OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let me know if I have this right.

During the time period Harley disappears, the father brings a work truck to the house to transport items to Salvation Army or goodwill.
Hopefully LE has reviewed the receipt of those items which would reinforce the need for a truck transport.

During this same timeframe, there is a fire (origin unknown?) at the landfill where Harley’s father works.

It is now being reported that Harley’s mother did not “see” him the Friday he went missing, but she spoke to him in the darkness of her bedroom.

It is unclear as to the last confirmed sighting of Harley

amateur opinion and speculation
This is all a bit too coincidental imo to his disappearance. I saw the link to the fire at the dump site, but does anyone have the link of the neighbor reporting dad’s work truck was seen at the home?

Port Clinton Police Department
Harley Dilly Update, Saturday, January 4th, 2020

Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

I continue to ask that you give us a couple more days to complete the searches that we need to accomplish before you begin searching on your own. Please understand that we will be continuing to search for Harley, however I know that you want to assist as well.

Information as of December 31st, 2019;

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman
All these agencies involved,all the sex trafficking in the area. Him getting kicked out of the library. I know here in King Co Wa a lot of sex offenders hang out at Libraries. He would be such a target. The Reddit thing has my eyebrow raised. Could he have a follower/stalker from the library? I know the family is not ideal,and the mom yesterday saying she didn't see him that morning is gasp, but I learned from the Heidi Brussard case,that not everything is so cut,and dry.
MOO

This is all a bit too coincidental imo to his disappearance. I saw the link to the fire at the dump site, but does anyone have the link of the neighbor reporting dad’s work truck was seen at the home?

I’ll go back and look for it. I saw that post myself either on the Talk of Port Clinton public page or in the comments on the PCPD Facebook page a few days ago.

If the mom didn’t see him Friday but talked to him how would she know what he was wearing?i read the dad just started that job so when did he bring the truck home Thursday,Friday,or Saturday and did the company know he borrowed it?mom said she was taking stuff to goodwill on Friday so was she with her husband when he took the stuff in the truck?i would check with goodwill for there camera footage and the items she brought and get ahold of his company to see when he borrowed the truck.

Please let me know if I have this right.

During the time period Harley disappears, the father brings a work truck to the house to transport items to Salvation Army or goodwill.
Hopefully LE has reviewed the receipt of those items which would reinforce the need for a truck transport.

During this same timeframe, there is a fire (origin unknown?) at the landfill where Harley’s father works.

It is now being reported that Harley’s mother did not “see” him the Friday he went missing, but she spoke to him in the darkness of her bedroom.

It is unclear as to the last confirmed sighting of Harley

There’s a lot being posted here that isn’t verified in any way and is most rumor.

I live in the area and it is NOT confirmed that the fire “occurred at a landfill Harley’s dad works at”.
A fire did occur at a recycling plant almost an hour away from Port Clinton. It does not appear to be the same company dad works for, IMO.

Nor is it confirmed that he brought his work truck to the house. This is straight rumor.

The last part about sighting and mom is confirmed though. Per News 5 WEWS.

Not chastising and I’m usually not annoyed by rumor stuff but this thread is running amok at this point.

Last edited:
Maybe this has already been posted earlier but do we know the date that Harley last posted anywhere on social media? Have any of his YouTube videos or Facebook or IG posts been recent?

The day this started the most recent post of Harleys I could find was on Discord. 12-14

There were two YouTube videos around that date as well but they have been removed.

I’ll go back and look for it. I saw that post myself either on the Talk of Port Clinton public page or in the comments on the PCPD Facebook page a few days ago.
I reported it to the PCPD to let them sort it out, in case they didn't catch that. Because I don't know if it's true,or if it's just some nasty rumor started by some cray cray attention seeker.

There’s a lot being posted here that isn’t verified in any way and is most rumor.

I live in the area and it is NOT confirmed that the fire “occurred at a landfill Harley’s dad works at”.
A fire did occur at a recycling plant 2 hours away from Port Clinton. It does not appear to be the same company dad works for, IMO.

Nor is it confirmed that he brought his work truck to the house. This is straight rumor.

Not chastising and I’m usually not annoyed by rumor stuff but this thread is running amok at this point.

5th St., Port Clinton OH to Kuhlman Dr., Toledo OH is 46 mins away.

A fire did occur at a recycling plant 2 hours away from Port Clinton. It does not appear to be the same company dad works for, IMO.

Thank you, and that’s why I asked if I had this right. Since you have knowledge that the info are rumors only, I have deleted my original post. Thank you for verifying the information was not accurate.

Good article. From it:

Police will ask a series of questions to determine what level of risk the missing person is at.

They'll take into account the person's age, whether they have a history of mental health problems, self-harm or attempted suicide, whether they've gone missing before, if they've got financial problems or are being bullied, abused, or have been the victim of a crime, as well as asking about their personal relationships.

Teen runaways falling through the gaps

These are what the police refer to as push factors - the things that might make someone want to run away.

They'll also look out for pull factors, the things that might be drawing them to someone or something else.

that’s exactly why I posted it

I went back but was unable to delete my video link to the Toledo Fire Department. My apologies if this was wrong info, I was just responding to the poster who posted the news link about the fire at the recycling plant.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member