TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the wording -

"preventing her liberation by holding her in a place where she was not likely to be found; specifically, inside a black duffel bag in the trunk of a parked vehicle."
Did you get this from the AW pdf or a media report?
edited to add SS

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200111-221534_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200111-221534_Chrome.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 20
@Alethea what does this mean?

Double mens rea (in #685 post)

thanks so much!
Just want to let you know I'm not Alethea - as our usernames are very similar, I think it may have seemed we were the same.

She can answer much better, but for now, mens rea means:

Mens rea (/ ˈ m ɛ n z ˈ r iː ə /; Law Latin for "guilty mind") is the mental element of a person's intention to commit a crime; or knowledge that one's action or lack of action would cause a crime to be committed. (Some examples are intention, recklessness, and knowledge.)

See also Actus Reus - Principles of Criminal Liability | Causation (Law) | Mens Rea

Double mens rea: showing double intent to do the act of defeating justice, and also having knowledge that the result will be defeating justice.

Last edited:
Although, if you rarely if ever shut your phone off but shut if off during the commission of a crime, that is an indicator you may have been up to something nefarious. Anything out of the ordinary is a flag, maybe not a big red flag but a flag nevertheless. JMHO
Yep. I’d leave it on and leave it at home. Though even that would be suspicious if hours went by and I didn’t make or answer any calls nor text anyone. It’s hard to imagine how anyone gets away with murdering someone they know anymore.

JAN 11, 2020
Christian Life Austin church bids farewell to Heidi Broussard
The church family, as well as family and friends, of Heidi Broussard said goodbye to the Austin mother on Saturday afternoon.

Christian Life Church in South Austin is where Broussard spent several Sundays, often taking pictures at the church photo booth, her pastor Rex Johnson said.

“Heidi Broussard loved God. She loved family. She loved her kids. She loved her fiancé sitting here,” Johnson said. “Death may end lives, but it can never end relationships. It can end the physical, but it'll never end the spiritual.”

[...]

The picture that’s been seen around the world of Broussard in front of a green foliage background was taken in the church lobby. It’s where Johnson said Broussard took weekly pictures to show off her progress as she was pregnant with baby Margot.

[...]

“Heidi, we bid you farewell. We don't say goodbye; we just say goodnight, 'cause we'll see you in the morning. God bless you,” Johnson said.

Last edited:
Interesting. "Point of data statements". Anyone know what that means?

It's "point of data statements obtained from witnesses,....". This is an ongoing investigation and if investigators had leads they'd not been able to follow up on yet the last thing they'd want is to have their statements influenced by information released. Also, the same applies to any suspect -- investigators would not want them to know what information they had.

Thank you. The map really helps!

Do we know where MF’s car was when Heidi walked to it?
I believe MF's car was where the "X" is on that image.

The car that showed up, where MF got into the front passenger's seat, and where a woman with a baby (not necessarily Heidi) got into the back seat - was between buildings 7 and 8.

Heidi's car.jpg

Yes, I see now that Heidi looks to be wearing the purse strapped across her at the school.

purse-and-wallet-png.220742

link in post #587

iu

Search continues after Austin woman and 3-week-old baby mysteriously disappear

Brilliant -- this has been a huge interest to me. Thank you for finding this picture. :)

The purse in the car has been bothering me too. Before we knew MF was the culprit I envisioned Heidi starting to get into the car when some non-threatening someone interrupted and she stepped over to talk to them. Since she didn’t have the baby I hypothesized she left the baby with someone she trusted while she ran a quick errand.
But if Heidi brought the baby to the car from the back by the pool area the purse in the unlocked car makes no sense.

If MF had an accomplice I can see Heidi asking MF to watch Margot while HB ran to the store to get items on her shopping list and the accomplice being the person who interrupted her when she was getting into the car. Then MF bringing the baby to the car, but it doesn’t explain why she would come from the back of the building.

I’m well aware that most of you think MF bringing the baby to the car is a preposterous theory in part because the person with the baby came from behind the building. After seeing the map I understand why. But the purse in the unlocked car is a loose end that bugs me and IMO the “quick errand” theory explains it best.

If anyone’s interested in playing “what if” with me, what was in the common area that might have given MF reason to go back there? (For ex: HB asking her to get the mail).

While I did not include this on my list -- SC states the apartment door was also unlocked when he arrived home from work (but not unusual). With victim missing and both car and apt doors unlocked it seems like a set up to me -- misleading police with the appearance of forced abduction.

However, I think SC meant it was not unusual that he didn't have to unlock door to enter the apartment when occupied. I don't imagine HB made a habit of leaving the apartment door unlocked when she left the property to do errands and nobody else home.

Couple the purse left inside unlocked car and apartment door unlocked and I'm at a wall. :eek:

ETA:
Suspect attempting to paint the picture of a forced abduction did not count on a witness coming forward to say she saw HB willingly get in MF's car and drive away.

Last edited:
While I did not include this on my list -- SC states the apartment door was also unlocked when he arrived home from work. With victim missing and both car and apt doors unlocked it seems like a set up to me -- misleading police with the appearance of forced abduction.

However, I think SC meant it was not unusual that he didn't have to unlock door to enter the apartment when occupied. I don't imagine HB made a habit of leaving the apartment door unlocked when she left the property to do errands and nobody else home.

Couple the purse left inside unlocked car and apartment door unlocked and I'm at a wall. :eek:
This reminds me - SC said he gave MF the apartment key from Heidi's keyset. (I think I read in AW?)

So - did Heidi not have a key to the apartment after that, since MF didn't return the key?

More about this murder that causes me to pause:

I believe HB was killed on Dec 12, 2019 - the day she was reported missing.

HB's body was discovered 7 days later inside the trunk of MF's vehicle - concealed inside a duffel bag.

Keeping a decomposing body in the trunk of your vehicle parked in your driveway is absolutely nuts!

How long did MF expect to hold on to HB's decomposing body inside her car?

It's almost like MF could not let go of HB yet at the same time she's screaming to be caught red-handed with her body.

Does this feed the scenario where somebody else strangled HB and MF is the accomplice that was charged with disposing of HB's body which she was yet to pull off?

Was there a third adult (driver?) inside the car with MF when HB collected at the apartment?

:eek::eek::eek:

I believe MF's car was where the "X" is on that image.

The car that showed up, where MF got into the front passenger's seat, and where a woman with a baby (not necessarily Heidi) got into the back seat - was between buildings 7 and 8.

Heidi's car.jpg
I recall that UnderstandBlue had explained that the X actually represented where Heidi's car was parked, and MF's car was likely stopped right behind the cars we see parked behind Building 7.

While I did not include this on my list -- SC states the apartment door was also unlocked when he arrived home from work. With victim missing and both car and apt doors unlocked it seems like a set up to me -- misleading police with the appearance of forced abduction.

well, unlocked door indicated she only intended to be out for a minute or two..? Surprise attack.

Tortoise said:
this is the wording - "preventing her liberation by holding her in a place where she was not likely to be found; specifically, inside a black duffel bag in the trunk of a parked vehicle."

Unfortunately, while I've tried to think of alternative meanings to that statement, I can't think of one, aside from your explanation. I just never dared to post it before.

It's horrible to think, but what else could it mean? A dead body can't liberate itself.
I’m holding out hope that they’re saying that because she hasn’t been charged with murder yet. And since there’s no charge indicating she’s anything but alive yet they didn’t have to determine at what point she died to make kidnapping stick.

It will be horrible if we learn she was tied up, zipped in the duffle bag then rode around in the trunk and was left there for a while before someone (IMO MF) came back and unzipped the bag to strangle her. Since ME says she died by strangulation, I assume she was gone immediately after they wrapped the ligature around her neck and pulled.

It’s ghastly just typing that.

This reminds me - SC said he gave MF the apartment key from Heidi's keyset. (I think I read in AW?)

So - did Heidi not have a key to the apartment after that, since MF didn't return the key?
I also thought about that but since HB's mom and dad had also been staying with HB I think there had to be a 3rd key.

well, unlocked door indicated she only intended to be out for a minute or two..? Surprise attack.
Both the appearance of a surprise attack from the apartment or appearance of surprise abduction from HB's vehicle-- and not counting on a witness to see HB willingly get inside the vehicle with HB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member