Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really do not know very much about this case, do we?

We know she went to the Tin Roof after work with her co-worker, riding with her co-worker, leaving her car at the co-workers house. We “think” as per the co-worker, that she walked out of the bar with two black guys. They have never been verified. A friend reported that she received a text on her phone from PH that said she was with people she didn’t know and she thought she was in trouble and to pick up if she called, but the friend says she did not read the text til the next morning. She tried to call but it went to vm.

PH was found deceased. They are still doing the autopsy and we are waiting for the top results.

That’s it. Right?
Do we “know” she was actually at the Tin Roof though?

We’ve been told that she was there, but I’ve yet to see a firm statement from law enforcement that she was confirmed to have been there.

They’ve been reiterating what was in that missing persons report, but haven’t gone much further than that.

I suppose this would all make a bit more sense if she was there, but I’m not comfortable taking that as fact at this point.

Last edited:
@Artis & @MassGuy, you’ve got me there, there hasn’t been any tangible proof that PH was at the Tin Roof, other than the word of the co-worker. I do not believe an independent source has come forward about seeing her that night at the Tin Roof. So I guess we don’t even know that for sure.

So, what we do know is that she is deceased. We don’t know the why, when, where, how or who yet.

@Artis & @MassGuy, you’ve got me there, there hasn’t been any tangible proof that PH was at the Tin Roof, other than the word of the co-worker. I do not believe an independent source has come forward about seeing her that night at the Tin Roof. So I guess we don’t even know that for sure.

So, what we do know is that she is deceased. We don’t know the why, when, where, how or who yet.
Ha! And that’s exactly why this case is so damn frustrating.

We have a timeline that is either vague, or completely false. We don’t know what is true, and what isn’t.

I can’t think of another recent case where we have had so little confirmed information, especially with the length of time that has passed.

She very well may have been at the Tin Roof, and everything in that missing persons report is accurate. But then again, maybe not.

This is nuts.

From the family's statements, we know at the very least she had plans to go out and see some live music with friends/co-workers. I think in a day and age before cameras were everywhere, we would not have a problem excepting this as true via eye witness accounts. Regardless, someone told LE, she was last seen at the Tin Roof at 10:45. There may have been some initial misinformation reported. Rather she was seen leaving, or last seen. Either way, I am comfortable with taking the fact that she was there as fact. I am a little curious why we no one form the bar has come forward to say anything. Like we saw her with/description, etc. That's not enough at this point to make me doubt she was ever there.

Yep and we don't even know anything about her alleged trip to the bar. Was she there? If so, did her friends or friend see her leave or had they left way earlier?

“Yep and we don't even know anything about her alleged trip to the bar. Was she there? ”

Do we know if she was the person that drove her car to the co-workers house?

Do we know how she left the coworkers house?

I'm so glad you said this. I'm not convinced it factors in, either, but everything known about her is relevant and drugs remain something that was a big deal in her life. We aren't talking weed here, either, but heroin which can put someone into contact with some seriously undesirable people.

The whole thing about blaming the victim came about as a result of women getting slimed in rape cases. If they had been prostitutes or even promiscuous, the defense would imply they were asking for it. The push back against that is not about hiding a victim's life and mistakes but to make people understand that even if a hooker gets into a car with a stranger, it doesn't excuse someone else of a crime. IOW, no matter what the victim did - from nothing to very stupid judgement or being a raving b**** - rape or murder is not justified and is on the perpetrator, period.

Sometimes I think people take "victim friendly" to the extreme. These are just people we're talking about and they have good points and faults and if something about them may have made them more vulnerable to a crime, it doesn't make them any less a victim.
Thank you Artis. This is so well put that I'm gonna mark this post for future reference. Thanks Again!

From the family's statements, we know at the very least she had plans to go out and see some live music with friends/co-workers. I think in a day and age before cameras were everywhere, we would not have a problem excepting this as true via eye witness accounts. Regardless, someone told LE, she was last seen at the Tin Roof at 10:45. There may have been some initial misinformation reported. Rather she was seen leaving, or last seen. Either way, I am comfortable with taking the fact that she was there as fact. I am a little curious why we no one form the bar has come forward to say anything. Like we saw her with/description, etc. That's not enough at this point to make me doubt she was ever there.

It is enough to raise doubt for me, as I've mentioned more than once on here.

We've circled back to what's known and on this page gotten back to "we know very, very little". I hesitate to try and list what we know: other than PH is deceased and a co-worker got a text from her phone (emphasis phone and not PH) what is there? And I'm assuming the text because I assume LE would have seen it. Two known things. Wow.

As MassGuy says, especially in a case where the body has been found, this case has an unbelievable lack of publically-known facts. I was thinking that LE had more and was closing in but if we don't hear something next week I'm going to start thinking they don't.

Every theory is really valid at this point. I have my own favorite but it's purely speculation and not for public consumption. I'll just have to wait and see.

there hasn’t been any tangible proof that PH was at the Tin Roof, other than the word of the co-worker. I do not believe an independent source has come forward about seeing her that night at the Tin Roof.

I had mentioned this much earlier in this thread. Of all the people at the TR bar, including staff, it is absolutely amazing I've not seen any evidence of her being there at all. Have you?

Sheesh, in this day and age, if your dog steps in a mud puddle a pic gets posted up online.

So does the true factual timeline end with where her car was parked?

Has there been a gag order placed on all parties in the know?

Indeed, the word of the coworker is what the majority of the speculation is about, and is it not that coworker who has counsel indicating LE has stated the coworkers non involvement in the death?

Chuck, great points.
Also, I think the fact that no one from the bar has come forward is very telling.
As we often say, what people don't say is sometimes as important as what they do say.
I'm in agreement with you in that she was there.

I had mentioned this much earlier in this thread. Of all the people at the TR bar, including staff, it is absolutely amazing I've not seen any evidence of her being there at all. Have you?

Sheesh, in this day and age, if your dog steps in a mud puddle a pic gets posted up online.

Indeed, the word of the coworker is what the majority of the speculation is about, and is it not that coworker who has counsel indicating LE has stated the coworkers non involvement in the death?

BBM
Would you mind clarifying? Are you saying that the co-workers word is credible?

BBM
Would you mind clarifying? Are you saying that the co-workers word is credible?

I didn't say the co-workers word is credible.

Going back to the beginning, it appears that it is a witness statement, or statements(s) that led to the current, albeit limited, information available.....that PH's car was parked where it was, that PH was at the bar, that she left with two HSBM, that she texted the infamous text.

The only other thing to me that would bring another potential party in to the mix is the seeming fact that a tip, or tips, were what led to finding PH's body.

I didn't say the co-workers word is credible.

Going back to the beginning, it appears that it is a witness statement, or statements(s) that led to the current, albeit limited, information available.....that PH's car was parked where it was, that PH was at the bar, that she left with two HSBM, that she texted the infamous text.

The only other thing to me that would bring another potential party in to the mix is the seeming fact that a tip, or tips, were what led to finding PH's body.
Yes...very true. Thanks for clarifying.

Since the bar and the band don't have any pictures on their web sites from 12/20, I wonder if they were asked by LE not to post anything from that night. Maybe they decided on their own to minimize their involvement or reduce potential liability (the bar). Some companies don't allow employees to speak to the media. They use a spokesperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420