Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, plus nobody came forward with pics or video they would have been proud of. Instead we had to settle for a tip from someone that knew that someone was buried at abandoned house. Sickening.
I don't think it was a tip from someone, as much as it was a tip from something.
Specifically, cell phone records. From someone that hasn't been publicly named yet.
Of course, this is entirely speculation. It's just the only thing that makes sense to me.

Yeah, this is very unusual. Normally it’s pretty easy to figure out basically what happened, but that’s just not the case here.

Sometimes, but we do see the hard cases. JC was not easy because no one had a clue and LE didn't have a whole lot either. I doubt that's the case here. I could be wrong, obviously.

One thing I'll say. A lot of folks are sleuthing the house. And there's confusion about the address, but if you look at the GIS you'll see an oddity. The 210 lot straddles the street and the 215 lot is behind 210 on the east side. And the house on that side (east) is bisected by the 210/215 lot line. It's weird. [pic attached, 210 Chapel is highlighted.]

But if you back up a little bit you see nicer houses around, even bordering the 215 lot. So I also think the folks pointing out this could be a known "empty" house where things like drugs might be going on have a good point and it could be anyone, really, using the house at a given time. Or just someplace they could go and not likely be bothered. So I wouldn't focus exclusively on relatives of the owners of those houses/lots.

Attachments

• chapel.png
    chapel.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 54
Yes, plus nobody came forward with pics or video they would have been proud of. Instead we had to settle for a tip from someone that knew that someone was buried at abandoned house. Sickening.
AND evidently this property wasn't the first place searched; remember, LE went to two other places before they found her in the backyard of that house on Chapel Dr.

Got a link to some of those interviews the media conducted with witnesses from the bar in the Savannah Spurlock case?

The news is not about information or solving a case, they're about viewership and viewership comes from emotion not data. That's why they put the families on and now the gruesome details.

I'm sorry, I know nothing about that case but if she went missing from a bar and nobody was interviewed, I'd agree you have a point but that it would be unusual, knowing how local media usually works.

AND evidently this property wasn't the first place searched; remember, LE went to two other places before they found her in the backyard of that house on Chapel Dr.
To clarify further, they searched other areas for hours on Thursday 1/2 that were within close proximity to the house but media also reported prior searches that were not known to the public until then during the last couple weeks.

I'm sorry, I know nothing about that case but if she went missing from a bar and nobody was interviewed, I'd agree you have a point but that it would be unusual, knowing how local media usually works.
Not sure why u were asked that question when u never mentioned that case. But yes she also went missing after leaving a bar. A year ago today actually :( but video of her leaving with the unknown men was quickly released so there was no doubt she was at the bar or who she left with.

Yeah, this is very unusual. Normally it’s pretty easy to figure out basically what happened, but that’s just not the case here.
Really? Isn't it pretty common not to know what happened after a body is found? We still dont know what happened to Hailey Dunn and Ebby Steppach, not to mention the *advertiser censored* show of Jon Benet Ramsey

I was thinking the exact same earlier. Not too long ago there was a case here of a missing young woman who was a server in a stripper bar. (I cannot for the life of me remember her name!) I can recall everyone from the bartenders to bouncers to gas station patrons that thought they saw her, being interviewed. It struck me to today that this just isn't happening in this case, because there's no story? Meaning... no one at this bar either saw her or knew her.
Or maybe because nobody at this bar was naked

Quick question, from what I’m reading, it seems LE said they didn’t find anything from reviewing the surveillance “which was helpful to their investigation.” (I hope I got the quote right). It seems some folks may be possibly interpreting this to mean she wasn’t even at the bar, but I’m not sure this necessarily means this? It could mean they just didn’t see her with any individuals, someone watching her, etc?

And if LE thinks she was never even at the bar that night, wouldn’t LE reveal this? Maybe not if they were zeroed in on a suspect(s).

IF she was never at the bar, then this seems to not be a very smart cover up to say that she was, as one would think there would be a high chance of this account being disproven. However, we do know crimes and coverups are not always committed in the most intelligent manner.

Conversely, one might know that camera surveillance is limited, and perhaps it is crowded and might make for a good coverup. I can think of some crowded places I could go into and people, including staff, unless they had good surveillance, wouldn’t notice anything necessarily and/or be able to provide any kind of witness account. Everybody is busy doing their own thing.

I have questions about the surveillance locations, etc.; perhaps some of these will be addressed as I catch up in thread 1.

—-

ETA: I guess what I’m asking/saying is that just because nobody has come forward publicly and said they saw her at the bar, it doesn’t mean that she wasn’t at the bar.

Last edited:
I was thinking the exact same earlier. Not too long ago there was a case here of a missing young woman who was a server in a stripper bar. (I cannot for the life of me remember her name!) I can recall everyone from the bartenders to bouncers to gas station patrons that thought they saw her, being interviewed. It struck me to today that this just isn't happening in this case, because there's no story? Meaning... no one at this bar either saw her or knew her.

Toni Anderson?

Yes. That is very interesting. I wonder what it was that led them to those places.

This case is one of the more puzzling ones I followed. I hope Paighton and her family get justice.

Not going to argue the 215 address. We are now looking at forensics for Cause of Death. I studied this morning about how long drugs remain in a human body after death. When they started talking about shallow graves and worms, I stopped.

Do we have any confirmation on who will be handling the autopsy? Since JeffCo is leading the investigation, will JeffCo ME be doing it?

I hope so - they look to have a great team there.

Oh? Well if you know those other places specifically then you might determine what they have in common and in doing so, infer what might have led them to be searched (and who might have described them in such a way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandercombes