Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrest at gunpoint
By Tuesday, police had built enough of a case against Mawhinney to charge him with conspiracy in Jennifer Farber Dulos’ murder.

A receptionist in Mawhinney’s Bloomfield office said that Mawhinney was in a meeting with clients when she arrived about 8 a.m., and that sometime after that — she couldn’t recall the time — Fotis Dulos’s caller ID showed up on the phone while she was on another call. She said Dulos did not leave a message, but sources said that Dulos did call Mawhinney back and talk to him that morning before Dulos was arrested.
Dulos, with his lawyer present, was arrested at his Farmington home by late morning. Mawhinney was not arrested until hours later at gunpoint off Exit 68 from I-84 in Tolland.

In court last week, Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo wondered who it was that alerted Mawhinney, telling Superior Court Judge John Blawie that state police had to track his cellphone to eventually find him.

“Mawhinney, having heard about this warrant, did evade state police. He was actually found up by the Massachusetts border,” Colangelo said.

I will forever remain stunned that the women in her family, supposedly civilised beings (psychologists, for goodness’ sake), could behave as reprehensibly as they repeatedly did outside court.

I have no issue with families of accused/criminal offspring being there, quietly, at court. So many times parents in those situations, IMO, have been automatically maligned by the public. A little more public compassion, or at least reserve, might reveal the families’ sorrow for the victims and their respect for the judicial and penitential processes.

The Arreaza Troconis coven, however, by virtue of their flamboyant performances, have signalled the most extraordinary and, IMO, unforgivable disrespect for Jennifer and her family. They seemed to have reigned it in somewhat at the last appearance, but their true colours are un-erasbly captured for the world to see.
Love your word “coven”.
You are exactly right .. reign it in Troconis clan .
Every time you walk into court ( even if you believe your sister is innocent) show some respect for a mother who was murdered and refrain from smiling .
Their giggling and laughing is nauseating and disrespectful. Doubt they would be giggling if it was their daughter /sister That had been murdered.

I agree. What’s his defense to these people? How does he justify to them every thing we know so far? Are they really going to be shocked when he’s found guilty! I’m sorry, but when there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Given that some of the most newsworthy trials in CT and NYC have taken as long as 5 years to go to trial, FD riddle me this!
-Where are you going to live once the bank takes your big mansion that doesn't belong to you away?
-How is going to feel when your two oldest children, who will be 18, are sitting in the front row of the courtroom, staring you down, waiting for justice for their mom. Think of all the horrid details they get to read about what you did to JD, if they aren't already reading about them now. If anything, they
are going to give you the worst judgment when all this comes to an end!

Norm Pattis is super well-respected around here (Connecticut). I have a professor at Yale who was saying that NP understands justice in a way most people don’t, and he is typically smarter than most people around him at trial. A Yale Law professor who has been following the case told me that NP as FD’s lawyer gives him the absolute greatest opportunity to be acquitted.
Eh. If NP is super well-respected in CT, not sure what that says about CT. And really? NP understands justice in a way most people don't? Can a statement be any more elitist? WT[REDACTED]! Most college professors in all fields are sitting in their ivory towers, out of touch with common sense and love to champion the rights of dirtbags. I would like to know of a case where the evidence could actually go either way and if NP has ever won such a case. I've known bombastic loudmouths(I know, redundant for emphasis)and the people who love them. They're disgusting and not to be admired. MOO.

Mobilize all we can but until
elected officials in any position ACT in the best interests of citizens, nothing will change. If they don’t act, mobilize to replace them with someone who will act.
NP, as much as I dislike his actions, ACTS in the best interests of his clients. He does EVERYTHING in his power to act on behalf of his clients. He’d be a great judge. No Nonsense Norm.
Haha!

I love you @Midwestmom2019 and respect your POV but IMO Atty. P. as a Judge EVEN IN THE WILD WILD WEST COURTS OF CT is simply a very long bridge TOO FAR!

My guess is that if this was the chosen career path of Atty. P. that he would not have made all the choices he has made in over the course of his practice. Atty. P.'s 'ship has sailed' long ago IMO to a seat on any Court.

Even the rogues gallery of CT Judges I'm not sure there is room for Atty. P.'s selective understanding and practice of the law broadly defined IMO! I'm sadly not sure Atty. P. has respect for the law and he certainly IMO hasn't demonstrated respect for procedure and rules in the State of CT or CT State Bar either. IMO we need Judges willing to enforce the law, not flaunt the edges of exiting laws.

Sorry but this is the most diplomatic I can be on this topic.

MOO!

Arrest at gunpoint
By Tuesday, police had built enough of a case against Mawhinney to charge him with conspiracy in Jennifer Farber Dulos’ murder.

A receptionist in Mawhinney’s Bloomfield office said that Mawhinney was in a meeting with clients when she arrived about 8 a.m., and that sometime after that — she couldn’t recall the time — Fotis Dulos’s caller ID showed up on the phone while she was on another call. She said Dulos did not leave a message, but sources said that Dulos did call Mawhinney back and talk to him that morning before Dulos was arrested.
Dulos, with his lawyer present, was arrested at his Farmington home by late morning. Mawhinney was not arrested until hours later at gunpoint off Exit 68 from I-84 in Tolland.

In court last week, Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo wondered who it was that alerted Mawhinney, telling Superior Court Judge John Blawie that state police had to track his cellphone to eventually find him.

“Mawhinney, having heard about this warrant, did evade state police. He was actually found up by the Massachusetts border,” Colangelo said.[/QUOTE]

That’s juicy .
So, now we know it was FD who tipped off KM and this illustrates that they are still in cahoots with each other . KM won’t flip .

Odd that FD would call KM’s office phone.
I’m Guessing KM wasn’t answering his cell so, FD frantically called his office phone in hopes of giving him a heads up .

Last edited:
Wasn’t that a Columbo episode? Two men helping each other get rid of their wives. One was the mastermind (except Fd is not a mastermind) and the other basically a puppet?
Looking at the timing it seems very possible. Fd tried to get KM’s STBX to his house in May and Jennifer goes missing in the same month. Sounds
line a rather convenient coincidence. MOO
The movies ‘Strangers on a Train’ and later ‘Throw Momma From the Train’

Thanks, @afitzy. This case has infuriated me from the outset. I had not seen those two articles. Fd is such an arrogant con-artist. So typical of a covert narcissist. Be so sweet and respectful to the parents of a woman he's secretly emotionally manipulating so they will be so generous in return. No way do I believe Mr. Farber made any "agreement" to give Fd money with no expectation of a return nor do I believe Fd gave Mr. Farber any money to invest.

JMO
IMO Jennifer's father was no dummy. He knew what FD was- a gold digger- and he also knew he could have more influence over the situation if FD was on the hook to him for lots of money. Before Mr. Farber died, FD was already having an affair with MT. In fact, Weinstein did a masterful job of bringing out that this affair began at least a year or more than I had previously been thought. That was the moment in the trial when one of FD's lawyers's (Mr. Patter?) put his head in his hands during the testimony.

I would have been concerned, too, because the timing of that affair totally destroys the "we just grew apart" horse hockey FD spewed in those TV interviews. Got to love an arrogant defendant who won't talk to LE to help locate his missing wife, but who sings like a canary in front of a camera. Those televised interviews will be seen by the jury IMO, as I see no legal basis for their exclusion. Dulos' B.S. about the genesis of the divorce and how well he and Jennifer were getting along is directly contrary to the established evidence, which is that JD left because of the affair, that she knew she was risking her life to do so, and that he continued his efforts to control Jennifer and conceal his continued financial fraud during the divorce proceedings.

So, the truth is that FD was getting funded by Farber's money as a loan, having an affair, and then Mr. Farber got sick. How long he was ill before he passed away I do not know, but his illness surley lessened his ability to make FD toe the line. When Mr. Farber eventually died, all constraints were taken, at least in FD's sick way of thinking, taken off FD. IMO, it is not until Mr. Farber's death that the affair came to light. Given FD's disrespect for women (a disrespect his lawyers appear to share), he never dreamed JD would not acquiesce to his demands of a two woman harem, paid for with Farber money.

This theory is consistent with what MT told LE, namely that FD couldn't believe that JD "was doing this to him", or words to that effect, regarding the divorce. MT also told LE that the two of them "fought constantly" about the ongoing divorce; there was also the statement about sometimes wishing JD "would just disappear." Those particular statements to LE are powerful trial evidence, at least against MT; a Supreme Court case called Bruton may preclude their admissibility at Dulos' trial. (If MT testifies against FD, however, Bruton will be a non-issue because she will be testifying directly about those conversations). They nonetheless confirm to LE that the divorce was the subject of great consternation to Dulos.

FD thought JD was going to roll over and give him everything he wanted, even after she learned of the affair. IMO, he spent years emotionally abusing Jennifer, so he never dreamed she would stand up for herself. When she did, he used every available opportunity to harass and threaten her legally. Realizing JD had enough fire power and determination to prevent him from getting his hands on the Farber money, money he believed he was ENTITLED to, he began planning her murder. IMO those plans were in the works for weeks, if not months, or longer.

The other thing that stands out is FD's efforts to involve MT, KM and even his EE, in this murder, although the EE refused to be a part of any of it. That EE is an absolute hero in IMO, because he withstood tremendous pressure by Dulos to destroy critical evidence. Had EE done so, FD would then have used EE's help as an insurance policy against EE cooperating with LE. In any event, FD was quite skilled at manipulating others to do his dirty work, even when they weren't even aware of what that dirty work was, as is established by the way he coerced his EE to swap out those seats.

Did he do the same with KM, get him initially involved in some vague pre-planning and then use that pre-planning to get him in the fold and keep him quiet? Why a practicing attorney would ever allow himself to be a part of any of this is beyond me. I believe KM has some sort of substance abuse problem, which has been documented during his bitterly fought divorce. Was he also in dire financial straights and thought conspiring to murder someone's wife was going to solve all his problems? KM is potentially a very damning witness (and no, two criminals do not enjoy an attorney/client privilege to protect discussions about planning a murder, even if one is an attorney working as counsel for the other).

Again, if I am KM's lawyer, I am running to get the first, and possibly only, plea deal in this case. Given the evidence that has not been yet disclosed, the State may have already shut that door. Still, if he is staying silent to protect his good friend and fellow conspirator, he is a fool. FD has spent much of his adult life manipulating others for his own benefit - including the Farbers, his own family of origin, his mistress, his employee, even his lawyers, and who knows who else? KM would do well to remember that he was nothing more than a means to an end to Mr. Dulos, who is now a free man, while KM remains behind bars.

But, I feel certain that Jennifer's father did not get where he was in the business world by being fooled by the likes of a grifter like FD. IMO, Mr. Farber used those loans to keep the Devil in line. Once he was grew seriously ill and died, Dulos threw away any pretense of loving his wife, and instituted a plan he had thought about since he first began his extramarital affair, namely, controlling his wife and kids, denying he owed any money on those loans, and getting his hands on as much Farber money as possible. When those plans actually turned to murder, we may never know unless one of his co-conspirators testifies against him. There is no doubt in my mind, though, that Mr. Farber never "gave" Dulos that money. This lie is one more lie in a sea of lies which will eventually swamp the S.S Dulos.

I wonder about the relevance in AW3 of the EE (PG)’s dirt bike getting a specific mention.

EE went to a third FORE house on the afternoon/evening of 5/24 to retrieve his dirt bike for the weekend.

Why was his bike there in the first place? Had Fd borrowed it at some point when scoping out his preferred transport for the murder?
That is an interesting thought. MOO.

On the morning Fotis Dulos learned he was about to be arrested and charged with the murder of his missing wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, he made a call to his friend Kent Mawhinney.

The South Windsor attorney had become ensnared in the seven-month investigation into Jennifer’s disappearance. Mawhinney — a man with marital problems of his own — has been linked in court records to some of the case’s most sordid details, including questions as to his involvement in stories about potential alibis, a call he allegedly received from Dulos as police say Dulos was discarding bloody evidence in trash bins in May and his connection to a suspected “human grave" at a gun club in East Granby.

Dulos and Mawhinney began their close relationship through business dealings when Mawhinney would handle real estate closings for Dulos’ luxury home building company, Fore Group Inc. They grew closer through the years as both struggled through highly contentious divorces, with Dulos — just days before his own wife disappeared — playing what authorities describe as an active role as a liaison between the Mawhinneys.
He remained jailed late Friday at the Bridgeport Correctional Center on a $2 million bond on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder, while Dulos and his former girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, also arrested on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder, were free after posting multimillion dollar bonds.

Mawhinney’s attorney, Jeremy Donnelly, called the state’s case against his client weak, while Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, is questioning whether Mawhinney’s arrest is a strategy by the state to get leverage against his client.

“I struggle to find the case that the state will eventually prove here to show an agreement and to show a conspiracy,” Donnelly said in arguing for a bond reduction at a court hearing last week. "I don’t think it is a strong case against Mr. Mawhinney.”
Pattis agreed.
Seriously? I’ve read that arrest warrant. I can’t believe anybody signed it,” Pattis said. “It looks like a piece of leverage to get him to flip.”

As investigation into Jennifer Farber Dulos’ disappearance continues, relationship between Fotis Dulos and attorney friend Kent Mawhinney becomes a key issue

I called that one....NP's early arrival set off a bad set of circumstances for KM. Doubt that NP suggested the call...or maybe he did, knowing that KM would act irrationally. NP should be called out on his behavior, again.

Love your word “coven”.
You are exactly right .. reign it in Troconis clan .
Every time you walk into court ( even if you believe your sister is innocent) show some respect for a mother who was murdered and refrain from smiling .
Their giggling and laughing is nauseating and disrespectful. Doubt they would be giggling if it was their daughter /sister That had been murdered.
With you all on this! But the most recent arrest I think gave the 'coven' AND MT a well deserved wake up call. I believe Mama A and sister both wore large sun glasses entering the Courthouse looking somber.

upload_2020-1-12_16-7-17.png

As others have said here, I'm convinced Mama A was running the MT defense team and grossly miscalculated State Atty Colangelo's resolve to achieve justice for JFd as well as most likely not understanding the extent of MT actual possible State and Federal crimes during her time with Fd/FORE.

Hope Mama A is looking for real estate in CT as she no doubt will be coming back to CT IMO for many years to visit her daughter. IMO the attempts by Mama A to possibly 'game' the legal system in CT were cynical and sadly seemed to do nothing but sink MT further into the legal muck at a time when her legal woes were actually escalating.

Tony Terzi Video of MT at Stamford Hospital and Mama A and Sister entering Courthouse:

Troconis taken to Stamford Hospital after posting bond, Dulos released from custody

Bail Hearing video:
MOO

I am only speaking from my own personal experience. It is very hard to be on high alert every minute of every day. For 2 years. Possibilities run thru your mind almost constantly. There are competing stories in your head. He wants me to die, he really wouldn't act on it. You drive down the road looking for his truck and have anxiety when you see one similar. You question if the perceived danger is all in your head. It is very hard to sustain 24/7 vigilance for 2 years. Guard comes down at certain points. I can't speak for Jennifer but it would not surprise me if life sometimes went on as if....IME.
Maybe it was a gradual building of knowledge that FD might try to kill me. To FD wants me dead, IMO.

I wonder about the relevance in AW3 of the EE (PG)’s dirt bike getting a specific mention.

EE went to a third FORE house on the afternoon/evening of 5/24 to retrieve his dirt bike for the weekend.

Why was his bike there in the first place? Had Fd borrowed it at some point when scoping out his preferred transport for the murder?

The EE dirt bike reference was interesting!

The place where EE was storing the bike I believe was Deer Cliff property and as this property has been empty for a long time and has a garage attached to the house, we have seen pictures of FORE Group trailer and construction materials stored there. I believe we have also seen pictures of a small dumpster on the property too at one point. My guess is that this property is used as a general storage shed for FORE even though we also learned in prior AW that Fd/FORE had a Storage Unit at Avon Storage.

MOO

I’m wondering if the picnic in the back yard on the 22nd was pre-planned. He used the outing to Grace Farms and it’s early closure as an excuse to hold dinner in the back yard for the visitation. This way he was able to do last minute casing of the area and access to the garage to prepare for coming in through the woods with his bicycle Friday morning. Probably asked his sons to practice lacrosse catch so he could toss the ball into the woods and volunteer to go fetch it. Not sure if Fd got his poison ivy on the way to Welles or later in disposing of her body. MOO.

What is really really upsetting and scary to me was FD's behavior on the evening of 5/22. What he did (not sure if it was reported to the court) was a violation of the rules.

He was allowed as of early this year three visitations with the children. All needed to be supervised. The Wednesday visits were always to take place from 4:30pm until 7:30pm. This was acknowledged by FD and established. He was not unaware.

LA states that at 4:00pm she and JD were preparing for FD visitation at JD house. Normally, this was not something JD would have agreed to. She only agreed because she Dennis Puebla (the 3rd party observer) had a designee SS, who would be there to monitor FD at all times. The reason given for why it needed to be held at her house was because FD had planned to take the children for his visitation time to Grace Farms in New Canaan for a picnic. He "realized" (cough cough) that Grace Farms was closed at 6:00pm and GAINED permission from JD to have the visitation at 69 Welles Lane to picnic OUTSIDE with the children in the rear yard.

FD was AWARE he was not allowed to enter the property. This includes the driveway leading up to JD's house/garage UNTIL after the 3rd party observer or the 3rd party observer designee entered the property FIRST.

LA said that both she and JD took steps to ensure that FD couldn't/didn't enter the residence while he was there with the kids. They had already placed the food for the picnic on the rear patio table and locked the rear mudroom door to prevent FD from entering the kitchen.

Despite all I just typed above, LA states that 30 minutes before FD was scheduled to arrive (4:30pm) JD came flying down the stairs saying that FD was already there. By the time JD had contacted FD (I take this to mean calling him or texting him via cell phone) FD was ALREADY up the DRIVEWAY and near the garage bays. He claimed "confusion" as to the time of the visit which had already been discussed and confirmed and established WELL in ADVANCE.

I'm not certain if JD reported this violation. I'm not certain what would have happened to FD had she done so. In no way shape or form am I blaming JD, the true victim, for anything at all. What scares me is how much of an illustration of who FD is, how he operates and the terror and frustration that JD had to deal with ever since he obtained visitation earlier this year.

This was just a tiny precursor to the events that followed and I think we all know that FD had his reasons for wanting the visitation at JD house. He needed to be there for his own nefarious reasons. Which we have all speculated and thought about ad nauseum.

Just so terrifying. It gives you a real glimpse into who this guy is and how he ticks. However much he felt he'd been provoked with the lawsuits etc...he was absolutely letting the court and JD know the rules meant nothing. Something we know he'd done in the past to lose visitation with the kids.

LA knew all too well. When she didn't hear from JD all day on the 24th. Finally, when the 4:00 pm call from LA to JD went straight to voicemail she told police in AW3 of FD, "My stomach sank. Feeling like something was wrong. Never in 7 years have I had a hard time reaching Jennifer and never had an issue with her phone being off." When Jennifer is a no show for the children's orthodontics appointment, once leaving, LA told LE she went over multiple scenarios in her mind and said, "Fotis did something." After contacting GF and various friends of JD, she learns no one has heard from her. When she returns to GF apartment, she and JD friend, LW call NCPD to report that JD is missing.

LA was JD's nanny since 2013. She'd been hired by JD and saw goodness only knows what in the years before JD left FD in June of 2017 and goodness knows what in the years afterwords.

Her testimony will be extremely powerful and impactful for a jury as is her knowledge of JD's habits and such.

I am so sorry for JD. FD has shown everyone who he is by murdering and kidnapping his wife. In many ways FD has shown us. The picture that will be painted for the jury will be heartwrenching.
What a powerful statement, and one that shows who Fotis Dulos truly is! This was a cold, calculated and premeditated murder, and that phony visit proves it.

I’m wondering if the picnic in the back yard on the 22nd was pre-planned. He used the outing to Grace Farms and it’s early closure as an excuse to hold dinner in the back yard for the visitation. This way he was able to do last minute casing of the area and access to the garage to prepare for coming in through the woods with his bicycle Friday morning. Probably asked his sons to practice lacrosse catch so he could toss the ball into the woods and volunteer to go fetch it. Not sure if Fd got his poison ivy on the way to Welles or later in disposing of her body. MOO.
Yes, he probably cased the area then.

I forgot about the poison ivy!

What a powerful statement, and one that shows who Fotis Dulos truly is! This was a cold, calculated and premeditated murder, and that phony visit proves it.

And, FD's lies about that visit on television include stating in the NBC video that "Jennifer invited me to play basketball with kids," on the 22nd to something akin to we were getting along much better, and she INVITED me to have dinner with the children in the backyard in the Dateline video. His constant spinning of the events without blinking an eye is amazing. A stone-cold killer and an accomplished liar....FD and NP are both shameless ` MOO...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500