, when did that take place, was she alone in the abduction/murder? So baffling.

The scenario escapes me - there have been no other arrests, so, for now, it's not clear she had help.

My money is on the fact that LE has evidence via phone records of conversation between Hedi and Megan that showed Megan lured her by making plans to meet up that morning or afternoon. I’m betting they may also have had video footage of Megan’s car and that all of this combined led them to the house in Houston. JMO

How is Texas for releasing documents e.g. arrest warrants etc. Will we have to wait for preliminary hearing to hear how all this went down as to LE investigation?

Googled it....

Arrest, arraignment, indictment, trial: How does Texas' justice system work?

The law requires that the accused be seen by a judge within 48 hours after an arrest. The judge will inform him of the charges he faces and whether there is an affidavit, which is a sworn statement, supporting the charges.

Charges filed

The prosecutor is then required to file charges either through a complaint (used for Class C misdemeanor), information (used for Class A or B misdemeanors) or indictment (used for felonies.)

A note on indictments: Indictments are presented by prosecutors to a 12-person grand jury that then votes whether there is probable cause of the defendant's guilt. Nine votes are required to take the case to trial. If the prosecution does not meet that requirement, no charge is filed, but the prosecution can present its case again to a grand jury.

Arraignment

Once charges are filed, the accused is expected to make an initial court appearance, also known as an arraignment. He or she will be given a copy of the complaint, information or indictment and have the opportunity to have the charges read in open court, enter a plea and request a continuance.

It is common for cases to be granted a continuance to allow the defense team or prosecutor to investigate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa