TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn’t dad automatically be given custody if dna results match? Bio parents who lived with the parent who died should not have to jump through hoops when they did nothing wrong.
We need more patience at WS , I guess.
Does seem like it's taken too long.

In the Savannah Greywind case the young dad's daughter was held in foster care for (I think) two weeks ?

I think the reason she's not been put back into Shane's care is because of that other guy coming out of the woodwork saying that Margo is his. It made the whole thing complicated and now they can't just place her back with Shane until they find out for 100% certain that he's Margo's father. Per MSM they said another guy is claiming to be the Dad so I really think that complicated it and I feel for Shane a lot.
DNA test should have been completed by now.

Once they found and confirmed that it was HB, deceased, I had to step away, absolutely heartbreaking. I wanted to come back to say this,

I think SC made a huge sacrifice for his family the day he did those interview, probably knowing he would be a target. It seems like LE was on top of things from the start, and the reason SC's interviews come across deceptive is because he couldn't say what LE had already told him.

Because of SC taking the brunt of negative public opinion, it created a sense of safety for the perpetrator, which ultimately led to the safe recovery of baby M.

Cards were played right, and it saved baby M. SC is her hero, in addition to all the agencies involved.

That baby needs to get out of the hands of CPS urgently. How long does a DNA test take? Not long.
Maybe it's complicated? Maybe not. Patience! CPS cannot risk making any mistakes.
I think the reason she's not been put back into Shane's care is because of that other guy coming out of the woodwork saying that Margo is his. It made the whole thing complicated and now they can't just place her back with Shane until they find out for 100% certain that he's Margo's father. Per MSM they said another guy is claiming to be the Dad so I really think that complicated it and I feel for Shane a lot.
I don't think he's claiming to BE the father but that he MAY be the father. Big difference.

Why wouldn’t dad automatically be given custody if dna results match? Bio parents who lived with the parent who died should not have to jump through hoops when they did nothing wrong.
I'm wondering if he ever had issues in his past, maybe with his daughter, of CPS being involved?

Or.....maybe the baby really isn't his.

What else could be the hold up in giving him his daughter back? Unless, as LE stated in another article just posted last page- that they might not have Heidi's killer, hence why Megyn has not been charged just yet. Maybe they are trying to rule out other potential suspects, to which have ties to the baby, so to speak.

I'm worried about that baby! She does NOT belong to the state, no matter what some CPS worker thinks.

I agree. I do not care that some loser comes out of the woodwork and claims paternity. There is no legal ground to refuse to return a child to their legal parents because some random dude says he might be the dad. It seems like a serious abuse of power to decide they need to DNA test and determine paternity and then make sure they have what they need to take care of her. Um, why? They didn't do that with her or any other baby who left the hospital. Her family doesn't deserve this just because someone decided to murder her mom and steal her. We know her family had nothing to do with it. It makes me sick.

Babies are aware when they are separated from their mom and family. All the latest research shows they know so much more than we'd think. And being separated is traumatizing. This is unnecessary trauma for Margo. She deserves to be with people she knows even if it's not her mom.

Once they found and confirmed that it was HB, deceased, I had to step away, absolutely heartbreaking. I wanted to come back to say this,

I think SC made a huge sacrifice for his family the day he did those interview, probably knowing he would be a target. It seems like LE was on top of things from the start, and the reason SC's interviews come across deceptive is because he couldn't say what LE had already told him.

Because of SC taking the brunt of negative public opinion, it created a sense of safety for the perpetrator, which ultimately led to the safe recovery of baby M.

Cards were played right, and it saved baby M. SC is her hero, in addition to all the agencies involved.
I’d like to think this was the case. I really would. But .....

I don't doubt the exam is complete and now CPS is proceeding to the next steps to place child including background checks, etc of parties seeking custody.

Custody to dad or grandparent's here is not a given.

What will happen to Margot Carey, Heidi Broussard’s newborn daughter?

Yeah I read that and I know that CPS is not to be trusted. Some offices are okay but many have engaged in outright child snatching. A former Georgia state senator was murdered over exposing what was going on with them in her state and others. It's very worrisome. This poor baby is permanently deprived of her mother and is now being deprived of the rest of her family. That's damaging and abusive.

I wonder if the hold up in further charges is due to still Investigating exactly where the murder took place. If they have found it waiting for test results? The timing is bad with the Holidays for expediting results possibly?IMO
I don't believe for one moment that they don't already have those test results.

I agree. I do not care that some loser comes out of the woodwork and claims paternity. There is no legal ground to refuse to return a child to their legal parents because some random dude says he might be the dad. It seems like a serious abuse of power to decide they need to DNA test and determine paternity and then make sure they have what they need to take care of her. Um, why? They didn't do that with her or any other baby who left the hospital. Her family doesn't deserve this just because someone decided to murder her mom and steal her. We know her family had nothing to do with it. It makes me sick.

Babies are aware when they are separated from their mom and family. All the latest research shows they know so much more than we'd think. And being separated is traumatizing. This is unnecessary trauma for Margo. She deserves to be with people she knows even if it's not her mom.
Some loser? What the hell is wrong with you? On the off chance the baby is his, he deserves his child. You have no idea the inner workings of Heidi, Shane, and this other man's lives. Stop spewing hate. He's a family friend by the way, and he is hurting too. And he was going to get paternity results before Heidi even died because he knew it could be his. SC is not the only person in this huge tragic mess who has lost and suffered. BE KIND.

I doubt that anyone's claim of paternity has any bearing on what CPS is doing right now - they have to establish who this child's family is under their guidelines before they place her in the family's custody. Irony over placing her in a stranger's family until they do is allowed, but still - the guidelines are the guidelines, not internet claims of paternity. Their are doing their jobs. Seriously doubt it's influenced by a Facebook post or anything less serious than legitimate inquiries into her and her family's identities.

Oh, and CONSIDERING THIS BABY WAS KIDNAPPED AND HER MOTHER MURDERED, CPS exists for a reason and they are following protocol. My best friend is a foster mom who has taken newborns in emergency placements. Everyone wants reunification and no one is intentionally keeping a baby from their family, but they have to do the right thing for the SAKE OF THE CHILD.

Melissa Correa‏Verified account @KHOUmelissa

LATEST ON ATX ABDUCTION: Baby Margot is still in foster care until DNA results confirm her, parents ID TX ready to ask for temp. custody during Fri. hearing @Austin_Police can't confirm they've caught Heidi Broussard's killer Judge sealed docs for Magen Fieramusca

3:44 PM - 23 Dec 2019

ETA:
Reporting on the custody and/or hearing very scarce today -- no tweets by other major media players.

From the earlier KHOU video report (DEC 20, 2019), there's a standard procedure in place for the placement of Margo beginning with confirming people claiming to be related to baby Margo are indeed related (i.e., SC, TB, etc.):
  • CPS must now determine where Margot should be permanently placed.
  • First, a CPS caseworker must confirm that people claiming to be related to Margot in fact are.
  • Any person seeking custody cannot have any prior involvement with CPS,
  • No criminal record and they must have experience caring for children.
  • Must pass a background check.
If there is no suitable caregiver, the caseworker’s only other option may be to place Margot in foster care.

The CPS investigator will also typically ask the alleged perpetrator for an interview, but that person doesn’t have to agree. If they do, that information could be used as part of the investigation.

12/20/19 Video report explaining the process at the link below.

What will happen to Margot Carey, Heidi Broussard’s newborn daughter?

OK, I have to say it’s a little ridiculous some of these mandates are because if Heidi hadn’t been kidnapped and murdered and Margo taken away, CPS wouldn’t give a rat’s butt if Shane had any kind of criminal record or prior involvement with CPS.

In AZ, they gave my ex son-in-law temp custody of my 14 year old granddaughter when he spent 3 1/2 years in prison, and had prior involvement with CPS. No DNA test was ever performed to see if she was his daughter. IME

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member