TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundraising in the face of this particular tragedy is something that I very much hope that Ms. Margaret Moore, Travis County District Atty. takes a good hard look at so as to protect the interests of the 2 children of HB for the long term.

People in the US have large hearts and oftentimes deep pockets and so often want to do the right thing to help the children and families involved in tragedies. Sadly, sometimes the money given doesn't have the intended results or reach the intended targets.

IMO the two children of HB will have significant financial needs over a long period of time and its critically important that any funds given in support by well meaning folks reach the intended target.

I think its important to realise in this case that there are 2 families involved, 2 children involved and the overall relationship dynamics between SC and HB were such that the situation could be term 'complicated'!

This makes figuring out how to best support the 2 HB children 'complicated' as well IMO. We learned last night that a longstanding friend of HB's parents is raising money on behalf of her parents so that they can provide for HB son who is in their care. The person doing the fundraising has known HB parents for years and her husband owns the shrimp boat that HB father works on each day as if he doesn't work by all accounts he has no income and as he is self employed he most likely has limited benefits as well and needs support.

MOO
We do have a Victim's compensation fund in Texas, and I hope Silas already has a social worker that can connect those resources.

If she has it, she does not use it, according to the best friends. She's not terribly internet-savvy, and they have raised VERY little so far.

That’s very sad. SC has his dad. But they have the little boy and aren’t from the area so they have to pay for hotels and rental cars. I hope the government can help as well. Anyone in touch with any of the family or friends or who can find someone who can get ahold of them might be able to notify them of the possibility of certain services:

Eligibility for Crime Victims' Compensation Program | Office of the Attorney General

Itvi

It is baffling, I thought he hoped she would show up having been with a friend and having just got off work, which is a physical job, he went and took a nap. But I don’t think it was necessarily wrong for people and especially LE to suspect him until cleared.

Absolutely agree. From initial reports of leaving all things behind and the unlocked vehicle, I believed from the beginning that the newborn was the target, and that SC came home and went to sleep -- believing what he told reporter about thinking HB likely out with a friend that resided in their complex.

I also think SC thought HB would wake him when she got home. To me, it explained why SP never offered any details of what he did between 2 pm to 6 pm when he left the apartment to collect his son from Karate.

I think SC noticed the suspicious details after his nap and that's when panic set in. Also think SP told his dad and the police about the alleged nap but too embarrassed to tell the media and listening wide world.

I can't think of any circumstance where LE would not confirm the alibi and/or story of the partner. In SC's case it would take some time to confirm his story as there was no witness at home to corroborate he was sleeping. Even if cell towers showed his phone at the apartment during those hours it's no proof he did not leave the apartment. I completely support everything police did here in not naming SC as a POI or clearing him.

MOO

Prayers for her family. So glad the baby was found safe.

And, do remember that sometimes, there is an outlier that this crime could have been committed by someone completely not even on the radar of LEO. I remember a case in Montana, of a boy who disappeared, police were positive it was a Mother's BF, turns out it was a child predator, who preyed on children for another several years.
Nathaniel Bar-Jonah - Wikipedia

“... when Magen was telling me all this stuff, seriously I hate to say it, I was really leaning towards that possibly Shane had done something.” - Tim Miller of EquuSearch to Channel 2 Investigates regarding his lengthy call with Magen Fieramusca. More on the @kprc2 news @ 6.

View attachment 221469
Mario Diaz on Twitter
Mario Diaz (@KPRC2Mario) | Twitter
Of course, because that is what she wanted him, and probably anyone she talked with, to think.

Geesh, can't believe that people are still taking jabs at him. He is now a victim. (not directed at you rainynights, just jumping off your post as I'm catching up)

Can anyone link me to anything that says that their son is in the custody of the grandparents? Can anyone link me to a criminal record showing a history of DV?

Early on when Shane was doing interviews he said the son was with 'family', didn't even specify which family or who. He was just trying to keep him away from everything that was going on (probably a good call on his part IMO) I have not read or heard anything since then, so I'm not going to assume that he hasn't had his son since last Thursday. I would like to see a link if this is the case.

MF would have killed her sooner, if Tammy had not been staying with her and baby Margot. I have seen it all over the news today. Very little coverage around here before she was found.
She was probably getting desperate, do guys these days really not know the difference between a newborn and a 2 week old baby? Since apparently the house was his, and she was living there for what, a year and a half IIRC(?), she may have realized that her azz could be out on the street unless she got the baby to "tie them together".

I know we have records of police contacts with the couple at the apartment but was there any CPS contact prior to the baby being picked up at MF’s home? Otherwise, I am not sure how CPS would have any say at all about what happens to Silas.

CPS is not my area of expertise so I’m happy to be educated here. Could mom being missing/murdered by a non-family allow them to come in and determine custody of Silas?

Imo.

It could if they determine that as a result of his mother’s demise the child is without a parent who can adequately care for the child.

Also, has his parentage been established there in the state either via court action or voluntary declaration of paternity? Because unless it has been an unmarried father has no rights to his kid in Texas.

In any event, it appears the child is being well cared for now and it looks like at least he has several grandparents who can and have been involved.

I feel like placing Margo in foster care would be absurd after what the poor bairn has been through in her short life. Please let CPS let her be with her dad or grandparents, let her be able to bond with her real family and be safe and loved. :( It's physically hurting my chest to imagine little Margo being placed in foster care and moved from pillar to post. That baby girl needs her family, to be safe and have stability. :(

I think Skylea Carmack's stepmother also killed her like that. The poor kid was found with a pair of her own pants around her neck.

Luna is a pretty name, probably became somewhat trendy since John Legend and Chrissy Teigen named their girl Luna.

I was just asking myself that. Weren't Heidi's parents living in Georgia or Louisiana? It would make more sense for Silas to go spend some time with Shane's father, I believe he lives in Texas.

What? No...
Why wouldn't Shane's son remain with him? Shane's father lives in Austin. Where is the info reporting that the babys name was changed? I missed that. I think it's good the Christmas break is here. A time for the little boy to be with his dad and family. tia

She was probably getting desperate, do guys these days really not know the difference between a newborn and a 2 week old baby? Since apparently the house was his, and she was living there for what, a year and a half IIRC(?), she may have realized that her azz could be out on the street unless she got the baby to "tie them together".
That’s one of the motivations apparently — to tie a man down.

Regarding a neighbour hearing an argument after 1pm:

-We know Heidi's phone went straight to voicemail when Shane tried to call at 1:40pm and that she had already been taken when he got home at 2pm.

-The neighbour said he heard a muffled argument after 1pm.

Is it possible that the argument was between Heidi and MF (can't even bring myself to use her name) because Heidi had picked up her phone and been about to try and message or call Shane, but MF then grabbed the phone from Heidi and turned it off? It could have even happened literally as Shane was calling Heidi at 1:40pm but MF had hold of the phone and declined the call immediately and then turned off the phone.

All just MOO but I'm pretty convinced that if a neighbour heard an argument after 1pm then it must have been between Heidi and MF.
Still trying to figure out the front door wide open, car unlocked and purse in the car. Was Heidi trying to escape?

“Let’s look the complete opposite direction of what is most likely, because we don’t want to be judgmental.”

Or something.

That sounds like a good recipe for sleuthing people not named by MSM in an effort to find something to talk about, and annoying everyone that way. I mean, we weren't hearing about any of the friends' names; thus sleuthing them a no-go.

I wonder if MF was even living with her boyfriend? I find it incredibly hard for a man to live with a woman and not know she's faking a pregnancy. This makes me think they may not be living together and she created the pregnancy and baby to try and get him back or something like that.

But when I look at her crazy eyes in the first mugshot I think she’s capable of anything with crazy strength coursing through her body.

It is hard to understand though. How could she strangle another woman to death? How physically did she accomplish that? And where? And how did she move a body around without anyone being able to see her? That was one of my reasons for thinking baby snatching was lower on the list of possibilities. Because that typically (though not always) involves a lone woman.

Although in the Greywind case that was a couple. Right? And in the Marlen Ochoa case was it two or three family members involved? (One of whom recently had her own baby while incarcerated!)

But either way, how do they grab her and kill her and put her in a car or disable her enough to get her in a car with no one noticing?

All I can hope is that it was super quick and she didn’t know what was happening.

You've perfectly put all of my questions in to that post. I wonder all the same things. Mainly, how did she get the body to the vehicle without anyone noticing. Heidi's father said she was a fighter, and I believe it especially since she had a nearly newborn baby to protect.. I'd think she would've gone in to mama bear mode and fought like hell and there would be signs of struggle, someone would hear screaming, maybe baby crying out of fear, something... unless Heidi was completely caught off guard, but that also raises questions. Was Megan stalking her and waiting for a perfect moment to strike? Did Heidi even know Megan was in town? Did Heidi willingly meet up with Megan? If M was working alone, she would have had to drag the body from wherever the death occurred out to the vehicle, and then heaved it in to the trunk. If this was all done at that apartment complex, it seems almost impossible that not one person witnessed anything, but it appears that way at this point unless LE is just withholding that information for now. I also wonder where Margot was during all of this.

Last edited:
According to posts up thread, she was pregnant herself at the birth of Margo. I haven't seen her own baby's delivery date, just Margo's. Where did Megan go to deliver? Is there a record with the county or state as is normally required, at least in my state it would be. You'd think especially these days a mother would make sure her baby was a documented citizen from birth. I'm genuinely curious as to the paper trail of when "Luna Mae" was supposedly born.

I’m betting she doesn’t have one. “Look honey! Here’s your baby! I just went into labor real quick and went to a birthing center!”

“Oh my gosh! Uh, really? Are you okay? Should we call your family to come help? How much does she weigh? She looks pretty big!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix