OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the official missing page? Can you please link it. I thought the one I was on was official ...? No?
I was just speaking generally! You may have been on the official page, I was just saying per TOS, no screenshot but you can discuss posts. :)

Harley's mother is still a victim (and TOS is pretty clear on what that means for this discussion). She has clearly made some mistakes, but LE is telling us they have no reason to believe she was involved and they have fully cooperated from the start. Whether she has done wrong or not, she is still missing her child and probably in immense pain. She may not say or post or have done the right things but she still deserves compassion in what is likely an extremely traumatic time IMO. I can't imagine any greater anguish than having no idea what has happened to your child, whether they are alive or dead, whether they are happy or crying somewhere, for this long of a period.

Harley's mother is still a victim (and TOS is pretty clear on what that means for this discussion). She has clearly made some mistakes, but LE is telling us they have no reason to believe she was involved and they have fully cooperated from the start. Whether she has done wrong or not, she is still missing her child and probably in immense pain. She may not say or post or have done the right things but she still deserves compassion in what is likely an extremely traumatic time IMO. I can't imagine any greater anguish than having no idea what has happened to your child, whether they are alive or dead, whether they are happy or crying somewhere, for this long of a period.

Yes, she is. But IF he ran away, her behavior must be taken into consideration. Parents must be held to some accountability.

I feel terrible for her, I do. But I feel worse for Harley. He is the true victim.

Oh, and there is the 41 hour time gap that no one considered this poor boy. I would not only expect crap for this, I would be apologizing over and over.

I haven't read one from her.

Can someone please summarize the problems Harley was having at home? I'm a little confused. I understand needing some time away, but we're there no guidelines under which that happened? Such as where and with whom Harley would stay with when he needed to be away from home?

Another thing I really do not understand is the wide time line for the time he left for school. Who in their right mind has an hour window for leaving for school for a 4 block distance? I have a teenager and I can state what time he leaves for school within a 5 minute window.

I don't know what happened to Harley, but I have a bad feeling about a lack of clear boundaries and expectations for a fourteen year old.

Was it ever stated why he didn't want to go to school on the 20th?

Can someone please summarize the problems Harley was having at home? I'm a little confused. I understand needing some time away, but we're there no guidelines under which that happened? Such as where and with whom Harley would stay with when he needed to be away from home?

Another thing I really do not understand is the wide time line for the time he left for school. Who in their right mind has an hour window for leaving for school for a 4 block distance? I have a teenager and I can state what time he leaves for school within a 5 minute window.

I don't know what happened to Harley, but I have a bad feeling about a lack of clear boundaries and expectations for a fourteen year old.

He didn’t feel well according to mom

It's too much to summarize any issues he was having. At this point you can pick one.

Does anyone know if there were cadaver dogs used when doing their initial search?
On Thursday, officers looked east of Fulton Street, at a range of 150 acres that are both wooded and farmland. The search area was split up into six zones. By 5:30 p.m., law enforcement had cleared all six zones.

The zones were located south and east, away from the school. Hickman said that this is because they have no evidence that Harley set out toward the school that morning. Instead, photos demonstrate Harley heading south from his home.

Police continue to search with the assumption that Harley is alive. Officers are using live-find dogs as well as cadaver dogs to aid in their search.

"Until I hear otherwise, he's scared. He doesn't want to come home because he thinks he's in trouble. Nobody is going to change my mind until I hear otherwise," Hickman said.
Reward for information about missing Port Clinton teen increases to $9,325

Last edited:
Does anyone know if LEO,and the other agencies involved have an advocate for him? To help him. A safe haven. So he doesn't have to fear going to Youth lockup, or help him with any other fears he has? If he's a run away, that tells me he doesn't want to go back. Kids don't run away,especially around the Holidays without certain reason. My heart hurts so much for Harley. What ever he's going through he needs an advocate. I wish there was a safe haven thing for kids like him. Like they have for new born babies. Go to firestation, Hospital, etc.
MOO

Does anyone know if LEO,and the other agencies involved have an advocate for him? To help him. A safe haven. So he doesn't have to fear going to Youth lockup, or help him with any other fears he has? If he's a run away, that tells me he doesn't want to go back. Kids don't run away,especially around the Holidays without certain reason. My heart hurts so much for Harley. What ever he's going through he needs an advocate. I wish there was a safe haven thing for kids like him. Like they have for new born babies. Go to firestation, Hospital, etc.
MOO

Best I can tell he just keeps saying that Harley will not be in trouble and will be getting him back to mom and dad. No one with LE is addressing any issues at home that may have caused him to run.

MOO
Thank you for placing this focus solely on Harley. He needs assurance. I can’t break away from this case. My granddaughter creates TikTok videos here at home with her dog. So I’m really familiar with this age group and their social online interaction. I am really afraid for him. He seems to have tied up his entire personal identity into his videos. He may have felt lost without his device. Like he didn’t know who he was without it. He’s been gone so long.

So I read this like LE are now questioning/ validating where he was on Thursday after school and whether he actually did go To a friends home or left that friends home that night or what his movements actually were on Friday.
Very concerning.

Very concerning to see this almost 2 weeks later but hopefully it means there’s new info they have to work on.

Best I can tell he just keeps saying that Harley will not be in trouble and will be getting him back to mom and dad. No one with LE is addressing any issues at home that may have caused him to run.
Well hmmmm. Do they really think he will trust that. I know my friend I used to help run away wouldn't trust that,and with very good reason. I don't know what his home situation is, but I hope they have an Advocate for him. To be sure.
MOO

Maybe he met up with or spoke to someone on Thursday. I hope new information comes out.
My thoughts were that the actual window between when time he was last seen and time he was subsequently reported missing has increased by about another 16 hours. (ie last seen Thurs 3pm leaving school and not Friday 6am going to school).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivybridget