TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. No doctor visits to see how girlfriend and baby are doing? No attendance at ultrasounds? No bare belly pregnancy progress photos (generational thang) - no. _______________________________
He's old enough to know what pregnancy looks like and to have heard the jokes about morning sickness, cravings, etc.

1 - She's a good actress.
2 - She could get all the progress photos - "Oh, can I have a copy?"

From the article:

[…]

There have been 327 cases of infant abduction in the U.S. since 1964, according to an analysis by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Forty-one of those cases occurred in Texas. In about 12% of cases involving infant abduction, the mother died. In about 18% of all U.S. cases, the children were abducted by a relative, friend or acquaintance.

[…]

According to a 2002 study, violent infant abductors are usually women over 30 who planned the abduction, had a prior relationship with the victim, were confident in their approach, carried a weapon, solicited help from another individual, and were motivated by a need to "cement their relationship with their significant other.”

“Often, the motive is they’re in a relationship and they believe that maybe if they have a kid, that will help sustain the relationship,” said Dr. Sanjay Adhia, a forensic psychiatrist at TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital in Houston.

It’s rare, Adhia said, to see a case where a close friend abducts an infant.

“Usually fetal abductions are done by strangers,” he said. “They’ll put up an ad online to sell something and the pregnant woman will come over.”

[…]

“These women don’t simply want a baby; they need one in order to secure all the rewards and privileges of motherhood,” writes Connecticut psychologist Theresa Porter in her study of cesarean kidnapping. “These women so desired the attention, care and love that society gives pregnant women and new mothers that they were willing to kill to obtain it.”

[...]

Re-posting for anyone who missed this one earlier.

Missing Austin mom found dead, infant daughter alive in Houston-area home, friend arrested
[...]

Caressa Potter, longtime friend of both Broussard and Fieramusca, told KXAN reporter Steffi Lee that she had been in contact with Fieramusca every day since Broussard has been missing. Potter said they talked multiple times a day, and during those calls, Potter said she could hear a baby in the background.

Potter said Fieramusca told her friends and family she also recently gave birth to a baby named Luna Mae, but wouldn’t show any pictures of her.

KXAN has found baby registries under the name Maygen Humphrey with Amazon and Target. Descriptions for both indicate a location as Houston and a due date as Dec. 1, 2019

“Her story wasn’t too far fetched,” Potter said. “She did her research, I feel like — I feel like she really did plan this. She thought about this.”

Potter said Fieramusca used to go by the name Maygen Humphrey, but doesn’t know when she changed her name. She said the three met each other at church camp when they were pre-teens. Potter described Broussard and Fieramusca as “best friends.”

[...]

I’m confused about one part. Do you think she’s talking about when Maygens house was raided here?

“After the story broke, Potter said she was talking to Fieramusca and another friend, and all of a sudden, Fieramusca abruptly said, “I gotta go! I gotta go!” She then hung up and Potter hasn’t heard from her since.”

Why would a woman kill a mother and take her baby? Experts say often it's not maternal envy or a desire for motherhood, but an attempt to hold on to a husband or boyfriend.

Marlen Ochoa-Lopez, 19, was nine months pregnant when she was killed, and the baby was removed from her body and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where he later died.

**(Found Deceased - IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, nine months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019 *Arrest*)

Erika J. Miranda-Alvarezfatally stabbed Carolina Flores and then took her 6-week-old daughter, Shamali Flores.

The Houston-area mother was found lying on the floor of her Greenspoint apartment with multiple stab wounds in her neck and head.

Baby Shamali was later found safe and police say Miranda-Alvarez admitted to taking the victim's cell phone and hospital wristbands from when the baby was born.

**(Found Safe - TX - Shamali Flores, 6 wks, Houston, 19 Dec 2017 *mom found slain* *Arrest*)

Ashleigh Wadewas sentenced to 40 years to life in prison after she cut an unborn baby out of her childhood friend's womb.

Wade had faked a pregnancy to her boyfriend, family and on social media, and when Angelikque Sutton, who was 8 1/2 months pregnant, visited her apartment under the guise of picking up a present, police say Wade stabbed Sutton to death.

A Denver woman was seven months pregnant when she was allegedly lured to the home of Dynel Lane, 34, with a Craigslist ad to buy clothes.

There, police said Lane stabbed Michelle Wilkinsin the abdomen and cut out the unborn baby from her womb. The baby did not survive.
**(GUILTY - CO - Pregnant woman, 26, stabbed, fetus cut from womb died, Longmont, 18 March 2015

Verna McClainshot and killed Kala Golden-Schuchardt who was in the parking lot of her pediatrician's office with her newborn son.

Investigators and McClain's relatives said she had a miscarriage and was desperate to find a baby to pass off as her own to her boyfriend who thought she was pregnant.
**(GUILTY - TX - Kala Golden-Schuchardt, 28, Spring, 17 April 2012)

Looking back: Violence against new moms

Re BBM
Thanks for sharing this. I had never considered that. Even back when one of the horrific "cut out baby and take it" crimes happened in I think Missouri a long time ago, I dont think I ever considered that as a possible motive but it does make sense if someone is desperate to hold onto a BF and/or breadwinner. The person would have to be a little on the "sick head" side of course but the motive does make sense.

Thanks for sharing.

Wouldn't LE have interviewed HB's "best friend," not as a suspect but just as someone who might have information, within a week's time of HB's disappearance?

There was an article posted earlier that said she had been interviewed by LE. I'm curious about this too. Where was the baby? Surely they didn't do a phone interview.

Who's Tim Miller and why does everyone here seem to worship him so? Is he a member here?

I bet he would chuckle at this. Man with faults, yes. Worship him? no.
I've met him and searched with TES twice. There is no one I'd rather have in my corner if my loved one were missing.

Thinking about her taking Heidi and the baby. She had to have a car seat, a carrier or something in the car to put Margo in and how did she restrain Heidi to be able to do this?

I think she could have shoved her in the trunk immediately. Maybe by simply opening the trunk to have her help getting something out of it.

I think it’s possible that she had a weapon, and perhaps made Heidi drive.

Possible. You're usually right.

Still, I lean more towards her having an accomplice. Someone had to hold the baby or put her in a car seat, and they didn't take the car seat from Heidi's car. Even with a gun, it would be hard to hold the baby and keep an eye on Heidi, too. (A mother who has had her baby abducted is no easy target.)

She may have had the front holder that was purchased from her Target registry (link below), though.

(BTW most - or all - of the items on both the Amazon and Target sites appear to me to be unisex. Green, grey - could be boy or girl.)

https://www.target.com/gift-registry/giftgiver?registryId=6360ea89e61e45c691e98818e5fb5d0b&clkid=68dff9f1N22e711eaa11c42010a246c14&lnm=81938&afid=Myregistry LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

Fieramusca, according to Harris County court records, was accused by authorities of taking $5,000 from a vault at an Ace Cash Express location in Humble in August 2018. But prosecutors dismissed the case on Nov. 5 because they reached the conclusion they could not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, court records show.

Fieramusca’s court-appointed attorney in that case, Eric Devlin, said video surveillance from the store that authorities initially said showed Fieramusca putting money into her purse was inconclusive.

“They couldn’t prove she stole it,” Devlin said Friday. “There was no evidence.”

A man who answered the phone at Ace Cash Express on Friday morning confirmed that Fieramusca had been employed at the store.

“She used to work here,” the man said. “That’s really all that we can say.”

Fieramusca was fired after her arrest, Devlin said, adding that he did not develop much of a relationship with his client throughout her case. She did not suffer from any obvious signs of severe mental illness when they discussed the allegations against her, Devlin said. He added that Fieramusca appeared to be pregnant at her court settings.

“I did not detect anything with her,” Devlin said. “She talked to me just fine.”

Fieramusca, according to her LinkedIn, has also worked as a wedding planner at Enchanted Cypress Ballroom in Cypress. An employee who picked up the phone on Friday confirmed Fieramusca was employed there but said she left several years ago.

Austin lawyer Jackie Wood has been appointed to represent Fieramusca in the latest case. Wood did not return a message for comment on Friday.
Woman charged in Heidi Broussard's death linked to Harris County theft case

Wouldn't LE have interviewed HB's "best friend," not as a suspect but just as someone who might have information, within a week's time of HB's disappearance?
I believe they did. I read it this morning but I don't think it made it to the media thread so that makes it a little difficult to find. MOO
Or so she would have alerts on whether or not she was far enough away from the search and whether or not she was suspect.
Welcome to Websleuths, MBADNY! Thanks for joining us. :)

And don't forget poor Bobbie Jo Stinnett (2004). A dog breeder, she advertized her puppies. Some woman pretended to be interested in the dogs, but returned to cut out Bobbie's baby from her womb, killing the mother but not the baby. This was the first case I followed on Websleuths, but there have been so many deaths of pregnant women and I guess to a lesser extent mothers of weeks old babies.
I was going to bring that case up earlier. The killer was Lisa Montgomery and she is on death row. https://www.karisable.com/stinnett.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinaluvschicken