OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who all went out to dinner & drinks before he was reported missing? How far away from their home is that? Was that before or after the friends dad sent the boy home?
That seems to stem from speculation on a FB photo posted that no longer seems to exist.

The sober living house doesn’t allow anyone with prior violent or sex related charges.

Drug use in Port Clinton is rampant. Violent crime is high as is property crime & theft. There were several high rank Port Clinton DEA officers recently charged with corruption. A doctor charged in August with 200 illegal narcotic prescriptions. A sex offender running a daycare last year. Aside from great schools, Port Clinton doesn’t have a a lot going for it. This is coming from someone who grew up in the area.

A sober house of vetted applicants seems like the least of worries, IMO!!

It is weird that Chief hasn’t even mentioned local sex offenders or clearing their whereabouts.

We don’t know if police have his cell phone or not. Nor if it’s broken or not. Very conflicting reports on that.
Why would the Police Chief mention local sex offenders unless they had proof that there was some connection?

In other cases that a kid vanished from the street I’ve seen LE do checks / clears on nearby sex offenders to rule them out early on.
That seems odd to me. I’ve never heard of that. Can you cite examples? I’m just curious if this is SOP for LE.

MOO from being here for almost 15 years: the Facebook mobs go crazy listing off and fretting about local sex offenders, so LE is forced to address it.

Exactly. Or just the public in general.

Im struggling to remember this case. There was a young girl who lived on a culdesac and the dogs tracked her scent to the end of the street where it vanished. May have been an Ohio case as well. I know LE in that case cleared RSO’s in the area rather quickly.

(Anyone remember who this was? It’s driving me crazy!)

Im struggling to remember this case. There was a young girl who lived on a culdesac and the dogs tracked her scent to the end of the street where it vanished. May have been an Ohio case as well. I know LE in that case cleared RSO’s in the area rather quickly.

I don't remember that specific case, no. But they do this in every case. Cupcake, Jayme, Mollie, Sierra, Lucas, Abby, Libby, Lizzy, Lyric, Holly, Elizabeth, Destiny, Kyron, Haleigh, Nevaeh...

Taylor Williams too:

Police checked with registered sex offenders in the area, which is standard operating procedure in missing child situations.

I'd be shocked if they haven't questioned the RSO's in Port Clinton. Unless they have some reason to be 1000% sure Harley wasn't abducted or staying with someone else.

I am having a hard time thinking of a case where they did NOT say they checked with RSO's. It's just such a standard thing that they do. When a child goes missing, the cops check in with local RSO's. They know to expect it.

Was it Sierra Lamar?

Still Missing - CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #23 - GUILTY/LWOP

Tracking dogs lost her scent at the end of the driveway of her home on a cul-de-sac, leading investigators to hypothesize she never got much further.

---------------------------------

The law enforcement response has included searching the homes of neighbors, contacting registered sex offenders, interviewing friends and relatives, and stopping drivers who travel the road where Sierra picked up the bus and where her phone and purse were found to ask if they saw anything unusual.

Sierra LaMar: Missing girl, 15, 'is being held against her will', police say | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

@MsFacetious
Dogs tracking a scent to a specific area near a sex offender may make sense as “probable cause” I guess. Checking with all local previous offenders though?

Dogs tracking a scent to a specific area near a sex offender may make sense as “probable cause” I guess. Checking with all local previous offenders though?

All registered sex offenders are checked within a certain radius when someone goes missing. It's totally standard in missing child cases and often in missing women's cases too. I listed many I remembered just above and linked a couple. In almost every case we follow LE notes that they have checked with local sex offenders. It's as expected as checking the spouse, or baby daddy, or parents...

It's just part of being on the registry - probable cause isn't required.

Last edited:
I don't remember that specific case, no. But they do this in every case. Cupcake, Jayme, Mollie, Sierra, Lucas, Abby, Libby, Lizzy, Lyric, Holly, Elizabeth, Destiny, Kyron, Haleigh, Nevaeh...

Taylor Williams too:

Police checked with registered sex offenders in the area, which is standard operating procedure in missing child situations.

I'd be shocked if they haven't questioned the RSO's in Port Clinton. Unless they have some reason to be 1000% sure Harley wasn't abducted or staying with someone else.

I am having a hard time thinking of a case where they did NOT say they checked with RSO's. It's just such a standard thing that they do. When a child goes missing, the cops check in with local RSO's. They know to expect it.

Was it Sierra Lamar?

Still Missing - CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #23 - GUILTY/LWOP

Tracking dogs lost her scent at the end of the driveway of her home on a cul-de-sac, leading investigators to hypothesize she never got much further.

---------------------------------

The law enforcement response has included searching the homes of neighbors, contacting registered sex offenders, interviewing friends and relatives, and stopping drivers who travel the road where Sierra picked up the bus and where her phone and purse were found to ask if they saw anything unusual.

Sierra LaMar: Missing girl, 15, 'is being held against her will', police say | Daily Mail Online

YES! Thank you! I’m way too not awake to have done all of that myself tonight! Lol

All registered sex offenders are checked within a certain radius when someone goes missing. It's totally standard in missing child cases and often in missing women's cases too. I listed many I remembered just above and linked a couple. In almost every case we follow LE notes that they have checked with local sex offenders. It's as expected as checking the spouse, or baby daddy, or parents...

It's just part of being on the registry - probable cause isn't required.
Thanks for the links. Curious. I wasn’t aware it was SOP. Did they turn out to be RSOs in those cases?

Thanks for the links. Curious. I wasn’t aware it was SOP. Did they turn out to be RSOs in those cases?

No, none of those were and it usually isn't. It's just the first line of inquiry, like parents and spouses. It's why some get frustrated when minor things get someone put on the registry. They'd like it reserved for those who are actually dangerous.

The sober living house doesn’t allow anyone with prior violent or sex related charges.

Drug use in Port Clinton is rampant. Violent crime is high as is property crime & theft. There were several high rank Port Clinton DEA officers recently charged with corruption. A doctor charged in August with 200 illegal narcotic prescriptions. A sex offender running a daycare last year. Aside from great schools, Port Clinton doesn’t have a a lot going for it. This is coming from someone who grew up in the area.

A sober house of vetted applicants seems like the least of worries, IMO!!

It is weird that Chief hasn’t even mentioned local sex offenders or clearing their whereabouts.

We don’t know if police have his cell phone or not. Nor if it’s broken or not. Very conflicting reports on that.

It's a shame Port Clinton is having so many problems these days. Drug addiction seems to be a big problem still in many rural and small town areas in Ohio. Port Clinton area also used to have a lot of manufacturing jobs, etc. that all shipped off to Mexico and elsewhere. It's really a shame. Also read the county prosecutor in the county next door is being forced out of his position after being convicted of sexual harassment of women in his office.

AG Yost files complaint seeking removal of Sandusky County prosecutor

It sounds like local LE is getting some outside help.

Was that the little girl raped & murdered by a neighbor? Her parents were “polygamous”?

Last edited:
@MsFacetious
Yes, ALL within the area. Registered sex offenders homes & alibis are checked.

Reminder- not all pedophiles have been caught, convicted and registered. Too many are lurking & committing crimes everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean