Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he said/meant it didn't sound like her because she could take care of herself?

That said, "I feel in trouble" is definitely a particular turn of phrase that not everyone in the land would use; so there's that.

I think it's sophisticated sentence structure, sort of British; and indicates the person making the statement has high intelligence. Some might disagree. We instantly understand what she means (at least I did); and it's Not Good.
She sounded very intelligent in that video posted a few pages back.

No they don’t, unless you know something we don’t.

They said they have spoken to multiple people, but none of these people were identified as “eye witnesses.”

This would be hell of a lot simpler had law enforcement said that, as it would serve as verification that PH was actually there.

We don’t have that.

Also someone mentioned on an earlier post that the Tin Bar sits on a strip of bars and restaurants so there should be plenty of video from different establishments which there have been zero sightings so far.

Online research yields different stats, but here is one example. Based on a study done by the Irish medical journal, 2/3 of heroin addicts that go through a successful treatment plan, relapse.

The Facts about Heroin Addiction

100% of the heroin addicts I know have relapsed.

I suspect that when all the facts come out, heroin will be involved.

I’m on the fence about her leaving with “two black guys” because I’m on the fence about her being at TR in the first place.

I wonder if that bar has a black clientel or a white one.

Though I have not lived deep south for 25 years,when I did blacks, whites socialized at different venues. For example, blacks who had invited me to their homes also told me that my presence in a black club would "freak people out". Likewise, they expressed no interest in going to the white country bars I went to.

That was a generation ago and times have changed.

Even still, I wonder how distinct two large black guys would be at a predominately white bar and would employees and other patrons independently notice them and who they spoke to?

Likewise, if TRs is predominately black, would the victim have stood out and had been independently noticed by customers and employees regarding who she talked to, left with etc?

Last edited:
I don't see that house as a trap house. It seems a decent neighborhood with houses that are kept up outside so to many vehicles coming and going would be noticed at some point. Trap houses normally want easy access and exit so that vehicles can come and go without a chance but the street is a dead end. JMO but that house would cause to much suspicion. Especially if it is an older neighborhood where people are often at home. JMO
A black neighbor was interviewed. Most neighborhoods are racially segregated in my experience. Is anyone familiar with this area & its demographics?

Law enforcement interviewed multiple people and continued to pursue the investigation of the men she reportedly left with. I don't know what you expect law enforcement to say about an active investigation but that makes it pretty clear to me that the statements they took support the facts as initially reported.

Law enforcement interviewed multiple people and continued to pursue the investigation of the men she reportedly left with. I don't know what you expect law enforcement to say about an active investigation but that makes it pretty clear to me that the statements they took support the facts as initially reported.
The fact that they said that these men were not spotted on video, and released no description of them, is very telling.

For them to come out and say they have nothing in that regard, indicates to me the exact opposite of the statements supporting the initial report (that she left with two heavyset black men who were strangers to her).

Again, where is a link to support this? WebSleuths requires MSM or LE confirmation, not just what "makes it pretty clear to me." LE never said, "We have confirmed through several eye witnesses that PH and friend were in the club and two men meeting the suspect description were also seen by several eyewitnesses." That's all we are asking from you.

Sorry but your conclusion is wrong. You don't know what LE has learned and it might very well contradict the "story" that's out there. It wouldn't be the first time and it wouldn't be unusual for LE to keep that quiet until they have an arrest.

Google view that bar, unless installed recently there are no cameras outside other than one on an industrial building across the street that appears to be pointing downward towards an entry door and nowhere close to the bar.

BBM. Absolutely. Individual stage of change (mental health language) is intrinsic and not dependent on support system. In fact, in my experience personally and professionally, when one lacks the intrinsic motivation or has other underlying reasons for using (unresolved trauma, self medicating, etc), a strong support system whom checks in regularly, attempts to control access to money or where one goes and who they spend time with can lead to an increase in deceit/sneakiness. The intentions are generally positive on both ends but addiction isn't always based on how loved someone is and using isn't because one loves their family or friends any less. ETA: Not stating that addiction was at play in her disappearance but if it is, it doesn't mean she deserved what happened or is "responsible" for her own demise.
MOO.
Ahhh you so get it. Yes yes and yes.

I thought he said/meant it didn't sound like her because she could take care of herself?

That said, "I feel in trouble" is definitely a particular turn of phrase that not everyone in the land would use; so there's that.

I think it's sophisticated sentence structure, sort of British; and indicates the person making the statement has high intelligence. Some might disagree. We instantly understand what she means (at least I did); and it's Not Good.
I don't think it is sophisticated sentence structure. It's a fairly simple sentence from a grammatical standpoint. (Source: I used to teach English and have an M.A. in it.)

The "in trouble" part has always seemed super weird to me. I only ever hear people say they are "in trouble" when they've done something wrong. You know how kids say things like "I'm going to be in trouble!" "You'll be in trouble if mom finds out!" Or the parental favorite "You'll be in trouble when your dad gets home." It's within a context of one's own actions--not someone doing something to you/making you feel uncomfortable.

I've honestly never heard anyone say they feel in trouble--it's pretty much always paired with a be verb--and again the wording is more in keeping with someone themselves doing something than feeling like someone is doing something to them.

That's why it seems like such an artificial and, quite frankly, odd thing for a woman in that situation to say. I'm scared would be more natural, clearer, and shorter.

dbm

Last edited:
I wonder if that bar has a black clientel or a white one.

Though I have not lived deep south for 25 years,when I did blacks, whites socialized at different venues. For example, blacks who had invited me to their homes also told me that my presence in a black club would "freak people out". Likewise, they expressed no interest in going to the white country bars I went to.

That was a generation ago and times have changed.

Even still, I wonder how distinct two large black guys would be at a predominately white bar and would employees and other patrons independently notice them and who they spoke to?

Likewise, if TRs is predominately black, would the victim have stood out and had been independently noticed by customers and employees regarding who she talked to, left with etc?

Great write up Cryptic! If you peruse all of the photos on the TR Facebook page, two heavyset black guys would stick out like a sore thumb. Add to that that the band that was playing that night that PH wanted to hear is a white cover band that plays popular music for young adults. Nothing that would draw a different crowd IMO.

I don’t think the text sounds odd if she was partying and suddenly felt uncomfortable. Something must have happened right after that. (obviously)
I agree.......
But would not she want to send this text to someone she trusted or was it sent to the last contact texted which was the co-worker she car-pooled with?

All unknown at this time.....to us that is to note at present.

I wonder if this is true did Paighton at this time. 12:30 ish am) MOO
Was she able to get the text sent while being in restroom/bathroom?
Was it sent by voice text?
If she had access to her phone say in her pocket why not butt dial someone.
Leave ph on or start recording. When she felt danger.
She was smart.

Maybe she did.
LE needs her phone.
We need the grave digger!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics