TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do wonder if MF was not working, what MF was using for income- gas, food, phone bills. either she had some savings or CG was paying for everything(?).

The assessment docs download indicated that MF was a recipient of food stamps. Did not say if there was any cash benefit. We know she hadn't renewed her tags and no proof of auto insurance from the unrelated arrest warrant. I think CG provided shelter and probably a stipend -- as his baby mamma to be. MOO

The assessment docs download indicated that MF was a recipient of food stamps. Did not say if there was any cash benefit. We know she hadn't renewed her tags and no proof of auto insurance from the unrelated arrest warrant. I think CG provided shelter and probably a stipend -- as his baby mamma to be. MOO
But, we don't actually know if her registration or insurance was current at the time of the abduction. Those charges were from 2018. Other than the notation of receiving food stamps, we really know nothing about the state of affairs at the time of this crime.

Heidi leaves her purse and diaper bag in the car because she knows she’ll be leaving again soon
^^sbm

Except SC found the car seat and all the baby items inside the unlocked apartment when he arrived home. The only thing missing from the apartment was HB, Margo, her keys and phone.

Also, (from the AW), I don't believe for one minute that HB ever left her pocketbook/purse in full view inside her unlocked car. I think purse in the unlocked car and unlocked apartment door were a plant after the abduction. MF had access after she failed to return the keys earlier.

Just random thoughts..

LE seemed to have been at least somewhat 'on to' MF from very early on, probably as soon as they got the cellphone info and knew that MF was her last communication.. they then reportedly incessantly grilled SC about her.. SC obviously didn't think anything of it, else he wouldn't have been so shocked when he saw on the news that police had surrounded her house.

I don't think it's weird or odd that SC didn't know what type of vehicle MF drove.. it's not like they had a house with its own driveway where one would notice what's parked there just by glancing out the window. In SC's case, wasn't there an entire parking lot full of vehicles? Unless he had a special interest in vehicles, enough to ask his visitors what they drove, why would he have ever known what MF drove? It's obvious that both HB and SC trusted MF implicitly, for them to have been okay with MF having a key to their place.

Remember at some point it was said that police had every reason to suspect that HB and her baby were okay? Likely because all they'd been hearing was what great besties they were? Who would've thought??

That is probably why they didn't pounce right away and instead just put MF/CG on some kind of watch.. maybe waiting for MF to go out somewhere in her vehicle, and perhaps if she'd done that, LE would've pulled her over to see what they could see? But they can't really just show up for no real reason and expect to see inside someone's home, and I think they need concrete reasons to get a judge to agree to a search warrant? So finally they see CG's vehicle and saw he was purchasing baby items at the store, so that was enough to take him in for questioning, and from there it went. ('The baby in that photo is the baby that's at my house', etc.)

So police then go to CG/MF's residence and lo and behold, the first thing they notice is the stench of human decomp. They likely immediately (or even before that, based on what CG was telling them?) put the wheels in motion to get search warrants.

If you're a cop, you're likely going to be very aware of what decomp smells like.. but maybe not so much if you're just a civilian and you've never had occasion to be around a decomposing corpse? I don't think we can chastise CG for not knowing. I'm sure if the cops could smell it, he could smell it too, however he probably/maybe(??) could've thought someone had a bad batch of garbage rotting away on a neighboring property, and had no idea what it actually was, or that it was emanating from his *own* property?

I think if MF had successfully hidden HB's body somewhere, never to be found, I think it's potentially possible she could've gotten away with this. With HB's unlocked car door with her purse inside, who is to say that mother and newborn weren't taken suddenly by a random predator? If/when police ever questioned MF, her story was that she had her own baby, born at relatively the same time. She had already fooled all of her friends, members of her own family apparently, and even the fake baby's own father! They all corroborated that pregnancy/baby-story. MF likely thought LE would never have authority to actually check her cellphone location history, or the baby's DNA, or demand proof that she'd given birth, ie labor & delivery bills, testing of her hormones, statement of live birth or something? Imagine if police had shown up, there was no stench to give a clue, and her car was not hiding in the back yard. No sign of HB. Would police have then suspected that MF had killed HB and stolen her baby?

She prob figured she'd get away with just being concerned and sad that her bestie went missing forever, but meanwhile go on to have a new life with her ready-made new family, or at least to receive enough child support to support herself and the child for the next twenty years.

To give them benefit of doubt, they were notified the evening of Dec 12 and even to detect her cell phone with pings, they needed to access her TMobile account. Thankfully it was under Shane's so that is why he was at Tmobile that next day. She was missing a day and a half already before they could finally get that clearance, etc. It takes time to question people, review video etc etc., try get a sense of what direction LE should go in. IMHO, sometimes doesn't matter what is done, the victim is dead, and Heidi was likely dead within the first hour or two after she was 'abducted'. In reality though they were successful in finding her and the baby in 7 days.

remember, FBI searched apartments and nearby homes Wednesday, 12-18. So the day before busting MF, LE still focused on the apartment complex. Iirc 12-17 the FBI joined the search, so the phone record didn’t set off any alarms, imo.
Also T Miller spoke with MF (not sure how many X), she did not raise any red flags.
Moo

FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment

Heidi Broussard missing: FBI joins search for Texas mom, 3-week-old daughter - The Washington Time

Last edited:
Just random thoughts..[snipped]
I think if MF had successfully hidden HB's body somewhere, never to be found, I think it's potentially possible she could've gotten away with this. With HB's unlocked car door with her purse inside, who is to say that mother and newborn weren't taken suddenly by a random predator? If/when police ever questioned MF, her story was that she had her own baby, born at relatively the same time. She had already fooled all of her friends, members of her own family apparently, and even the fake baby's own father! They all corroborated that pregnancy/baby-story. MF likely thought LE would never have authority to actually check her cellphone location history, or the baby's DNA, or demand proof that she'd given birth, ie labor & delivery bills, testing of her hormones, statement of live birth or something? Imagine if police had shown up, there was no stench to give a clue, and her car was not hiding in the back yard. No sign of HB. Would police have then suspected that MF had killed HB and stolen her baby?

She prob figured she'd get away with just being concerned and sad that her bestie went missing forever, but meanwhile go on to have a new life with her ready-made new family, or at least to receive enough child support to support herself and the child for the next twenty years.

Even if she had hidden the body successfully, I don't think she would have ever gotten away with it.

Homicide detectives don't like coincidences. They would have checked out the sketchy situation of the 'new baby' coming into HB's best friend's life, for themselves. And we all saw her brilliant answer when questioned this time----she gave birth in a Birth Center but couldn't remember the name of it...:rolleyes:....very convincing answer.

CG wouldn't have found it odd that the Nissan was parked where it was because that's where MF always parked it according to a neighbour.

CG couldn't smell rotting flesh emanating from the Nissan because he had no sense of smell. JMO MOO

That seems plausible to me! Except - how could MF be certain that morning as she started on her desperate mission, that she would catch Heidi outside? Unless Heidi mentioned the shopping trip....
Perhaps MF was ready to do whatever it took to "have her baby". Gag
MF spoke to Heidi on the phone that morning so I’m sure Heidi mentioned she was on route back home from the school for a quick stop.

CG wouldn't have found it odd that the Nissan was parked where it was because that's where MF always parked it according to a neighbour.

CG couldn't smell rotting flesh emanating from the Nissan because he had no sense of smell. JMO MOO

Also, CG might get home late & once in the house, never go back out.

Do we know for certain that SC did not know MF had been there?
We don’t but if MF’s call about breastfeeding was after SC spoke to Heidi, he probably didn’t.
If it was before, then Heidi likely mentioned to him MF was stopping by and he did know, but was told by authorities not to let on he knew she had plans to be there so as not to alert her they were closing in on her. Moo

I wanna know if the beach cousin was ever located?

Also wanted to point out the SW for MF’s phone was signed 12-19, the day HB was found & baby M rescued.
(Some confusion over LE having ph data early on)
Imo, the camera & eyewitness from the apartment complex saved baby M.
moo

Attachments

• 4CC63A61-FDFB-4FA0-8233-62EDD6007B49.png
    4CC63A61-FDFB-4FA0-8233-62EDD6007B49.png
    527.4 KB · Views: 55
Agree and court docs also say she’s indigent.

Even if she had hidden the body successfully, I don't think she would have ever gotten away with it.

Homicide detectives don't like coincidences. They would have checked out the sketchy situation of the 'new baby' coming into HB's best friend's life, for themselves. And we all saw her brilliant answer when questioned this time----she gave birth in a Birth Center but couldn't remember the name of it...:rolleyes:....very convincing answer.
Agree. And I think they have likely already concluded there is no OBGYN or prenatal records. Moo

Also wanted to point out the SW for MF’s phone was signed 12-19, the day HB was found & baby M rescued.
(Some confusion over LE having ph data early on)
Imo, the camera & eyewitness from the apartment complex saved baby M.
moo

Yes - we get from #15 to #16 in the affidavit without much of a bridge.

IMO
I agree that eventually she would have been caught.

Im pretty sure CG would eventually want a paternity test if he was going to start having to financially support the baby.

Didnt she ever watch the "Maury Show"?
"CG, you are NOT the father, and...btw...MF, you are NOT the mother either" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea