Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that LE appeared to locate the body, left it overnight and returned at 9:30 the next morning to retrieve it is so weird to me. We’ve seen LE bring in spot lights, tents, heavy equipment at all hours of the day and night when remains are located. It was reported one officer remained on scene to guard the site.

Then LE exhumed the body and left pretty quickly. We didn’t see them search the yard, the trash, or the inside of the house. WHY NOT? The only reason I can come up with is they have real solid evidence she was just placed there, and her death or any other activities didn’t happen at the property. How could that be? Have they found where she died? Someone must be talking and must have a very convincing story. I really thought LE would search the property just in case. How do they know there wasn’t anything of value there?

I fear this will be ruled an OD and dropped. And I don’t believe that will be justice for Paighton. Jmo.

The fact that LE appeared to locate the body, left it overnight and returned at 9:30 the next morning to retrieve it is so weird to me. We’ve seen LE bring in spot lights, tents, heavy equipment at all hours of the day and night when remains are located. It was reported one officer remained on scene to guard the site.

Then LE exhumed the body and left pretty quickly. We didn’t see them search the yard, the trash, or the inside of the house. WHY NOT? The only reason I can come up with is they have real solid evidence she was just placed there, and her death or any other activities didn’t happen at the property. How could that be? Have they found where she died? Someone must be talking and must have a very convincing story. I really thought LE would search the property just in case. How do they know there wasn’t anything of value there?

I fear this will be ruled an OD and dropped. And I don’t believe that will be justice for Paighton. Jmo.
Yes, I completely agree with you regarding the backyard! I'm also convinced that LE was confident that Church Drive was just a dumping spot. If they thought she was killed at a party in that backyard, wouldn't they have been taking all the beer cans to test for DNA. They were in and out of there so fast. Interesting to me that they stopped at the softball field earlier in their search. I wonder if that was where she died? I can't believe we haven't seen anyone arrested yet! In the very least wouldn't there be some kind of charges for hindering an investigation, obstruction of justice, providing false info to LE or tampering with a corpse or SOMETHING!!!!

Yes, I completely agree with you regarding the backyard! I'm also convinced that LE was confident that Church Drive was just a dumping spot. If they thought she was killed at a party in that backyard, wouldn't they have been taking all the beer cans to test for DNA. They were in and out of there so fast. Interesting to me that they stopped at the softball field earlier in their search. I wonder if that was where she died? I can't believe we haven't seen anyone arrested yet! In the very least wouldn't there be some kind of charges for hindering an investigation, obstruction of justice, providing false info to LE or tampering with a corpse or SOMETHING!!!!

Could have been arrested for outstanding warrant or other charges unrelated to this case.

Do we know that all of LE left after the body was exhumed? The media stopped filming shortly afterwards, and certainly a lot of the LE vehicles were leaving, but it is certainly possible that some remained after the filming stopped (or returned later) and processed the scene further. I think we really don't know what evidence was gathered from the scene.

Could have been arrested for outstanding warrant or other charges unrelated to this case.

The are over two million current arrest warrants & about to expand exponentially. jmo

That’s a great point, but it’s also hard to imagine the media leaving if LE might bring out a bag of evidence. Reporters live for that kind of footage, don’t they?
Do we know that all of LE left after the body was exhumed? The media stopped filming shortly afterwards, and certainly a lot of the LE vehicles were leaving, but it is certainly possible that some remained after the filming stopped (or returned later) and processed the scene further. I think we really don't know what evidence was gathered from the scene.

I recall hearing that CSIs remained on the scene processing evidence for quite a while after the body was exhumed. Here is one article that seems to support that statement. Unfortunately, it appears so many articles have been updated and thus information is no longer in the articles???

Snipped>>
AL.com reported that crime scene technicians were still working in the backyard early Friday afternoon. Washington described the cold and rainy scene as “very muddy (and) very nasty.”

Body found in Alabama search identified as Paighton Houston

Interesting to me that they stopped at the softball field earlier in their search. I wonder if that was where she died? I can't believe we haven't seen anyone arrested yet!
^^sbm

Based on the search by investigators, the actual location where P's remains were recovered, and no immediate manner of death, I'm afraid it's equally possible that P's death was accidental. She very well could have died at the softball field and buried in the nearby yard. :(

If this is in fact a case where P fell to temptation, succumbed to drug dosage, and then buried by her companions in a panic, I see at least two potential charges applicable in the state of Alabama: tampering with physical evidence by not reporting P's death while concealing her body from investigators, and abuse of a corpse by stuffing her body in a backyard hole.

As these charges only represent a Class A misdemeanor and Class C felony -- it does not surprise me that there's been no warning by authorities for the public to take precautions for their safety, no manhunt for suspects, or any immediate arrests. I'm afraid that investigators are being forced to wait for toxicology reports to corroborate any witness's accounts or upgrade the individuals to suspects and charge them. If authorities already have persons of interest here, they must be cooperating and/or not considered flight risks. Whether by homicide or accident, P's demise is devastating just the same. MOO

2013 Code of Alabama
Title 13A - CRIMINAL CODE.
Chapter 10 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION.
Section 13A-10-129 - Tampering with physical evidence.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 13A-10-129 (2013)
Section 13A-10-129Tampering with physical evidence.
(a) A person commits the crime of tampering with physical evidence if, believing that an official proceeding is pending or may be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, he:

(1) Destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes or alters physical evidence with intent to impair its use, verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; or

(2) Knowingly makes, presents or offers any false physical evidence with intent that it be introduced in the pending or prospective official proceeding.

(b) "Physical evidence," as used in this section, includes any article, object, document, record or other thing of physical substance.

(c) Tampering with physical evidence is a Class A misdemeanor.

2013 Code of Alabama
Chapter 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY.
Section 13A-11-13 - Abuse of corpse.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 13A-11-13 (2013)
Section 13A-11-13Abuse of corpse.

(a) A person commits the crime of abuse of a corpse if, except as otherwise authorized by law, he knowingly treats a human corpse in a way that would outrage ordinary family sensibilities. Abuse of a corpse may include knowingly and willfully signing a certificate as having embalmed, cremated, or prepared a human body for disposition when, in fact, the services were not performed as indicated.

(b) Abuse of a corpse is a Class C felony.

^^sbm

Based on the search by investigators, the actual location where P's remains were recovered, and no immediate manner of death, I'm afraid it's equally possible that P's death was accidental. She very well could have died at the softball field and buried in the nearby yard. :(

If this is in fact a case where P fell to temptation, succumbed to drug dosage, and then buried by her companions in a panic, I see at least two potential charges applicable in the state of Alabama: tampering with physical evidence by not reporting P's death while concealing her body from investigators, and abuse of a corpse by stuffing her body in a backyard hole.

As these charges only represent a Class A misdemeanor and Class C felony -- it does not surprise me that there's been no warning by authorities for the public to take precautions for their safety, no manhunt for suspects, or any immediate arrests. I'm afraid that investigators are being forced to wait for toxicology reports to corroborate any witness's accounts or upgrade the individuals to suspects and charge them. If authorities already have persons of interest here, they must be cooperating and/or not considered flight risks. Whether by homicide or accident, P's demise is devastating just the same. MOO

2013 Code of Alabama
Chapter 10 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION.
Section 13A-10-129 - Tampering with physical evidence.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 13A-10-129 (2013)
Section 13A-10-129Tampering with physical evidence.
(a) A person commits the crime of tampering with physical evidence if, believing that an official proceeding is pending or may be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, he:

(1) Destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes or alters physical evidence with intent to impair its use, verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; or

(2) Knowingly makes, presents or offers any false physical evidence with intent that it be introduced in the pending or prospective official proceeding.

(b) "Physical evidence," as used in this section, includes any article, object, document, record or other thing of physical substance.

(c) Tampering with physical evidence is a Class A misdemeanor.

2013 Code of Alabama
Chapter 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY.
Section 13A-11-13 - Abuse of corpse.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 13A-11-13 (2013)
Section 13A-11-13Abuse of corpse.

(a) A person commits the crime of abuse of a corpse if, except as otherwise authorized by law, he knowingly treats a human corpse in a way that would outrage ordinary family sensibilities. Abuse of a corpse may include knowingly and willfully signing a certificate as having embalmed, cremated, or prepared a human body for disposition when, in fact, the services were not performed as indicated.

(b) Abuse of a corpse is a Class C felony.
If her body was “stuffed in a hole” would it still be intact?

If her body was “stuffed in a hole” would it still be intact?

An intact body can be folded, posed, and stuffed anywhere including a ground hole.

PH's body intact comment was also taken out of context. Watching the full video of the DA on location makes that clear. She expanded her response to include the intact body was wrapped in a cloth. (Apparently, some assume that wrapping a body is to keep the pieces together). MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member