Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo in Calif

Reaction score
BREAKING: – Updated – Trussville woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

“Paighton Houston was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South,” Sgt. Johnny Williams said. “She was last seen leaving the location with two heavy set black males. It was reported that Paighton appeared to have left the location willingly with the two males.”

Paighton Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” Her mother said her bank account had not been accessed since Friday.

THREAD #1
THREAD #2

THREAD #3

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO LE knows way more than they are telling the public. They don't owe us an update or explanation while they are doing their job. I also think they are investigating people we may have been told are friends of the deceased. So we can continue to stir the pot of "maybe" stew while they are putting the puzzle together.

Both of those posts are rather big leaps of judgment don’t u think?

Nah, I'm not judgemental. A realist maybe, but not judgemental. I'm in no way able to determine cause of death, wouldn't even want to try. But I DO have quite extensive experience in drug and alcohol related fields, including recovery.

If one is on solid Spiritual ground, one may surely attend a concert, or even a whoopie party :)

I see the autopsy reportedly has not shown cause of death.....so I surmise she was not murdered in a more familiar fashion, say, gunshot wound, knifing, strangulation, etc. Not to mention the reports that her body was intact.

So, IMO, either PH was kidnapped and murdered in some fashion so as to not be obvious, entrapped and/or drugged, then kidnapped and murdered, or somehow wound up in the company of individuals who did not have her best interest in mind. Possibly she died of heart attack. Who knows?

But to those in recovery, I can say this.....I don't keep rattlesnakes in my underwear drawer.....might get bit.

So does this mean they will depend on toxicology results?

I think so. But if a OD there would also likely be some physical signs, including pulmonary edema, cerebral edema, and bladder distension at autopsy. But yes, not enough to make official ruling and tox results vital.
That’s exactly what I was going to say...(NOT). Good post. Maybe I will stick around. :)

This is good article... more geared towards specific opioids, but very interesting. Pulmonary and cerebral edema very common findings in fatal OD.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

I am not saying/implying she OD'd. Just some info for future reference.

That we are aware of. It's not at all uncommon for a suspect to be in custody for a day or two before it's announced to the media. And, in my experience here, it's almost always someone that savvy sleuthers have already zeroed in on, long before any announcement is made.
How long would it take for a suspect in custody to show on the inmate list?

I think it is more likely that police were told by an informant that they went to places A & B, then disposed of the body at place C. Police may have gone to those two locations first, knowing that nothing much happened there, but for a quick search of the area for any evidence that might corroborate what they'd been told.

The fact that they had three locations to visit in one day tells me this information came from somebody, not just a random tip. Someone has told them a story, now they are putting the pieces together.
At this point, it sounds like someone saw her at a "party" but don't know the exact place they were or didn't give a very precise location when they phoned in the tip i.e. "I saw her at a house in Hueytown. It's light green and has a green tin roof on the porch"

Does this mean there were no obvious signs of trauma based on the findings? Or could they be waiting to release regardless due to the high profile nature?
This is the first piece of info that has changed my guess about what happened because (assuming a competent medical examiner) it points to an overdose. Now I think it's more likely her text DID mean "I might have taken too much and I can't count on these people to get me help" but she wanted to wait until she was sure she needed help before she disappointed her mom.

How long would it take for a suspect in custody to show on the inmate list?

Jail records are usually pretty up to date, so I would say pretty soon after any type of official charges are filed (which as we’ve seen before could also be for unrelated charges). But if they’re simply interrogating them, then obviously they won’t show up.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm not judgemental. A realist maybe, but not judgemental. I'm in no way able to determine cause of death, wouldn't even want to try. But I DO have quite extensive experience in drug and alcohol related fields, including recovery.

If one is on solid Spiritual ground, one may surely attend a concert, or even a whoopie party :)

I see the autopsy reportedly has not shown cause of death.....so I surmise she was not murdered in a more familiar fashion, say, gunshot wound, knifing, strangulation, etc. Not to mention the reports that her body was intact.

So, IMO, either PH was kidnapped and murdered in some fashion so as to not be obvious, entrapped and/or drugged, then kidnapped and murdered, or somehow wound up in the company of individuals who did not have her best interest in mind. Possibly she died of heart attack. Who knows?

But to those in recovery, I can say this.....I don't keep rattlesnakes in my underwear drawer.....might get bit.
I’ll add that in recovery, we are definitely encouraged to live life, we aren’t told to shy away from social settings. That being said, another phrase we use is that “if you hang around the barbershop long enough, you’re bound to get a haircut”.

So, long story short, being at the bar if she was solid in her recovery and had support with her, no problem. If she was drinking, well, that is a problem.

I got sober at 21, and once I had some time under my belt, sober friends and I would go out to dance at some of the bars/clubs in LA. Not often, a lot of our time was spent socializing at meetings, going out for coffee..but it wasn’t unheard of. It’s possible that PH was there with other sober friends, and out to just have a good time. At this point, we really don’t know.

Last edited:
Wow. So technically, at this point, the results are inconclusive. I was afraid of that, but optimistic that wouldn’t be the case. We could be here a while? Sounds like they didn’t see any external signs of trauma??
It's been reported that her body, when found, was still intact. I follow the Najah Ferrell case (with the amputated foot) so my mind went there with this case. Maybe "still intact" means no signs of trauma?

It's been reported that her body, when found, was still intact. I follow the Najah Ferrell case (with the amputated foot) so my mind went there with this case. Maybe "still intact" means no signs of trauma?

I view “still intact” to specifically mean not partial, disarticulated, or dismembered/burned to ashes, etc. In Jessica Ridgeway’s case, it was just her torso which was found, and the specific words were “her body is not intact.” :( I could be wrong, but I don’t think the word “intact” refers specifically to signs of trauma, necessarily, but moreso the entire body being present. Moo. For example, if someone was stabbed to death, the body would not be referred to as not being intact, imo.

Last edited:
I'm ignorant on what this could mean. Does this make it boil down to OD or some type of poisoning, or what else?
Personally, I think it ups the likelihood that she OD’d. They’re waiting on tox screen, would be my best guess.

There may very well be physical indications of an OD, but ME needs tox results to conclusively rule on the COD/MOD.

(I am not familiar with that case, but an amputated foot? Was she in water? This could be disarticulation? I’ll take a peek, thanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen