OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the police chief's strong implications that Harley is on the autism spectrum (doesn't warm up to strangers; will probably hide from a stranger searching for him).

I think this was precaution bc the mom said he is autistic. I think if that diagnosis was formal he would have disclosed it in official missing information.

Huh...Delaware? Is this team really successful or known for helping in out of state disappearances or...am I missing something? Forgive my ignorance.

Both Delaware and Shawnee Hills have gone to help. They are close to metro Columbus. A good portion of Cols people maintain a lake home in port Clinton / Catawba as the news mentioned. I don’t think they have any special expertise, but a fresh set of eyes and some are likely very familiar with that area. Lots of small towns in Ohio and help is almost always offered by other districts when it’s serious. My parents live in PC, I’m there all the time and familiar with the area. If he made it to school, Route 2 East-west, was only a couple blocks further south and he’d be long gone. We do have shelters for these kids in Columbus, but nothing up there. If home is bad, the promise of returning home and not in trouble is probably not something he’ll believe and act on. He seems panicked that he’ll be sent to juvie for a month. And, based on a post from mom in 2014 he may have some level of autism but that’s not being mentioned. If the child she mentions in that article is this child, he’s already disadvantaged to deal with life’s troubles and can’t see a way out. Fact is, it’s been too cold here the past 4 days to survive without shelter so where is he???

Huh...Delaware? Is this team really successful or known for helping in out of state disappearances or...am I missing something? Forgive my ignorance.

Both Delaware and Shawnee Hills have gone to help. They are close to metro Columbus. A good portion of Cols people maintain a lake home in port Clinton / Catawba as the news mentioned. I don’t think they have any special expertise, but a fresh set of eyes and some are likely very familiar with that area. Lots of small towns in Ohio and help is almost always offered by other districts when it’s serious. My parents live in PC, I’m there all the time and familiar with the area. If he made it to school, Route 2 East-west, was only a couple blocks further south and he’d be long gone. We do have shelters for these kids in Columbus, but nothing up there. If home is bad, the promise of returning home and not in trouble is probably not something he’ll believe and act on. He seems panicked that he’ll be sent to juvie for a month. And, based on a post from mom in 2014 he may have some level of autism but that’s not being mentioned. If the child she mentions in that article is this child, he’s already disadvantaged to deal with life’s troubles and can’t see a way out. Fact is, it’s been too cold here the past 4 days to survive without shelter so where is he???

Well, that’s interesting. Two weeks and maybe not a runaway now? *sigh*
No kidding.
Why didn't they treat Harley's disappearance with more urgency when he was first reported missing ?
Not to mention how much later it was.

Am I recalling correctly that Harley’s mom said she physically saw him early Friday morning before he left for school?

From the Port Clinton public community page, some parents of Harley’s classmates voicing concerns as their kids told them that Harley was not in classes on Thursday, December 19th. Several stating they called Port Clinton PD to report it.

My opinion only.
bbm
There should be a record of this.
Very concerning; imo.

Per early police briefings, they had verified his presence at his friends house on Thursday night where he was until approximately 7 pm, when that kids parents told Harley to “go home”. I am wondering if they are looking at video evidence of maybe him meeting up with someone the day before he disappeared. Or at least corroborating his whereabouts.

I will say this:

Harley's grandfather is right. Social media is tearing that family apart.

Harley's videos are not ok.
His mom's incessant posting of their issues. Much less in a small town where all the kids pretty much go to the same school.

And upon his disappearance, the general public digging up every little issues for world.

Would you want to reappear?

Per early police briefings, they had verified his presence at his friends house on Thursday night where he was until approximately 7 pm, when that kids parents told Harley to “go home”. I am wondering if they are looking at video evidence of maybe him meeting up with someone the day before he disappeared. Or at least corroborating his whereabouts.

Or wondering if he actually made it home from the friend's house that night. Was he picked up, or did he walk home?

So we’re back to nobody besides family saw this child after he left the friends house at 7 pm on Thursday? I believe the parents said they thought he was staying the night there as that’s what he did when he was upset and -it also didn’t seem like they talk to the other child’s parents when that happens (???) So how would mom see him leave for school Friday morning, if that’s the case? Granted I’m a full fledged helicopter parent but that puzzles me, how you could sleep not knowing where your child went after the argument? An article in the Toledo blade reference a sister now living out of state saying home life is bad....

So what about his mom sending him to school on the 20th,and the video surveillance from that morning?

This is getting crazier by the minute. It was initially reported that Harley was last seen at school on Friday. Who gave the description of what he was last seen wearing?

PORT CLINTON - The Port Clinton Police Department is asking for help from the public to find a missing local teen.

According to a Facebook post shared by the police department on Sunday, the missing teen, Harley Dilly, was last seen at Port Clinton High School wearing maroon puffer jacket on Friday.
Port Clinton teen reported missing

So we’re back to nobody besides family saw this child after he left the friends house at 7 pm on Thursday? I believe the parents said they thought he was staying the night there as that’s what he did when he was upset and -it also didn’t seem like they talk to the other child’s parents when that happens (???) So how would mom see him leave for school Friday morning, if that’s the case? Granted I’m a full fledged helicopter parent but that puzzles me, how you could sleep not knowing where your child went after the argument? An article in the Toledo blade reference a sister now living out of state saying home life is bad....

Actually I believe that what was said was that Harley went to school as usual on Thursday 12/19 and that afternoon/evening he went to his friend's house. He wanted to stay at the friend's house but the friend's parents told him he had to go home; he left for home at about 7pm. I was assuming that LE had verified all of this, I certainly hope so. According to family (Mom) she last saw him Friday 12/20 morning before he left for school on foot.

So what about his mom sending him to school on the 20th,and the video surveillance from that morning?

I’ve seen some locals (on the PC community page) questioning that video surveillance photo as well. Saying there’s snow on the ground in that photo and they didn't have snow on the ground until after Christmas this year?

JMO

Some are:

He has PTSD from prior abuse (per mom)
He was going to see a psychiatrist (per mom)
He regularly left home after a fight and stayed out all night, which is why he wasn't reported missing for 41 hours . They didn't miss him. (Per mom)
Police were called to the house to "calm him down" (per police)

Add to all these, that this info was posted by mom out onto the internet for all to see.

He was going to see a psychiatrist? As in he was currently under the care of a psychiatrist? Or an appointment for an initial evaluation was already scheduled before he went missing?

If what mom stated is true, LE should be able to confirm.

I can guaranty if he took off for periods of time dcfs would be involved.

Report Child Abuse and Neglect | Office of Families and Children | Ohio Department of Job and Family Services

Teachers are mandatory reporters.

I’m so confused. Has it been stated what day Harley’s phone was taken away?

Edited to answer my own question:
Dilly, 14, was reported missing late in the evening of Dec. 21. He was last seen leaving his home to head to class at Port Clinton High School between 6 and 7 a.m. Dec. 20.

According to police, Dilly never made to school on Friday, as each of his teachers indicated he was absent from their respective classes.

“We’re not sure where Harley is at, because the only thing we’ve got is the photo,” Hickman said, referencing a photograph of Dilly taken in the area of Harley’s residence on East Fifth Street and the Port Clinton High and Middle School campuses between 6 and 7 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20.

Hickman said they believe that is the last time Dilly was seen by the public prior to his disappearance that morning.

Hickman said Dilly’s parents have been cooperating with investigators fully and have been ever since first reporting the disappearance to police on the evening of Dec. 21.

Hickman said it was “not uncommon” for Dilly not to be home on the first night based on past behavior following when there had been a “conflict” at home and that the teen had broken his phone within a week prior to his disappearance.
Port Clinton teen still missing; search covers more than 150 acres

Last edited:
Good question. It’s cold so did mom see him in it or assume he was wearing his only warm coat?

Curious about the students that say he wasn’t in school Thursday.... and why mom didn’t call the school back Friday when she saw a missed call even if no voicemail could be left?

And then Friday they went to Sandusky for dinner no concern where is Harley?

this story is full of holes right now....

I will say this:

Harley's grandfather is right. Social media is tearing that family apart.

Harley's videos are not ok.
His mom's incessant posting of their issues. Much less in a small town where all the kids pretty much go to the same school.

And upon his disappearance, the general public digging up every little issues for world.

Would you want to reappear?

He's a kid and chaos is all he knows. I don't think that's what is keeping him away. Source: I grew up in an extremely dysfunctional (and abusive) home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500