***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any kind of link for TS’s friend and business associate Lenka S ? Or what day she testified? I heard her police interview... but did she testify at the trial? I can’t find it. TIA !

Does anyone have any kind of link for TS’s friend and business associate Lenka S ? Or what day she testified? I heard her police interview... but did she testify at the trial? I can’t find it. TIA !

Oops, I posted the answer in the wrong thread. It's over here on this thread.

She was never on the stand.

Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Not sure if this is the full Spencer hearing, but it looks like it has been moved to 3rd Jan.
View attachment 220528
Docket #563
https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search

I have called and confirmed that this case for the Spencer hearing has been moved to January 3rd. As I mentioned upthread, they are REQUIRED to have within 30 days, or the death penalty option goes POOF, and he MUST get life if they don't meet the requirement. (I posted statute previously which stated such)

Therefore, I guess they are realizing, and stated to me on the phone such, that in case something happens to delay, they don't want to schedule on the 30th day from judge's death sentence ( as it was with the original date that they had set.)

January 3rd 8:30 is confirmed by my calling State Attorney offices and being transferred to homicide person Er*n Le* as to the Spencer hearing.

Great catch LegallyBland, media may pick up soon but you are #1!

I hope folks don't miss out as to not checking thread until the original date.

I hate that her family has to interrupt their lives so much for all of this. SMH

Last edited:
https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search

15-CF-000673-B : State of Florida vs Sievers, Mark D

Date Hearing Time Location
01/09/2020 Sentencing - Kyle, Bruce E 8:30 AM Courtroom 8-A
01/03/2020 Motions - Kyle, Bruce E 8:30 AM Courtroom 8-A

Thanks SeeSeas

The downside of all of this is what we discuss often on threads, the family has so many "extra" hearings to attend, if they choose, when death penalty happens. For a very long time. And this is just the start. Two dates now for them to come to, if they choose to do such. I wish the judge would possibly just do it all on the 3rd.

Geez... I forgot to click on "watch thread" - and have a bunch to read here.

Thanks for the update on the Spencer hearing & his sentencing date! Much appreciated!
animated-smileys-christmas-127.gif

Thanks SeeSeas

The downside of all of this is what we discuss often on threads, the family has so many "extra" hearings to attend, if they choose, when death penalty happens. For a very long time. And this is just the start. Two dates now for them to come to, if they choose to do such. I wish the judge would possibly just do it all on the 3rd.
JMO, but I think they are ok with all of the hearings. They received justice last week!

Can't they send representatives, letters, or emails? I'm sure they don't mind showing up to remind him, "No, Mark. You did NOT get away with it!" And a few other choice statements. This demon has inflicted an eternity of pain and anguish on this wonderful close-knit family. May Justice be relentless.

Can't they send representatives, letters, or emails? I'm sure they don't mind showing up to remind him, "No, Mark. You did NOT get away with it!" And a few other choice statements. This demon has inflicted an eternity of pain and anguish on this wonderful close-knit family. May Justice be relentless.

I just can't imagine being in their shoes and what I would do.

At some time, I would think I would want to just think/say (In my best Mr. Wonderful tone from Shark Tank when he is fed up and who he deems inconsequential saying he'll never think of them again).....

"Mark, you are dead to me"

I mentioned up thread about MS being a monster for "suggesting" anyone walking out of the office building with Teresa would be "collateral damage. For this reason alone...the willingness to kill anyone who happened to even be in the area or run to her assistance..OMG...a monster!! (Isn't that what a terrorist does? He kills innocent people and writes them off/discards the precious lives of others as collateral damage.) My friend was killed (almost 40 years ago) by a recently released convict who received his "marching orders" from another man he spent time with in prison. My friend and his co-worker (another young, precious and beautiful person) were "just collateral damage."
I am hoping MS will get DP (whether or not he is ever executed) because he will be kept away from prison "short timers." Obviously MS has no problem "affiliating with" and manipulating ex-cons into doing his bidding.... that makes him very dangerous in a "general population" environment, in my opinion. I think/feel MS was the one who requested Cww "get roughed-up" before he testified in court. Florida, after the attack, was very smart to isolate Cww until the trial.
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE MS'S ABILITY TO MANIPULATE OTHERS

Here's a long comparison of death and lwop, kind of dated (2011), but gives one an idea of the differences.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/rpt/2011-R-0178.htm
If anyone finds one for the state of Florida, please post.

OMG! What a bunch of coddled entitled babies! The rules and care of that environment, sound better than what most elderly disabled veterans receive in long term care at the VA hospital! Think about that.

OMG! What a bunch of coddled entitled babies! The rules and care of that environment, sound better than what most elderly disabled veterans receive in long term care at the VA hospital! Think about that.

Thats Connecticut.. not Florida. Not quite the same... Florida prisons can get nasty... no AC and HOT. In addition, lot of old country rednecks in some of these prisons that don't put up with Pansy boys like Mark.

Thats Connecticut.. not Florida. Not quite the same... Florida prisons can get nasty... no AC and HOT. In addition, lot of old country rednecks in some of these prisons that don't put up with Pansy boys like Mark.

Death Row -- Florida Department of Corrections

Not quite as "coddled", but still have many more rights than their victims had. But, true, death penalty in Connecticut looks like a much better deal.

Friday, January 3rd:
*Spencer Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – for *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 11/12/19 with jury selection, opening statements started on 11/20. Trial expected to last 5 weeks. Jury: 9 women & 3 men, with 2 alternates (1 is a man). Trial ended on 12/4/19 with closing arguments & jury started deliberations. Deliberations took about 4 hours 10 minutes – GUILTY of 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. 12/10/19: Jury took less than 3 hours to reach a verdict in the penalty phase – recommended a death penalty sentence.
12/10/19 Update: A Spencer Hearing is an opportunity for attorneys to present additional evidence to the judge before a sentence is entered. The judge will make a final decision on Sievers' sentence at this hearing. Spencer hearing is scheduled for Jan. 9th. 12/13/19 Update: Spencer hearing has been moved to 1/3/20. Spencer hearing is an opportunity to convince the trial judge to override the recommendation of Death put forth by the jury. And sentencing is scheduled for 1/9/20.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentenced on 12/12. Motion for new trial-denied. 12/12/19: Sentenced to life without parole.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2 has been continued to 2/10/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah