TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter Margot Carey were last seen Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7:30 a.m. when Broussard dropped off another child at Cowan Elementary School. Police believe they returned to their home near West William Cannon Drive and South First Street afterward, but they haven’t been seen since.

Broussard is 33 years old, 5-foot-3, 150 pounds with long, dark hair with highlights.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

Thread Number 1
Thread Number 2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread # 5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Heidi-and-baby.jpg

Last edited:
Candy Rodriguez on Twitter
.@Chief_Manley says they do believe the baby found is Margot Carey but will have to wait on DNA test to confirm.
2:20 PM - 20 Dec 2019

The baby is safe and in the state’s care.
2:22 PM - 20 Dec 2019

Manley also believes #HeidiBroussard is dead. Working to confirm identity of body.
2:24 PM - 20 Dec 2019

FBI officials say they brought in Child Abduction Response Deployment (CARD) teams to Austin to assist in finding baby Margot Carey.
2:26 PM - 20 Dec 2019

Admin note:
Consider it a Christmas gift that the discussion has not been closed yet AGAIN. The amount of TOS violations on the last thread are staggering. Members seem to be taking advantage of the shortage of moderators at this time of year and that is disheartening. I am battling cold symptoms and have out of town family flying in today so I don’t have time to clean up the thread or log in. My generosity will not be extended to those who are blatantly disregarding TOS and sleuthing a person who has not been named a POI in MSM or by LE…. And the wrong individual to boot. DO NOT POST information unless you are absolutely positive it is the right person AND can back it up with a mainstream media link. I do not see anything in MSM or in the media thread that anyone else has been arrested.

Only MSM information is allowed to be posted and discussed. Random youtube videos are not allowed to be posted or discussed unless approved by Tricia. Please keep that in mind going forward. Posting rumors is ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED. Trying to circumvent the rules by posting questionable information will be met with serious consequences. Enough is enough people!

Please remember if you post a theory and you claim a fact that has not been seen you need to provide a link to a mainstream media article or law enforcement press release.
We really don't like removing long well thought out posts but we have to if they contain unsubstantiated information.

Not caught up so forgive me if this has been mentioned yet, but I see everyone contemplating how MF got Heidi down and into her car.

This is how I see that morning playing out:

Heidi and MF are texting. MF mentions she’ll be in town later (for an appointment, meeting, whatever reason) and wants to swing by real quick to show off her new baby. Heidi has plans to go grocery shopping but really wants to meet baby Luna so she says she’ll wait to go shopping until they swing by and she’ll come out and say hello when she’s there. Heidi leaves her purse and diaper bag in the car because she knows she’ll be leaving again soon after a quick stop inside (to feed Margo, change her, whatever her reason). When MF gets there Heidi and Margo go down to meet baby Luna. Heidi hops in the car planning on spending just a few minutes ogling over her friends new baby (which would also explain why she would get into the back seat) before heading out for her shopping trip, but as soon as she gets in, MF takes off.

Not caught up so forgive me if this has been mentioned yet, but I see everyone contemplating how MF got Heidi down and into her car.

Heidi and MF are texting. MF mentions she’ll be in town later (for an appointment, meeting, whatever reason) and wants to swing by real quick to show off her new baby. Heidi has plans to go grocery shopping but really wants to meet baby Luna so she says she’ll wait to go shopping until they swing by and she’ll come out and say hello when she’s there. Heidi leaves her purse and diaper bag in the car because she knows she’ll be leaving again soon after a quick stop inside (to feed Margo, change her, whatever her reason). When MF gets there Heidi and Margo go down to meet baby Luna. Heidi hops in the car planning on spending just a few minutes ogling over her friends new baby (which would also explain why she would get into the back seat) before heading out for her shopping trip, but as soon as she gets in, MF takes off.
That seems plausible to me! Except - how could MF be certain that morning as she started on her desperate mission, that she would catch Heidi outside? Unless Heidi mentioned the shopping trip....
Perhaps MF was ready to do whatever it took to "have her baby". Gag

There'd have to be more to it then, though, no? If my out of town BFF showed up at my place for the first time since her baby were born, I'd expect them to come in for a visit, for sure! I suspect that Heidi was enroute to her car to retrieve her purse that she'd forgotten in the car (cuz 'Post Partum Brain Fog'... I'm sure many can relate to that!) and was surprised by MF's presence in the parking lot. Initially, I'd thought that maybe she was expecting MF for a visit, and she'd just gone downstairs to meet her. But then wouldn't SC have known about that, too?

There'd have to be more to it then, though, no? If my out of town BFF showed up at my place for the first time since her baby were born, I'd expect them to come in for a visit, for sure! I suspect that Heidi was enroute to her car to retrieve her purse that she'd forgotten in the car (cuz 'Post Partum Brain Fog'... I'm sure many can relate to that!) and was surprised by MF's presence in the parking lot. Initially, I'd thought that maybe she was expecting MF for a visit, and she'd just gone downstairs to meet her. But then wouldn't SC have known about that, too?
Do we know for certain that SC did not know MF had been there?

I just read the arrest warrant, holy cow! So the eyewitness testimony about what she saw in the apartment parking lot; was it MF in the front passenger seat and HB who got into the rear passenger seat? Who was driving? I haven't read back, so apologize if this has already been discussed.

Also, if the LE officer smelled the smell of decomp coming from the trunk. Why didn't CG? He didn't think it odd that there was an odor and the car was hidden away in the backyard?!

I just read the arrest warrant, holy cow! So the eyewitness testimony about what she saw in the apartment parking lot; was it MF in the front passenger seat and HB who got into the rear passenger seat? Who was driving? I haven't read back, so apologize if this has already been discussed.

Also, if the LE officer smelled the smell of decomp coming from the trunk. Why didn't CG? He didn't think it odd that there was an odor and the car was hidden away in the backyard?!
yes and yes and we don't yet know if a third person was driving or MF was driving.

Do we know for certain that SC did not know MF had been there?
Well, I suppose we don't know that for sure... but why wouldn't that have been mentioned in his heartfelt pleas in the intitial interview(s)? He detailed all other known happenings of that morning, right down to HB having spent $25 at the book fair, so why wouldn't he have said something along the lines of 'and Heidi was expecting a visit from her friend, who also just had a baby'? And he would likely have not been so incredibly shocked when he learned of LE presence at the home of MF (per his friend, MQ, on the previously linked podcast interview) All MOO, of course.

Well, I suppose we don't know that for sure... but why wouldn't that have been mentioned in his heartfelt pleas in the intitial interview(s)? He detailed all other known happenings of that morning, right down to HB having spent $25 at the book fair, so why wouldn't he have said something along the lines of 'and Heidi was expecting a visit from her friend, who also just had a baby'? And he would likely have not been so incredibly shocked when he learned of LE presence at the home of MF (per his friend, MQ, on the previously linked podcast interview)

It's so hard looking back on those interviews. He may have known what the PD knew about her being there after a few days in. His plea "feed the baby" may have been an appeal to her. Or he may not ever in a million years have suspected that the "best friend" there at the birth of his child would in any way be connected to her disappearance. I cannot imagine my mind going first to a friend if a loved one was missing. Also, I don't think the visit was planned, so I don't think he or HB knew about it. I haven't lined up the times of his interviews with the affidavit timeline, but I think if he knew MF was coming to town that morning, it would have been shared with LE.

Well, I suppose we don't know that for sure... but why wouldn't that have been mentioned in his heartfelt pleas in the intitial interview(s)? He detailed all other known happenings of that morning, right down to HB having spent $25 at the book fair, so why wouldn't he have said something along the lines of 'and Heidi was expecting a visit from her friend, who also just had a baby'? And he would likely have not been so incredibly shocked when he learned of LE presence at the home of MF (per his friend, MQ, on the previously linked podcast interview)
I guess I was just thinking that in SCs mind MF is one of the supportive friends who wants badly to know what happened to Heidi. He didn't mention the name of any friends in the interview, did he? Possibly he knew she'd stopped by, am I stepping out of bounds by suggesting MF could have outlined their brief encounter to him later as she "tried to help"? She's not suspect in his mind at all. Just MOO. So yes he was incredibly shocked when he heard LE was zeroing in on her.

It's so hard looking back on those interviews. He may have known what the PD knew about her being there after a few days in. His plea "feed the baby" may have been an appeal to her. Or he may not ever in a million years have suspected that the "best friend" there at the birth of his child would in any way be connected to her disappearance. I cannot imagine my mind going first to a friend if a loved one was missing. Also, I don't think the visit was planned, so I don't think he or HB knew about it. I haven't lined up the times of his interviews with the affidavit timeline, but I think if he knew MF was coming to town that morning, it would have been shared with LE.
@UnderstandBlue, I almost feel like a stalker, liking all of your posts. lol. Just want you to know that I sincerely appreciate your 'local knowledge' and insight... but I promise I'm not stalking you! I don't even live in the same country, so you're safe. ;)

This scenario makes sense to me, too.

I guess I was just thinking that in SCs mind MF is one of the supportive friends who wants badly to know what happened to Heidi. He didn't mention the name of any friends in the interview, did he? Possibly he knew she'd stopped by, am I stepping out of bounds by suggesting MF could have outlined their brief encounter to him later as she "tried to help"? She's not suspect in his mind at all. Just MOO. So yes he was incredibly shocked when he heard LE was zeroing in on her.
No, he didn't mention any other friends either, but, my point was that he provided a lot of detail about the morning HB & MC went missing in that first interview, so I'd have expected mention of a visit from a close friend in that detail. For the record, I was a few days late joining this investigation, so hadn't been jaded by that interview inside the apartment (which was certainly odd, to say the least), when I formed my initial thoughts and opinions. It was a call for help with lipreading that first interview that brought this case to my attention. (Thanks @PommyMommy !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500