Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Isn't it pretty common not to know what happened after a body is found? We still dont know what happened to Hailey Dunn and Ebby Steppach, not to mention the **** show of Jon Benet Ramsey
Normally we have a firm timeline, and a set of basic facts that are likely true. We don’t have that here.

We have a story that she went off with two strange men from a bar. It’s entirely possible that she was never at the bar, didn’t send that text, and there were no strange men.

It’s not just a matter of not knowing, but it’s also a matter of everything you know potentially being untrue.

That’s what makes this one different. We’re typically wondering who did it.

Here we’re wondering who did what, and if this is murder or something else. We don’t know what the underlying crime is.

Or maybe because nobody at this bar was naked
Well, as much as I hate the idea, yes, I can understand why there might be a lack of interest in one case, and a surge of interest in another, that may be similar. However, I don't think the clothing (or lack thereof) has anything to do with the lack of published MSM reports of interviews with witnesses, employees, etc. In this particular case, I suspect it's a simple matter of there being no one to interview.

I'm south of Birmingham. The soil has a lot of clay and it's very hard to dig a hole in it, almost impossible when the weather has been dry. When we have to bury a pet we dig extra deep because of scavenging animals. Lately we've had lots of rain so the ground being hard probably wasn't an issue.
I live an hour North of Bham and I agree completely. I actually mentioned earlier that I was thankful for all the rain so it would make digging while searching the property easier. However, without knowing when she was buried, we don’t know what the ground was like at the time. I’m a 46 yr old female (in average shape) and I’ve dug holes for pets etc when the soil was dry. It can be done by one person, but it did take me quite a while.

Quick question, from what I’m reading, it seems LE said they didn’t find anything from reviewing the surveillance “which was helpful to their investigation.” (I hope I got the quote right). It seems some folks may be possibly interpreting this to mean she wasn’t even at the bar, but I’m not sure this necessarily means this? It could mean they just didn’t see her with any individuals, someone watching her, etc?

And if LE thinks she was never even at the bar that night, wouldn’t LE reveal this? Maybe not if they were zeroed in on a suspect(s).

IF she was never at the bar, then this seems to not be a very smart cover up to say that she was, as one would think there would be a high chance of this account being disproven. However, we do know crimes and coverups are not always committed in the most intelligent manner.

Conversely, one might know that camera surveillance is limited, and perhaps it is crowded and might make for a good coverup. I can think of some crowded places I could go into and people, including staff, unless they had good surveillance, wouldn’t notice anything necessarily and/or be able to provide any kind of witness account. Everybody is busy doing their own thing.

I have questions about the surveillance locations, etc.; perhaps some of these will be addressed as I catch up in thread 1.

—-

ETA: I guess what I’m asking/saying is that just because nobody has come forward publicly and said they saw her at the bar, it doesn’t mean that she wasn’t at the bar.

Threads are moving fast so someone might have already posted this, but I believe LE said they reviewed the surveillance video and found nothing helpful to the investigation.

Last edited:
Well, as much as I hate the idea, yes, I can understand why there might be a lack of interest in one case, and a surge of interest in another, that may be similar. However, I don't think the clothing (or lack thereof) has anything to do with the lack of published MSM reports of interviews with witnesses, employees, etc. In this particular case, I suspect it's a simple matter of there being no one to interview.

Or the staff declined to be interviewed?

Oh? Well if you know those other places specifically then you might determine what they have in common and in doing so, infer what might have led them to be searched (and who might have described them in such a way)
Evilwise, I have no personal knowledge of them, however, another poster above mentioned that perhaps the "tip" didn't come from an individual but from LE's own inference based on cell phone surveillance/GPS monitoring.

Threads are moving fast but so someone might have already posted this, but I believe LE said they reviewed the surveillance video and found nothing helpful to the investigation.

Thanks, yeah that’s what I was saying actually, that this doesn’t necessarily mean they’re saying she wasn’t at the bar. It just could mean exactly that, that they didn’t find anything helpful.

Actually, in hindsight and thinking more about this, IF they determined that that she wasn’t even at the bar, then this actually “would” be helpful to them, because they’d know then that someone fed them bologna, and as result, know where to focus their efforts.

Officers did not find anything that would be useful to their investigation. This is a direct source and words from LE. This imo, is alarming, because any footage of proof that coworkers or Paighton were at some point present that night at this location would be helpful.
I'm trying to catch up on the pages, but I agree LE didn't find ANYTHING on the video that would help.

Perhaps the coworker is afraid of saying with whom she really did leave, for fear of retaliation.
Perhaps.
Or perhaps she wasn't honest for other reasons?

I do think this hinges on the co-worker and who PH really left with. And no, I don't think it was 2 heavy set black dudes. I'm not even convinced anyone actually saw her leaving at all.

Evilwise, I have no personal knowledge of them, however, another poster above mentioned that perhaps the "tip" didn't come from an individual but from LE's own inference based on cell phone surveillance/GPS monitoring.

I did as I've always believed that's what was taking time. Obtaining access to records through subpoenas and or warrants. So many cases are solved through digital footprints.

JMHO

Officers did not find anything that would be useful to their investigation. This is a direct source and words from LE. This imo, is alarming, because any footage of proof that coworkers or Paighton were at some point present that night at this location would be helpful.

Once again, I’m struggling with this statement as being confirmation that she was never there. It doesn’t mean it’s not the case, just saying.

Thanks, yeah that’s what I was saying actually, that this doesn’t necessarily mean they’re saying she wasn’t at the bar. It just could mean exactly that, that they didn’t find anything helpful.

Actually, in hindsight and thinking more about this, IF they determined that that she wasn’t even at the bar, then this actually “would” be helpful to them, because they’d know then that someone fed them bologna, and as result, know where to focus their efforts.
If she were at the bar and they saw her on camera, it seems that they would have released an image?

I saw requests for anyone who was there that night to look through their own videos/ photos and share anything with LE. We don't know if anyone came forward but presumably nothing that they felt they needed to release to the public for help. MOO

Perhaps.

I do think this hinges on the co-worker and who PH really left with. And no, I don't think it was 2 heavy set black dudes. I'm not even convinced anyone actually saw her leaving at all.

Again I am new to this case but from everything I've read in my crash course this afternoon, no one else has ever even reported seeing her at the bar, much less leaving it.

Curious.

Perhaps.

I’m trying to catch up I swear. Is the friend male or female? I’m assuming female for some reason.

I hate to speculate but IF and I mean a BIG IF the coworker is involved, I can pull some references from other cases involving female co-workers, but at this point it would be premature, off topic, and possibly not nice to even mention. Again, I’m walking on eggshells after Heidi Broussard but I can feel my speculative old self slowly coming back, but with much caution.

Another question, where did she work? What is her occupation? Sorry for rehash.

Again I am new to this case but from everything I've read in my crash course this afternoon, no one else has ever even reported seeing her at the bar, much less leaving it.

Curious.
Yeah, i believe you are right. & i am not sure how it is possible that no one else has stepped up to validate this if it were true? It just seems so odd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona