OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Harley did go to school Thursday. Remember, friends thought they saw him at school 3pm on Friday, but when LE checked into it, it was discovered that the friends actually saw him at the school at 3pm on Thursday. I'm pretty confident LE confirmed he was indeed at school all day Thursday because the surveillance footage they are now asking for, they are requesting after 3pm on Thursday.

Some are:

He has PTSD from prior abuse (per mom)
He was going to see a psychiatrist (per mom)
He regularly left home after a fight and stayed out all night, which is why he wasn't reported missing for 41 hours . They didn't miss him. (Per mom)
Police were called to the house to "calm him down" (per police)

Add to all these, that this info was posted by mom out onto the internet for all to see.

A doctor should be able to verification if he was actually dx'd with ptsd.

One of my students was out of school and in juvie for two weeks. Prior to that the student wore an ankle bracelet while on house arrest. And his "po" was sometimes waiting at the students home after school.

A lot would happen before Harley was sent away for 30 days, unless his parents sent him to boarding school.

The head of Delaware County's Child Abduction Response Team is now assisting other law enforcement agencies in the search for 14-year-old Harley Dilly. Delaware County CART members spent yesterday in Port Clinton sharing information and advice on the search for Dilly, who hasn't been seen since December 20th.
Delaware County CART Helping To Look For Missing Juvenile | 1490 WMRN-AM

Does the Delaware CART team regularly assist in "runaway" cases? I would think they would be supporting if abduction was a strong possibility, but I am unsure of when they are called in to assist. I wonder if LE has new info not shared with the public that changes the nature of their investigation and case. Just speculation on my part.

I am not really sure what to think about what happened to poor Harley. It's been a long time now with no sightings. I just can't believe he could willingly stay hidden on his own for this long.

This is getting crazier by the minute.
Respectfully snipped.
Yes, it is...isn't it? I just read the last three pages of posts, and I don't like what is emerging in this saga AT ALL. There is a ton of noise and deflection. There is alot of mental health information being trumpeted about a little fourteen year old kid who appears to be very smart and sadly wise beyond his years.

This is really starting to smell bad....
I want LE to ignore the circus act this case has become and drag all those adults in for polygraphs. Lets start there.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Actually I believe that what was said was that Harley went to school as usual on Thursday 12/19 and that afternoon/evening he went to his friend's house. He wanted to stay at the friend's house but the friend's parents told him he had to go home; he left for home at about 7pm. I was assuming that LE had verified all of this, I certainly hope so. According to family (Mom) she last saw him Friday 12/20 morning before he left for school on foot.
So the last time he was seen outside of family was Thurs. evening.
I get it that if he'd stayed away all night before at a friend's after a family argument that it was expected he'd done this again.
But to go out on Fri. eve for dinner and not call it in until Sat. 11:50.was weird.
Imo.

Eta : Late Sat. night.
Might as well have been Sun. morning.
Even if he was with friends, wouldn't his family want to know who's house he was staying at ?

Last edited:
Respectfully snipped.
Yes, it is...isn't it? I just read the last three pages of posts, and I don't like what is emerging in this saga AT ALL. There is a ton of noise and deflection. There is alot of mental health information being trumpeted about a little fourteen year old kid who appears to be very smart and sadly wise beyond his years.

This is really starting to smell bad....
I want LE to ignore the circus act this case has become and drag all those adults in for polygraphs. Lets start there.

Amateur opinion and speculation
bbm

Yes, start with family and work outwards.
Just some basic questions about when he was last seen/talked to and what direction he walked to school.
Makes sense to question those closest to Harley first.

There was a guidance counselor mentioned by Harley and I think other adults in his life.
So they'd be next to ask.
Not saying there's a crime. But it's gone on for too long and more action needs to be taken than just a news brief of his face and that he's missing.
MOO

A doctor should be able to verification if he was actually dx'd with ptsd. One of my students was out of school and in juvie for two weeks. Prior to that the student wore an ankle bracelet while on house arrest. And his "po" was sometimes waiting at the students home after school. A lot would happen before Harley was sent away for 30 days, unless his parents sent him to boarding school.

This is a very regional thing.
Some court systems are VERY aggressive with children (and detention centers) under the idea that "scare them while they are young" will deter them from continuing to get in trouble and some aren't. Some systems are way overloaded and utilize things like home arrest and PO officers because they don't have room in their detention centers. It really depends on the court/judge and resources available. That said, it wouldn't be out of the question for a child with a prior incident of assault and removal from a public place to end up in a detention center in this area. I've seen some kids end up in juvie after one assault.

Does the Delaware CART team regularly assist in "runaway" cases? I would think they would be supporting if abduction was a strong possibility, but I am unsure of when they are called in to assist.

They were called in to assist today.
There were helicopters over Catawba today.

Delaware CART team has sonar boats.
MOO ; They're were called in to start searching water tomorrow.

I'm EXTREMELY TROUBLED by some comments left on some of his YT videos and what he said as well. :(

Not claiming to be an online expert by any means but I'm a NFL & MLB fanatic so I obviously spend quite a lot of time there and have seen all kinds of craziness.
With such an array of LE agencies involved my common sense tells me this is bad. I'm totally against youngsters engaging on SM. Very risky for them. Praying for the best.

MOO

Is it just me, or does the person in this grainy picture look like he is wearing a letterman style jacket? The sleeves look lighter that the rest of the jacket. And yes, that does look like snow on the ground. (Also cars parked on the side).

I even questioned whether he was wearing a vest (a puffy vest ?) over a sweatshirt. Hard to tell exactly

They were called in to assist today.
There were helicopters over Catawba today.

Delaware CART team has sonar boats.
MOO ; They're were called in to start searching water tomorrow.
Thanks @bellyup- this is good information! While I don’t like the implications of why the CART team is there, it’s great to know they’re bringing in extra help.

Or wondering if he actually made it home from the friend's house that night. Was he picked up, or did he walk home?
Or wondering if he actually made it home from the friend's house that night. Was he picked up, or did he walk home?

I just rewatched the police briefing from 12/26. Can’t figure out how to link it here. Chief says that the friends dad told Harley to go home around 7 and he was observed on camera doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500