OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transcript of now deleted YouTube video on Harley's channel titled "Im scared..." from October 2018:

"What’s up? It is Harley Dilly. Probably one of the worst day of my life.

So, basically, I, um, was at school and I had a science test and I finished it and my computer says 1% battery left so I get to the next class and I put it on the charger as quick as possible but it didn’t charge. None of the computers would take a charge. So, I took it back and I had to fill out a complaint and that’s one of the most expensive parts of the computer and my mom said she’s not paying anything. That’s when I got home. So then, my mom wanted to go with her to go get a friend and I said “I don’t wanna, I have work to do so I wanna go home and stay.” She said no, we argued for about a good five minutes and then she snapped. She said she was gonna call the police and she said she already did. She said “who do you think that first call was to?” and she said it was the police, but I knew it wasn’t because she wouldn’t do that because I went to my school, I went to talk to my assistant principal because he’s like the only person I can really trust in this. So, I went to talk to him and he told me that my mom never called the police, so she lied to me to get me scared.

She locked me out of the house, so right now I’m outside, the house is locked. Um, it is 3:30pm, I haven’t ate anything and I still haven’t got to get my work done. My mom is gone, she won’t answer the phone. So right now, I’m the only one outside. I got nothin better to do, so what’s the point? So I thought I would stream this because I’m not doing a video of this.

I legit was scared because I thought I was gonna have to go to DH for 30 days because if I get another complaint to the police, I’m going to DH for 30 days. I mean, I’ve already took a YouTube leave, but I’m tryin to do stuff guys. If you knew what was going on in my life…

It’s just been a horrible week. I wish I could cram it all up and throw it in the trash can of eternity and just start writing a new story. But gotta stick with the story until tomorrow.

But not everything has been bad, school has been going great. But now I’m behind in grades. It’s too hard. Basketball is coming up, so. I don’t even know what to do anymore. I just wish I wasn’t outside. I wish I didn’t make all of these decisions.

I literally was balling out in tears because I thought I was about to have to go to the police station. And get taken away for 30 days, missing out on all my friends, my mentor, my teachers, school. I know a lot of people don’t like school but my opinion is school is the only place you can really be during the week, so you should use that time wisely.

I wish I was at my friends but my mom told me if I’m not here when she gets back there will be consequences. So, I’m hoping nothing bad happens. But I’m still going to stay on until my mom gets back. But guys…this is a very serious moment. I’m not even going to ask for likes and subscribes. I just want you guys to wish me good luck because the future could hold bad things for me. And I don’t want to find out what that can mean. That could mean me not going to Washington DC for my field trip. Which by the way, I was going to vlog that whole trip, so if you wanna have that happen…nah, I’m not gonna do it, I’m not gonna do it. I’ll do it at a later date but. I’m just so sad. Christmas is coming up and I’m trying to earn myself an Xbox 1, so I can play Fortnite with my friend James. You remember James, from that basketball video. Yeah.

*long pause and sigh*

You’re not going to see a lot of gameplay of games anymore. I saw those weren’t doing very good, so I stopped. But if you do want me to play a mobile game that you think would be fun to watch, leave a comment down below what you want because I’ll do it.

My mom is calling me, see you guys. Sorry. Bye."
This kid is a master manipulator. Not a drop of naive in him.

It's too much to summarize any issues he was having. At this point you can pick one.

That's a loaded statement. I ask because I work with special needs students. Most of whom have emotional and/or behavioral issues. I have yet to see any evidence that Harley was being treated in an official manner for any emotional or behavioral issues.

I haven't followed closely because I can not get past the 6-7am leave time for a 4 block walk to school.

Alert in text form in addition to screenshot posted above

———-
Port Clinton Police Department
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Nixle Alert, Thursday, January 2nd, 2020

https://ottawacountysheriff.info/services/harley-dilly/

The Port Clinton Police Department is asking for help from citizens who live or have businesses within the city limits. Investigators are requesting that anyone who has security video footage from either home or business forward that footage to;

HarleyDillySurveillanceVideo@gmail.com

or contact the Port Clinton Police Department at (419) 734-3121.

Footage from the following times are needed:

Thursday, December 19th from 3 pm to midnight

Friday, December 20th from midnight to December 21st at midnight

PLEASE SHARE

Chief Hickman

The head of Delaware County's Child Abduction Response Team is now assisting other law enforcement agencies in the search for 14-year-old Harley Dilly. Delaware County CART members spent yesterday in Port Clinton sharing information and advice on the search for Dilly, who hasn't been seen since December 20th.
Delaware County CART Helping To Look For Missing Juvenile | 1490 WMRN-AM

From the transcript of Harley's now deleted Oct 2018 video:

"I literally was balling out in tears because I thought I was about to have to go to the police station. And get taken away for 30 days, missing out on all my friends, my mentor, my teachers, school. I know a lot of people don’t like school but my opinion is school is the only place you can really be during the week, so you should use that time wisely."

BBM

Who was Harley's mentor?

That's a loaded statement. I ask because I work with special needs students. Most of whom have emotional and/or behavioral issues. I have yet to see any evidence that Harley was being treated in an official manner for any emotional or behavioral issues.

I haven't followed closely because I can not get past the 6-7am leave time for a 4 block walk to school.

Some are:

He has PTSD from prior abuse (per mom)
He was going to see a psychiatrist (per mom)
He regularly left home after a fight and stayed out all night, which is why he wasn't reported missing for 41 hours . They didn't miss him. (Per mom)
Police were called to the house to "calm him down" (per police)

Add to all these, that this info was posted by mom out onto the internet for all to see.

Kids that age no matter how savvy they think they are in terms of the world usually are quite naive.
Just speaking to them shows this.

Yes, they can lie and fabricate-- but in Harley's case I think someone might have lured him to his doom. :(
Sorry for feeling so negative about this teen.
Too much time has passed; imo.

The head of Delaware County's Child Abduction Response Team is now assisting other law enforcement agencies in the search for 14-year-old Harley Dilly. Delaware County CART members spent yesterday in Port Clinton sharing information and advice on the search for Dilly, who hasn't been seen since December 20th.

Huh...Delaware? Is this team really successful or known for helping in out of state disappearances or...am I missing something? Forgive my ignorance.

Some are:

He regularly left home after a fight and stayed out all night, which is why he wasn't reported missing for 41 hours . They didn't miss him. (Per mom)

Add to all these, that this info was posted by mom out onto the internet for all to see.

The PTSD alone is a problem. His mom said (in a post somewhere several pages pages in thread) he gas PTSD from abuse when he was young.

You children do not generally exhibit symptoms, they start to manifest about 12 to 14 years old.

Well, that’s interesting. Two weeks and maybe not a runaway now? *sigh*

So I read this like LE are now questioning/ validating where he was on Thursday after school and whether he actually did go To a friends home or left that friends home that night or what his movements actually were on Friday.
Very concerning.

Am I recalling correctly that Harley’s mom said she physically saw him early Friday morning before he left for school?

From the Port Clinton public community page, some parents of Harley’s classmates voicing concerns as their kids told them that Harley was not in classes on Thursday, December 19th. Several stating they called Port Clinton PD to report it.

My opinion only.

Last edited:
Some are:

Don't forget the police chief's strong implications that Harley is on the autism spectrum (doesn't warm up to strangers; will probably hide from a stranger searching for him).

Am I recalling correctly that Harley’s mom said she physically saw him early Friday morning before he left for school?

From the Port Clinton public page, some parents of Harley’s classmates voicing concerns as their kids told them that Harley was not in classes on Thursday, December 19th. Several stating they called Port Clinton PD to report it.

My opinion only.
Wouldn't teachers know if he was there or not,take attendance? Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon