Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course that's what the problem is. Peighton's friends probably have covered for her so many times it's second nature to them and yeah in the crucial first days they may have even obstructed justice not because they themselves were complicit in her death but because they still assumed she was alive "on a bender" and were trying to shield her and her compatriots from the law. The one who called Peighton's mom was clearly concerned on the first morning but probably others were not and at that point there were incomplete and/or conflicting statements.

This is how party culture is. Grasp it. If you or someone you love is currently part of this culture, know the risks.

I agree. Many unknowns, but simple answers are most often true.

I'm with you on that !!! I was so sure it was her SO and shocked to find out it was her BFF.
I no longer will agree with or jump to the conclusions that form in my brain and I am now second guessing my first instinct LOL
Same. That case threw me big time, and now I’m constantly arguing with myself about what I think happened.

I've always believed LE would utilize electronic footprints and it would take time to obtain those and then investigate.

I'm still curious about exact relationship between co-worker(s). I'm not getting the feeling it was a long friendship or seen any proof of such. JMHO

LE was not exaggerating when saying this was COMPLICATED.

One thing is for sure, Paighton didn't put herself in the grave, right?
If this is an overdose situation (which, right now, doesn't really sound like it is, but who knows?), it reminds me of that case of 14-year-old Jonathan Minard in Ohio. He died of a fentanyl overdose and was buried in a shallow grave.

One thing is for sure, Paighton didn't put herself in the grave, right?
If this is an overdose situation (which, right now, doesn't really sound like it is, but who knows?), it reminds me of that case of 14-year-old Jonathan Minard in Ohio. He died of a fentanyl overdose and was buried in a shallow grave.

Conversely, I’ve seen homicide cases where the perp(s) tried to stage the homicide as an overdose.

Last edited:
Updated Jan 04, 10:36 AM;Posted Jan 03, 9:43 AM
“[SBM]

Houston’s mother, Charlaine Houston, posted this on Facebook: ‘Our family didn’t get the news we had hoped for but I am very grateful that Paighton is coming home. We don’t have to go through the torture of not knowing what was happening to her and where she could be. God answered our prayers, he brought her home to us. I prayed that if she was already in heaven, I just had to know so my heart could put closure to the missing nightmare. Paighton is eternally home with Jesus. Our family appreciates all the prayers, love and support from the Trussville community and around the world for Paighton. She touched the hearts of many in our efforts to bring her home and my heart is touched by everyone’s love for our family. God will be our strength in the hard days ahead as we go through finding out what happened and life without Paighton. Continue to pray for our family. We are so thankful to you all!’

[SBM]

Jefferson County sheriff’s Chief Deputy David Agee said the sheriff’s office is taking over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide. ‘Right now we have a lot more questions than answers,’ Agee said, ‘but we hope to have those answers real soon. We’re gonna work hard and we’re going to find out what happened.’

[SBM]”
Body found in shallow grave in Hueytown yard identified as Paighton Houston

The thing about the text NOT being from PH that doesn’t make sense to me is if you’re trying to cover something up, why send an alarming message? I get trying to shift blame to some fictional “heavyset black men” and throwing everyone off, but it would make more sense to send a text that everything is fine. Apparently PH’s dad and bro immediately went to the police once they learned of the text. They might have done so anyways at some point that morning, but it would be more likely to stall things if the text had seemed perfectly fine. There leaves open the possibility that maybe it’s just a misunderstanding and she’s at a friends house, her phone died, etc. how many times have we seen LE hesitate to start a missing person investigation because adults have the right to choose to be missing, etc. If they knew her last known text seemed fine and normal, they would probably hesitate even more and tell PH’s family to wait it out. If you’re hiding something, you want to buy time and delay delay delay...putting everyone on high alert almost immediately isn’t going to do that.

I personally think it was sent after her body had been buried and the killer or killers had moved to another area. It doesn’t sound like there is good info about when she left the bar so she could have been buried for awhile before the text was sent. And the recipient didn’t tell the parents about it for quite some time.

I think it’s bogus but that’s just my opinion. So much conflicting information.

I'm still curious about exact relationship between co-worker(s). I'm not getting the feeling it was a long friendship or seen any proof of such. JMHO

LE was not exaggerating when saying this was COMPLICATED.

There's nothing simple about relationships. Let's be fully hypothetical for a second. Let's say that I go to a bar with a girl and a couple of her coworkers, a girl she's work friends with and a guy who's interested in that girl. At some point she leaves to go to a party or someplace "quiet to talk" or whatever. I don't think anything of it until the next day when cops are knocking on my door to get a statement. I say that I didn't see anything or anybody. My girl has told them that she left with a nice guy she met. The guy from work has told them that she's a junkie *advertiser censored* who went off with some drug dealers. Conflicting statements but not lies - and that's just a super simple short hypothetical story.

on the Find PH page there’s a named individual who stated that she found and handed in the credit card belonging to PH as it was on the floor of the bar

There are lots of reasons for a credit card to be left at a bar. To me, it mainly just suggests that she left in a hurry and/or intoxicated. Unusual enough to warrant mention but not suspicious in and of itself.

Also samung has a sos feature where you choose a few people and add their numbers to the list. You hit the power button fast 3 times and it sends a text saying I need help, SOs a picture and a short voice recording and of course estimated location. Not sure how helpful it would be if you are in trouble. I tested out on a few folks, I sent them a message saying I was going to.do.it beforehand but my poor aunt and my best friend did not see my warning text and panicked, even after saying im okay they asked me several times.:S at least I know it works.Good for me also as I have a health condition.

I feel the same. It really helped me come to the realization that individuals can make poor choices, have dysfunctional relationships, give "bad" press interviews, etc, & still be completely uninvolved in a kidnapping and/or murder.

I can relate. Whoooo. All my bells were going off. I have my theory on why. Guilt is guilt. Maybe not for the crime at hand but things you would do to cause you people to believe you did. That's all I can say about that.

You're not. There's literally no reason to think otherwise beyond police stating that no one matching the description was seen in the security footage. I think it's the same old story of people having too much confidence in technology. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Cameras are not everywhere and there are people who can and do avoid them.

The "tip" leading to the body came from old fashioned police work. The initial clue was from technology, probably fresher technology than dusting for prints, but the tip was from someone who came to believe they personally had less to lose from disclosing it than from not. It might have been one of her friends but transporting the body 15 miles and burying it in the back yard of an empty house isn't the kind of thing accidental criminals usually do.

If y'all want something to stay busy with look for connections between the property and persons of interest but in my opinion only its probably just a vacant house that was spotted by the local hustlers and used for various shady purposes.
I didn’t know there were any POIs. Can you provide me a link? Thank you.

Maybe but I think they tracked her down by their POI’s digital trail. IMO
I agree. I think this is more likely than the victim’s phone having any impact on finding her. Remember that LE was trying very hard to find the person that gave the phone to victim’s mom. IMO that showed they had no information from the phone.

I agree. I think this is more likely than the victim’s phone having any impact on finding her. Remember that LE was trying very hard to find the person that gave the phone to victim’s mom. IMO that showed they had no information from the phone.
BBM Wait, what? I never heard someone gave the victims phone to the mom.

That’s a game changer, for me, if true, IMO.

Link please?

Hi I'm a newbie but I've been reading the boards for a while and have an interest in true life crime. On reading your post that was my thinking, perhaps something happened at the club, perhaps the text was sent to throw off the investigation ?
The fact that she was found in a shallow grave is pointing it all away from the girl overdosing and someone panicking etc.

Welcome to WS, Barbieshell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member