OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned LE hasn't posted an update yet today. They usually do by now, just to say no update.

I'm praying and praying.
They did just a few minutes ago. I think it's weird they're asking people not to search..? Is that normal? Isn't it usually a good thing to get as many people as possible out doing coordinated searches?

They did just a few minutes ago. I think it's weird they're asking people not to search..? Is that normal? Isn't it usually a good thing to get as many people as possible out doing coordinated searches?

Since the area is nearly surrounded by water (Lake Erie on one side, Sandusky Bay on the other) maybe they want to discourage people from doing water searches on their own? They're well equipped and experienced to do that kind of search up there. It's been warm so far this season, so the lake hasn't frozen much yet.

Port Clinton Police Department

Harley Dilly Update, Wednesday, January 2nd, 2020

Good Afternoon Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

I continue to ask that you give us a couple more days to complete the searches that we need to accomplish before you begin searching on your own. Please understand that we will be continuing to search for Harley, however I know that you want to assist as well.

Information as of December 31st, 2019;

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

I thought LE stated each day at 3 pm

Port Clinton Police Department
*** REWARD UPDATE, Thursday, January 2nd, 2020 ***

$9.325.00 for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY

On Thursday, January 2nd, 2020, we received a check for $2,200.00 from RadAir Complete Car Care.

On Monday, December 30th, 2019 we received a check for $125.00 from Catawba Island Jewelers.

On Saturday, December 28th, 2019 we received a check for $2,000.00 from the owners and employees of Fisherman’s Wharf and BeYoutiful Hair/Nail Salon.

On Thursday, December 26th, 2019 we received a check for $1,000.00 from Susan & James Waingrow.

We have just been contacted by the Sandusky Co-Founder of Bikers Against Abused And Neglected Children (B.A.A.N.C.), who have graciously committed an additional $2,000.00 to the REWARD regarding information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY...

The Port Clinton Police Department along with Ottawa County Prosecutor, James VanEerten is offering a $2,000.00 REWARD for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY…

HARLEY was last seen on December 20th, 2019 in Port Clinton, Ohio, as Harley was leaving for school between the hours of 6:00am and 7:00am but never arrived. He was last seen wearing glasses, grey sweatpants, a maroon “puffy” jacket, and black tennis shoes. Law enforcement is concerned for his safety.

JMO
Wouldn’t “Mom and Dad love you and want you home with us so we can do things together as a family, go to a movie, your favorite restaurant, etc” be a good post?

I am not a fan of saying I need you to take care of me. It’s not about you. It’s about Harley and telling LE everything so they can bring him home.

Does anyone know if there were cadaver dogs used when doing their initial search?

Yes, there was.

"Hickman said officers from the U.S. Marshal’s office, the State Patrol, the sheriff’s office, Port Clinton fire and EMS and the police department along with agents from the U.S. Border Patrol were in the area near the school and elsewhere searching for Harley. About 12 dogs also are being used in the search, including cadaver dogs, Hickman said. He said searches are concentrating in a 150-acre area southeast of the family home."
Sandusky Register

Hi Linda, per TOS screenshots from social media aren't allowed. We can discuss things posted on the official missing page, though.
What is the official missing page? Can you please link it. I thought the one I was on was official ...? No?

JMO
Wouldn’t “Mom and Dad love you and want you home with us so we can do things together as a family, go to a movie, your favorite restaurant, etc” be a good post?

I am not a fan of saying I need you to take care of me. It’s not about you. It’s about Harley and telling LE everything so they can bring him home.

Right?I need you to hold MY hand and make ME feel better.

I feel for this kid. He had too much on his poor little shoulders.

I can tell she must feel guilty about roadhouse that Friday his disappeared. She keeps stating she'll be home waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose