TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace White on Twitter

BREAKING: Heidi Broussard's cause of death was ligature strangulation and manner of death ruled homicide, according to Harris County Medical Examiner's Office #KHOU11

This implies more than one person, to me. Ligature strangulation would need to be done from behind, or by surprise... no? Certainly not while driving a car or standing in a parking lot by oneself.

And then, to move the body afterwards...

Then again, I'm no expert in causes of death.

Last edited:
Grace White on Twitter

BREAKING: Heidi Broussard's cause of death was ligature strangulation and manner of death ruled homicide, according to Harris County Medical Examiner's Office #KHOU11
:*( The level of evil,and amount of time that takes. Poor Heidi, fighting for her life,while probably only thinking about Baby Margo's life.
MOO

#Breaking— Major development in #HeidiBroussard investigation- Harris Co. Medical Examiner determines the 33-year-old mother was strangled to death. So far, no murder charges...while Maygen Humphrey (left) is facing multiple counts of kidnapping. More on
@NBCNightlyNews
5:04 PM · Dec 20, 2019 from Houston, TX
Sam Brock on Twitter
ETA: Just when you thought this couldn’t get any worse ... :(.

I'm open to think she operated alone, personally.

In the cases of previous baby-snatching ('womb raiders' or women who steal newborns from their parents), has there been a case where the man has been fully informed prior to the event, and been involved, or even caused, the killing himself?

To my memory, the closest we've seen is men who knew after the fact and were negligent with the information, not informing LE; those who have been ignorant and seemed to fully believe their partner had been pregnant and given birth, no matter how many clues there were against that; and even those who have been suspicious, but not enough to call LE about the situation.

But I don't remember right now a man and woman both killing a mum for the baby, or a man knowing about the plan and really helping their partner during the actual killing, even if only to restrain/threaten the parent.

Since the grandparents have the 6-y-o son and they are having trouble making ends meet (even buying clothes for him - and it's just before the holidays!) - I hope the word gets out that the best friends of Heidi's parents set up an emergency fundraiser for the family.
Broussard family Personal Emergency Fundraiser

They had NO INSURANCE on her, AFAIK, either.

HB parents aren't on FB, and it sounds like they share a phone between the 2 of them. They aren't folks with much money to handle what is happening to them now.

HB father works every day. If he doesn't work, he doesn't make money -- and he has no benefits.

They have very little cash, no clothes for Silas (guess they can't access apt)... and will need food for him as well.

Sounds like a stressful situation on top of the tremendous grief of losing a child - unimaginable grief.

They will need a lawyer too - no money for that.

Please, share the link above?

Heidi's mom has 2 FB

If she has it, she does not use it, according to the best friends. She's not terribly internet-savvy, and they have raised VERY little so far.

There have been 327 cases of infant abduction in the U.S. since 1964, according to an analysis by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Forty-one of those cases occurred in Texas. In about 12% of all infant abduction cases, the mother died. In about 18% of them, the children were abducted by a relative, friend or acquaintance.

According to a 2002 study, violent infant abductors are usually women over 30 who planned the abduction, had a prior relationship with the victim, were confident in their approach, carried a weapon, solicited help from another individual, and were motivated by a need to “cement their relationship with their significant other.”

“Often, the motive is they’re in a relationship and they believe that maybe if they have a kid, that will help sustain the relationship,” said Dr. Sanjay Adhia, a forensic psychiatrist at TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital in Houston.

“These women don’t simply want a baby; they need one in order to secure all the rewards and privileges of motherhood,” writes Connecticut psychologist Theresa Porter in her study of cesarean kidnapping. “These women so desired the attention, care and love that society gives pregnant women and new mothers that they were willing to kill to obtain it.”

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has tips for expectant parents on how to keep their newborn safe.
HEIDI BROUSSARD CASE: Why would someone take a baby?

When she died will tell so much. I think it was quick and it happened right after she and baby were taken. I am struggling with someone else involved. It makes me wonder if the open door and left items were a set up to appear that a stranger abducted her.

According to posts up thread, she was pregnant herself at the birth of Margo. I haven't seen her own baby's delivery date, just Margo's. Where did Megan go to deliver? Is there a record with the county or state as is normally required, at least in my state it would be. You'd think especially these days a mother would make sure her baby was a documented citizen from birth. I'm genuinely curious as to the paper trail of when "Luna Mae" was supposedly born.
I can't help but be struck by how she renamed sweet Margo (such an endearing name) with Luna Mae. The only "luna-tic" is MF herself! I'm still having a hard time processing what happened here :(

TIMELINE

Thursday, Dec. 12:
Broussard and Carey were reported missing by the Austin Police Department. APD said they were last seen dropping off a child at Cowan Elementary School that morning at around 7:30 a.m.

Police obtained surveillance video which showed Broussard at the school.

Friday, Dec. 13: Broussard's fiancé, Shane Carey, spoke to KVUE via phone, pleading for the public's help in finding Broussard and the baby.

"I don't know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together," Shane Carey said over the phone.

That evening, an Austin police chopper hovered over the apartment complex where they lived in South Austin, near the intersection of William Cannon Drive and South First Street.

Sunday, Dec. 15: In an interview with Good Morning America, Broussard's fiance said he's been with Broussard for nearly a decade and that they have two kids together, as well as a third child from his previous marriage.

"I just don't see why no one heard any screams or anything out here. So we're trying to put the puzzle pieces together," Shane Carey said.

Shane Carey said Broussard's family traveled to Austin from Louisiana for the search.

"I just want her to come home," he said. "She's amazing. She's missed. She has her whole family here supporting, praying for her to come home, and hopefully that's just – I don't know – somebody to bring her home safe. I don't care, just drop her off."

Tuesday, Dec. 17: Austin police hold their first press conference about the case and reveal that the FBI and Texas Rangers joined the case to search for Broussard and Margot Carey.

When APD was asked if they believed the two were still alive, they said at that time they had no reason to believe that Margot nor Broussard was harmed.

APD also addressed that the case did not meet the criterion for an AMBER Alert to be issued.

That night, Broussard's parents spoke with KVUE in an emotional interview, pleading for help finding the two.

“We've just been hoping and praying that they find some clues to my daughter's disappearance,” David Broussard told KVUE on Dec. 17. “I've just been going out in the surrounding area and looking, hoping and just doing a little detective work.”

Friday, Dec. 20: Broussard's body was found at a Harris County home, along with a baby who was alive, according to reports.

The Harris County Medical Examiner's Office said that they found a body in the trunk of a vehicle in Houston.

KVUE confirmed that a Houston woman, who was a "close friend" to Broussard, was charged in connection to her death. She had been plotting to take Broussard's baby.

Officials identified that woman to KVUE as Magen Fieramusca, 33.

Fieramusca pretended to be pregnant at the same time as Broussard, law enforcement sources said.

She is expected to be charged with murder, according to KVUE's sister station KHOU, and will be arraigned in Harris County.

Officials do not believe that Shane Carey was involved in this plot.

Timeline: What we know about Austin mom Heidi Broussard and baby Margot Carey

So with the cause of death being ligature strangulation, I think there’s three possibilities:

Heidi was restrained prior to that being carried out.

Heidi was forced to drive, and her killer strangled her from behind after arriving at the house in Houston.

There’s another suspect, likely a male.
Could be.....

You beat me to the punch.
That was my exact thought when I read cod.
I can't recall reading or hearing about any case of a woman killing another woman by ligature strangulation.
And unfortunately, this means death was not instantaneous.

I wonder what type of ligature was used.

Every aspect of this case is bizarre.

It's such an aberration.

JMO.
Every.Single.Thing. that we know about behavior, psychology, none of it fits this case. Strangulation was one of the LAST options in my mind in terms of likelihood.

And like you said, it isn't instantaneous, often taking several minutes. POOR Heidi oh my can you imagine. I was hoping it would be quick and she wouldn't know what had happened.

CRUEL.

don't know their names offhand but there was another similar case on WS - same motive and it involved two women and a man and one woman was strangling the victim and asked for help from another woman while she was doing it

ETA: quote function not working properly - this was in response to a post upthread

According to posts up thread, she was pregnant herself at the birth of Margo. I haven't seen her own baby's delivery date, just Margo's. Where did Megan go to deliver? Is there a record with the county or state as is normally required, at least in my state it would be. You'd think especially these days a mother would make sure her baby was a documented citizen from birth. I'm genuinely curious as to the paper trail of when "Luna Mae" was supposedly born.

what?

Why is Heidi’s son with her parents vs. his father?
Maybe they are in a better frame of mind to take care of him? People react to things differently and maybe they are better suited to care for him and his needs at the moment. If something happened to me my kids would take a lot of comfort from being with their grandma even though they have a loving dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77