Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sad either way.
She might have lost her battle with drug addiction...at the young age of 29! All of us would agree that its
way. too. young.
OR, of course, she could have met with foul play since she was buried in a small hole. It doesn't sound like the perps took much time to hide her. They were in a hurry.
BUT with LE not calling it a homicide, I'm starting to wonder if it really was....

The only other thing to me that would bring another potential party in to the mix is the seeming fact that a tip, or tips, were what led to finding PH's body.

Imo, the tip could bring another party to be investgated by LE or simply an eyewitness, by how quiet LE is about the tip, (tip in young Abby's disappearance, missing NC girl, was dropped asap to the public that she was seen getting into a vehicle, and tipsters name was kept private), to be an outsider. It led to PH's burial grounds. It could have been a property owner in the area who noticed headlights or a car with no headlights, a make and model of a car late night driving, to a particular house or a neighbor at the apartment complex who witnessed coming and goings from where PH's car was left.

I really hope this case does not end up as another case, Ellen Greenberg, whose fiance had big lawyer connections in his family and powerful attorney friends of the family other 'witnesses' do not have the luxury of these connections . The homicide report on autopsy was changed to, suicide by one stabbing themselves in a frenzied attack, overkilling oneself, with self inflicted 20 stab wounds +. This lovely fiance did not find a new place to live away from the gruesome suicide scene, while 'grieving,' and moved a new girl in 6 months later. The case is now being reopened, after many years have gone by.

Imo, money, connections, can persuade bizzare and unbelievable closures to a case. This is my concern regarding Paighton Houston's case. For all we know, the tipster could have called in on an untracable line and said they witnessed PH harm herself and dig her own grave and lie in it, if the police bought the well connected fiance's words in the above case, then imo, anything is possible.

I am in agreeance with others, that this is one unique and extremely frustrating case, far different than any others with very few to no facts, that have been stated publicly.

If the case goes cold, with no substancial reporting and site of PH or 2 Black suspects? witnesses? (nothing further stated by LE about these 2 men) at the Tin Roof, this case could be used by other defense attorneys as an example for criminal clients, in other cases, who choose a random busy bar and state they were there the entire time a crime was being committed, as always, they are innocent until proven guilty, so this case could burden proof, in a circumstanial case, and be used to prove an iron clad alibi, even with no forthcoming witnesses, no bar patron witnesses, no cameras to validate the alibi, and no bar employees able to account and prove alibi, wiping out all of future prosecuters having any reason to doubt the claim of whereabouts, against a defendent's claim and alibi. JMO I would use it as a defense attorney, pulling the above case for example, if my client said they were hanging at a bar during the timeframe of a crime being committed, and no camera lenses, bar tenders, and patrons could corroberate they were, imo so unfit and so ill equiped, then the glove don't fit, and you jury must acquit!

Last edited:
Just my thoughts on the co-worker being represented. I am well aware of how lawyers operate.
The statement put out by this persons attorney does not make me go hmmm. I'm for the most part a very logical thinker. He says, this person is very young. How young he doesn't say, but even if it's 25-30, I can imagine how intimidating it could be to be questioned by authorities.
Even if your not guilty of anything, and especially if those authorities have little or no information to go on and your the last known contact that they can set in a room and question.
It is also stated that this attorney was asked by the persons father, to step in and navigate this for her. I can imagine doing the same for my daughter if she were in this situation. This also for me at least gives some indication of the family saying that the story had changed. Between friends, co-workers, acquaintances, or people you may occasionally have a drink with or run into at the same places, I can only imagine that me thinking a person of almost 30 yoa regardless of history, may not want their parents knowing what they are doing. Even if it was just drinking. To me this makes perfect sense. I have pondered some of the family's responses regarding PH's character, and what I see, or at least surmise from life experience, is that sometimes family thinks more highly of their sons and daughters than what or how they are living. As previously stated, no one deserves to die. Not even the worst of us. It is not my place to judge. Only my opinion as to why statements like "she would never" were put out. I would consider those with caution absent of a history of heroin use because, "My child would never" is a pretty common phrase thrown around by most. The truth is that we sometimes don't know our children as we think we do or we would like to believe that it's true even though we know it's not, or even as a matter of just not wanting the rest of the world to think poorly of them. At some point if asked, most parents would say "My child would never do heroin.

Attorney refutes social media 'bashers' attacking friend of Paighton Houston

Last edited:
I haven’t read every single post on this case, but I have been following it from the start. I just want to throw a couple of items out for consideration that I haven’t seen discussed thus far (perhaps they have and I just missed them - my apologies it that is the case)

1) I believe the account that she was at the bar and was seen leaving as stated. I say this for two reasons. If I’m not mistaken, a few of the very early reports stated she was seen leaving on surveillance video. I believe that information to be true. However, it was later stated that there was no useful information found on the surveillance video FROM THE TR. My opinion, everyone therefore assumed there was no video proof. To me, it doesn’t disqualify the original statement, it simply means that the video was obtained prior from a source other than the TR.

2) I don’t believe the original statements would have been released purely from the missing persons report. People go to bars and parties all the time and it’s not uncommon for individuals to find themselves at after parties where all sorts of illegal activities could be taking place - and it’s not uncommon for those that use harder drugs to drop completely from radar for several days. In this case, especially given PH past, I’m quite sure that LE would verify enough of the story to be concerned about the situation before releasing ANY INFORMATION to the public.

3) Lastly, I’m still not sure what to make of the statement that she left with two UNKNOWN males. My question is - unknown to whom?
The fact that the witness didn’t recognize the two males does not mean that they were unknown to PH. If witnessed from across the bar... how would anyone know whether PH knew them or not?
(and playing devils advocate, maybe they were unknown to PH, but known to the witness(es)

I know there are a lot of rumors out there, some of which would make us question whether or not she was at the bar, and some of those may be true. However, most of those rumors could have come into play AFTER PH left the bar that evening - and that’s ASSUMING any of the rumors are true.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but I just wanted to add a couple of possibilities to the conversation.
Regardless of how it all unfolds, it is such a heartbreaking and senseless end to a young woman's life, that by all accounts, had a very promising future that was unfairly cut very short. My prayers to her family and to all that knew her.

Last edited:
Attorney refutes social media 'bashers' attacking friend of Paighton Houston[/QUOTE]

"I have pondered some of the family's responses regarding PH's character, and what I see, or at least surmise from life experience, is that sometimes family thinks more highly of their sons and daughters than what or how they are living.

Is this thread the 'co worker defenses page,' or is it Paighton Houston's and her family's thread? Imo, your complete and utter confidence in some ghost like enigma of a co worker witness, and pondering against the 'dead victims,' family is appalling. Perhaps Daddy thinks too highly of his dear co worker daughter?

The criminal defense attorney stated he was hired 'solely,' to facilitate communications between his client and the police.

Yet, he went on to blabber about nonsense imo, that was not included in his job description, imo.

Just my thoughts on the co-worker being represented. I am well aware of how lawyers operate.
The statement put out by this persons attorney does not make me go hmmm. I'm for the most part a very logical thinker. He says, this person is very young. How young he doesn't say, but even if it's 25-30, I can imagine how intimidating it could be to be questioned by authorities.
Even if your not guilty of anything, and especially if those authorities have little or no information to go on and your the last known contact that they can set in a room and question.
It is also stated that this attorney was asked by the persons father, to step in and navigate this for her. I can imagine doing the same for my daughter if she were in this situation. This also for me at least gives some indication of the family saying that the story had changed. Between friends, co-workers, acquaintances, or people you may occasionally have a drink with or run into at the same places, I can only imagine that me thinking a person of almost 30 yoa regardless of history, may not want their parents knowing what they are doing. Even if it was just drinking. To me this makes perfect sense. I have pondered some of the family's responses regarding PH's character, and what I see, or at least surmise from life experience, is that sometimes family thinks more highly of their sons and daughters than what or how they are living. As previously stated, no one deserves to die. Not even the worst of us. It is not my place to judge. Only my opinion as to why statements like "she would never" were put out. I would consider those with caution absent of a history of heroin use because, "My child would never" is a pretty common phrase thrown around by most. The truth is that we sometimes don't know our children as we think we do or we would like to believe that it's true even though we know it's not, or even a matter just not wanting the rest of the world to think poorly of them. At some point if asked, most parents would say "My child would never do heroin.

Attorney refutes social media 'bashers' attacking friend of Paighton Houston
I get why he released the statement. Terrible what’s happening to this girl. I just wish he didn’t disclose her name. I never knew it till he did. Still wish I didn’t. Just don’t think I needed to until more facts were released. When the truth about what happened to PH comes out and ends up having absolutely nothing to do with his client SM bashers would have forgotten her. But he just forever linked her by name.

"I have pondered some of the family's responses regarding PH's character, and what I see, or at least surmise from life experience, is that sometimes family thinks more highly of their sons and daughters than what or how they are living.

Is this thread the 'co worker defenses page,' or is it Paighton Houston's and her family's thread? Imo, your complete and utter confidence in some ghost like enigma of a co worker witness, and pondering against the 'dead victims,' family is appalling. Perhaps Daddy thinks too highly of his dear co worker daughter?

The criminal defense attorney stated he was hired 'solely,' to facilitate communications between his client and the police.

Yet, he went on to blabber about nonsense imo, that was not included in his job description, imo.[/QUOTE]

Pondering against the family? It's human nature. You can fight it and sometimes emotion are too soft. Just because they are related to a a victim, does not make them superhuman, or unlike any normal human being in how parents view their children. Nor is it a smear, by any stretch of the imagination. "Perhaps Daddy thinks too highly of his dear co worker daughter?" Just as possible, yet with no relevant verifiable information to back it up. The fact that the sarcasm shows heavily in the way you wrote dear co worker daughter, just shows bias against that person. You would almost have to know a person to dislike them that much. Please don't take my opinions so seriously. They are just that. Opinions.

"Perhaps Daddy thinks too highly of his dear co worker daughter?" Just as possible, yet with no relevant verifiable information to back it up.
There is more revelant verifiable information, that to which was conclusively provided, to form my own personal assumptions, by this witness's hired criminal defense attorney, who mentioned he was hired by his client's daddy, my statement, that was written with, no sarcasm. I used Daddy, a synonom to Dad, Father, Daddio, and so forth, to fit the scenerio, the criminal defense attorney has set up for others to percieve a woman in her 20s, as if she were 13 years of age, imo.

If she is such a close and 'great,' friend of PH, imo, plus all that has been mentioned of the good character plus the utter mindfulness and collectiveness of this family remaining calm and cool, in light of all the bashing Paighton Houston's rep, which has been shredded to pieces on MSM comment boards, which, supercede in ugliness, imo, to that of the star witness, to which it is made seen, as if it is suspicious notations, of Paighton Houston's family, it is, imo, they would have called for a public nationally news addressed press conference to specifically tell these bashers to back off the totally innocent and very important star witness in their daughter's potential future homicide prosecutional case, all my opinion, of course.

The only further fact I have seen, is a witness, having hired a criminal defense attorney. Imo, if someone's rep was the only worry, and was unproven bs mentioned on SM, a family attorney, not criminal defense attorney, would be a better choice, and imo, cause less communication problems for LE, and less eyebrows raised by LE. A family attorney could set forth much clearer, more mindful, and simply superior media letters, addressing the issues, with more experience in this part of law, than that of a criminal defense attorney. Plus, it would not raise the eyebrows or highlight my existense to a potential future State Prosecuter for whom there is no love lost between them and Criminal Defense Attorney's, imo.

Since the bar and the band don't have any pictures on their web sites from 12/20, I wonder if they were asked by LE not to post anything from that night. Maybe they decided on their own to minimize their involvement or reduce potential liability (the bar). Some companies don't allow employees to speak to the media. They use a spokesperson.

I doubt the lack of pics have to do with being asked by LE not to post - only because - pics of that night would have normally already been posted (at least by patrons, who tag & post their current location), before PH was ever reported missing. The band was supposed to play Friday night and PH wasn't reported missing until her dad and brother learned about the text from the night before, and went to the police station to report her missing, sometime after breakfast, on the 21st. (the MSM links to all of that info have been posted many times). I do have to wonder though, if patrons of the bar that night did share their pics with LE, in effort to assist with the investigation, and at least possibly ID the 2 men she allegedly left with.

Just some random thoughts.

Officers believe Houston willingly left the Tin Roof bar with two heavy set black men on Friday, December 20, based on information provided in the missing persons report.

This is the original account and release of info straight from LE, that has been used in further articles and rearranged with reckless regard, depending on the writer of piece and/or their editor. The importance of the latter part of this statement was left off for unknown reasons by these authors, and twisted and turned in unethical fashion, which a civil suit can be well formed once all truth, facts, and finding are finally, (inhale-exhale relief for all in wait, a feeling of relief for those breathlessly waiting for justice, a relief Paighton was denied and that was another breath after her last one) released, and PH can finally rip and Paighton Houston's family, the other victims in this case, can finally grieve in peace, with the knowledge, of whomever, made a nasty makeshift grave for their dead daughter, is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, even with only circumstantial evidence and no COD able to be for certain, because the suspect chose to bury Paighton Houston in a dirty nasty grave, to rot and decompose possibly enough to hide the true COD. If I were Paighton's mother, my wishes would be for capital murder in the first degree to be charged, against whomever touched one of my daughters, and I myself, if suspected as the evil doer, I would go hunt down the best Criminal Defense Attorney I could afford, all of this is in my opinion of course. There have been plenty of capital murder case won by prosecution and a body has never been found or direct DNA, or evidence leading to the suspect except false stories, alibis, change of stories, and suspicious behavoirs.

It
Reporter said authorities have a pretty good handle on what happened and have for sometime. Waiting for body to be found & now for test results. My interpretation of interview.

Reposting from my post #580 Also in this interview reporter says at least up until the time her body was found police had not changed their story she left the bar with strangers.

It

Reposting from my post #580 Also in this interview reporter says at least up until the time her body was found police had not changed their story she left the bar with strangers.

Officers believe Houston willingly left the Tin Roof bar with two heavy set black men on Friday, December 20, based on information provided in the missing persons report.
This is how facts get separated and forms fiction, it is not the police's 'story,' it never was their story. It is the only lead from 'hearsay only,' off a missing person report. LE further dropped, days after this statement, that nothing on camera or from the Tin Roof has provided them with ANYTHING useful to this case. And if PH was spotted at the Tin Bar, time of arrival, departure, or these men proven to have been patrons, it would be helpful toward the case, imo.

I am wondering if Drugs might be involved in relation to G and though might be innocent of P's disappearance, some things might be incriminating for her if she shares the full story.

Also any possibility the person who put P there is the one that actually sent in the tip and LE does not know who?

I didn't say the co-workers word is credible.

Going back to the beginning, it appears that it is a witness statement, or statements(s) that led to the current, albeit limited, information available.....that PH's car was parked where it was, that PH was at the bar, that she left with two HSBM, that she texted the infamous text.

The only other thing to me that would bring another potential party in to the mix is the seeming fact that a tip, or tips, were what led to finding PH's body.
Crime Stoppers tips ‘very helpful’ in Paighton Houston investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member