Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not specifically related to religion or area traditions. Given she died in Idaho, lived in Idaho, worked in Idaho at two Idaho schools prior to death, it was strange to me--maybe only to me--that the funeral wasn't here for people to grieve near her open or closed casket first. Then perhaps another service in Utah for the former friends and family that resided there before interment. It just felt rushed without the opportunity for so many who knew her to have closure. It was magnified by Chad's moving out immediately. Then we have the hindsight of all the other facts we know about this combined case.

That is interesting. I have been to many LDS funeral services, and they are full day affairs, even 2 days.

Viewing, the night before, then the next day, another viewing, time to gather with the family, a full church service, memorial, trip to the cemetery, short service, back to church for Relief Society luncheon, or at home, depending. (Side note, best food, ever...usually ham, "funeral potatoes, rolls, jello salad, cakes).

Generally, LDS funerals are lengthy and filled with family members, church members, neighbors.

Interesting, that Tammy's funeral was brief.

Generally, LDS funerals are lengthy and filled with family members, church members, neighbors.

Interesting, that Tammy's funeral was brief.

Yes. My experience as well. I am unaware of the length or additional gatherings that may have taken place in Utah, but the memorial service in Rexburg had no luncheon or other services. Yet, Chad said in the service Tammy considered Salem her home.

Supposedly the kids haven't witnessed anything being send out to the car, or so we heard on the youtube show.
OK... so CV shows up, walks past the kids in the car while holding a baseball bat.... sorry it doesn’t compute. I think that was A lame lie Lori and Alex told LEA so they wouldn’t interview the kids. I IRC Laurie also had them give scripted answers to Kay and Larry during the last FaceTime in August, I believe?

I am trying to figure out exactly why this happened. Anyone think this would be the case in other locations?? If I was Lori or my brother had been Alex - there's no doubt LE would have me and my brother repeatedly interrogated and investigated spit-spot!

Why?!?
It was investigated and determined to be self defence at the time.

Yes. My experience as well. I am unaware of the length or additional gatherings that may have taken place in Utah, but the memorial service in Rexburg had no luncheon or other services. Yet, Chad said in the service Tammy considered Salem her home.
Did the family from Utah come up to Idaho? Was there a full funeral service in the church in Idaho? Did the Relief Society think it was weird not doing a lunch? You mean there was just a service in the cemetery?

I honestly want you to talk to her bishop and Relief Society president and ask them what in heavens name they were thinking. Didn't that send red flags? Dying that young and then no funeral? Tammy was adorable and I am not cool with this. You can PM me.

Clearly at the time of the shooting, which was in Arizona, the driver of the jeep wasn't in Idaho, but had to be in Arizona. Jeep was registered to Charles Vallow. Charles Vallow was dead by the time of the shooting. So the number of people who could have driven the jeep are quite limited. As far as we know, Lori never reported jeep as missing. Would certainly be interesting to know if jeep first made it to Idaho (before the shooting). Because then the number of people who could have driven it really becomes limited.

I remember BB was asked in an on air interview if he recogniczed the shooter/s and he said he'd rather not say but somehow missed this tidbit from a later Justin Lum Fox 10 interview . BBM

"Court documents also say Brandon has been told by investigators not to reveal the names of the shooting suspect or suspects. He does believe the attempt on his life, the disappearance of Joshua and Tylee, as well as Charles Vallow's death, are all connected."

Edited to add link to news storey: Relative of missing children believes attempt on his life is connected to a religious group

Curious about those court documents.

I honestly want you to talk to her bishop and Relief Society president and ask them what in heavens name they were thinking. Didn't that send red flags? Dying that young and then no funeral? Tammy was adorable and I am not cool with this. You can PM me.
I totally don’t get all the LDS relations or norms. But if this is a red flag, would that mean that higher ups (even though no one ever wants to think that I’m sure) COULD be “sympathizers”?

I remember BB was asked in an on air interview if he recogniczed the shooter/s and he said he'd rather not say but somehow missed this tidbit from a later Justin Lum Fox 10 interview . BBM

"Court documents also say Brandon has been told by investigators not to reveal the names of the shooting suspect or suspects. He does believe the attempt on his life, the disappearance of Joshua and Tylee, as well as Charles Vallow's death, are all connected."

Edited to add link to news storey: Relative of missing children believes attempt on his life is connected to a religious group

Curious about those court documents.
And the shooter could have been in disguise... as was the paint baller in ID. That said, Alex’s mysterious death seems to be either suicide or murder, or accidentally ingested his own poison, regardless, any of those scenarios point to his guilt of being involved in a murder .

Did the family from Utah come up to Idaho? Was there a full funeral service in the church in Idaho? Did the Relief Society think it was weird not doing a lunch? You mean there was just a service in the cemetery?

She was interred in Utah I believe.

I totally don’t get all the LDS relations or norms. But if this is a red flag, would that mean that higher ups (even though no one ever wants to think that I’m sure) COULD be “sympathizers”?
It's very very weird. I'm LDS, and not having all the funeral stuff is so weird. I somehow didn't know this before, even though I've read all the threads, and I am really weirded out by this. Maybe Idaho was small and they did the big thing in Springville? I'm not sure. I don't think it has anything to do with "sympathizers" but I sure would like to talk to that Relief Society President.

Yeah, wouldn’t it be nice to hear from the kids exactly how they thought this went down....

we’ve only heard one person, Tylee’s teenage friend, that said “mean and angry” re: Charles. everyone else who knew him had a very different impression. I think that teenagers, especially ones that have been through the stuff Tylee had (estranged from her father, etc.) will see their parents, especially step-parents, as “mean” when they have regular limits. It seems to me like Lori was getting all the credit at times for her husband’s or ex-husband’s generosity - one friend said that Lori flew one of Tylee’s friends from AZ to HI for her, but another source said it was Joseph who did that. Obviously Charles and Joseph were funding Tylee’s lifestyle, and Tylee probably heavily influenced against them both, by Lori.

That's not accurate. Neighbors reported lots of people swimming.
“That day the neighbors reported a pool party at the house, the same day Charles was murdered, with loud music and lots of people swimming."
New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone
I'm going by the landlords personal post about this. Now he may have changed his initial story or msmay have screwed up, but the original story was simply that the neighbors complained of music and yelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member