The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting history in that article. I could see this being proposed in 1810, when the U.S. had declared it's independence from GB, but GB was still hanging around trying to interfere. The War of 1812 finally cleared it up. But I can definitely see why the new US government was shy about allowing U.S. citizens become part of the British nobility without losing their citizenship. There were probably more than a few people working for both sides.

What an interesting time in history! BTW, how many folks had ancestors who fought in those wars? I have quite a few who fought in both the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.

Me! Me! Me! The men of one line took a break from whaling in Stonington, CT for the War, accepted their land grants in Pharsalia & Cortland, New York; west into Michigan, operated a tavern at a crossroads & named a third son Frederick Douglas Laughing in 1863.

Another line arrived on The Mary and John in 1639 & voted in Scituate, MA in 1655.

(Now an Irish line was Sentenced to Transportation, With Family. Somehow managed to land in Rhode Island instead of Australia! Much more recent, just before 1850.)

Thanks for asking, you can tell I love this stuff....

Wanna see my slate roof tile cut from a quarry in Wales?

whoa that pink tiara And I don’t even like pink haha. But it’s stunning
And the big one next to it. Nice

I think its Tiara Time! missing those tiara posts
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2018/02/12/italian-royal-tiaras/#1
( Former Monarchy) Italian Royal Tiaras
124.png

Center photo is Marina, Princess of Naples wearing Queen Margherita's (House of Savoy) Musy Tiara
Left top , in a wedding gown, next to the Princess of Naples, is the Clotilde, Princess of Venice on her wedding day (2003) wearing the Savoy Pink Tourmaline Tiara

oooooo I remember that. I’ve watched many a bride try that style on (yes to the dress) and it’s not easy to pull that off. At. All.

Now there was a beautiful bride. Kate's dress got compared to Graces
View attachment 225639
Grace Kelly and Kate Middleton

Yes !!
That was a beautiful wedding, JMO

Charlotte is my new favorite royal. After the Queen
I do too, lol. Not so fun. Bet Kate finds it hard to eat right with so many social functions.
It’ll be interesting to see if little Charlotte has Kate’s petite frame. She is the cutest thing ever. Moo

I can’t fault mm one bit for this one:):) IMO it isn’t remotely scandal worthy.
But I LOL to see that she wasn’t allowed to phone it in to the Summit for security reasons basically

If it's important to Kate to present herself after delivery, that's fine. She looked great, that's a feat! :D But that doesn't mean every royal woman should do it. But I know how scandalous refusing that is...the ancient old super-important tradition from the absolute medieval year of 1981! :p

But I LOL to see that she wasn’t allowed to phone it in to the Summit for security reasons basically

She could have been there in person.

It was her choice not to bring Archie and do this properly

Last edited:
But Diana created that tradition, while breaking the old tradition. It’s not that big a deal. You don’t see pictures of Elizabeth or her mother on the actual day of the births of their children (at least not that I can find).

HRH Anne, The Princess Royal, Captain Mark Phillips, and newborn Zara on the hospital steps, May 15, 1981.

zara-phillips-tindall-1526392337.jpg

Zara Phillips Didn't Get Her Unique Name from Her Parents, Princess Anne and Mark Phillips

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall expecting their first child

ROYAL-Tindall-112091_743.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-13_22-4-56.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-13_22-4-56.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 20

It wasn't refusing to stand outside the hospital for photos that was the problem as much as it was a changing story about the due date, location of birth, etc. They announced to the news media that she had gone into labor, then later revealed she had already had the baby. There was a lot of "cloak and dagger" and misdirection that seemed unnecessary, JMO. Almost like they were trying to generate more attention while confusing the public. Hadn't seen that before with any event associated with the royal family. ICBW

I'm guessing she wasn't allowed to particiapte in the meeting via speakerphone or mobile phone app because there was no way to determine if the meeting was being recorded or if other parties were listening in. Don't want to see the details of the meeting turn up in the news or tabloids.

It wasn't refusing to stand outside the hospital for photos that was the problem as much as it was a changing story about the due date, location of birth, etc. They announced to the news media that she had gone into labor, then later revealed she had already had the baby. There was a lot of "cloak and dagger" and misdirection that seemed unnecessary, JMO. Almost like they were trying to generate more attention while confusing the public. Hadn't seen that before with any event associated with the royal family. ICBW

I'm guessing she wasn't allowed to particiapte in the meeting via speakerphone or mobile phone app because there was no way to determine if the meeting was being recorded or if other parties were listening in. Don't want to see the details of the meeting turn up in the news or tabloids.
If JM was there still at the freebie mansion then that would be a huge interference listening in on the Crown's private business. MM says the palace leaks but she leaks even more if it tips in her favor...JMO

as a mother of three, the last thing I would want to do is dress up after delivery and pose for pictures.

with the first child I believed the tripe about women having a baby in the field, getting up and going back to work. Of course, women are chattel.

Kate looking better than 99% of women after just delivering gives what message? Truly ridiculous.
I have a bit of a different take on it all. As an older teenager when Will was born and seeing Princess Di on the steps after delivering I felt empowered that she did that... came out into the world before she had her figure back. I’d never seen a postpartum body before and didn’t know you’d still look pg. Now Diana hid it more so than Kate with baggier dresses and I much admired Kate for that too. My grandmother had once talked about how my grandfather hadn’t wanted her to leave the house until her stomach was normal again. And how hard that had been to get into shape as the doctor made her stay in bed for weeks after giving birth. I think it’s progress to see females after baby is born before they are back to normal.

If it's important to Kate to present herself after delivery, that's fine. She looked great, that's a feat! :D But that doesn't mean every royal woman should do it. But I know how scandalous refusing that is...the ancient old super-important tradition from the absolute medieval year of 1981! :p

Future King of England...
Diana started it but I can recall her writing that it was reluctantly, under pressure ? from whom. She stood there smiling for the zillion cameras then got in the car and burst into tears as soon as they were out of sight. Her stitches were so painful.....

I also think, if that’s truthful, then it’s horrible. She shouldn’t have been pressured into that in anyway. Neither should Megan.

I have a bit of a different take on it all. As an older teenager when Will was born and seeing Princess Di on the steps after delivering I felt empowered that she did that... came out into the world before she had her figure back. I’d never seen a postpartum body before and didn’t know you’d still look pg. Now Diana hid it more so than Kate with baggier dresses and I much admired Kate for that too. My grandmother had once talked about how my grandfather hadn’t wanted her to leave the house until her stomach was normal again. And how hard that had been to get into shape as the doctor made her stay in bed for weeks after giving birth. I think it’s progress to see females after baby is born before they are back to normal.

I also think, if that’s truthful, then it’s horrible. She shouldn’t have been pressured into that in anyway. Neither should Megan.

This is a very empowering post.

Thank you

This was a wise move on the part of The Crown

I agree! I think over the years The Crown has had plenty of experience in many sticky situations. I don’t believe any chances would be taken. IMHO ...

I have had three children. The stress on your body of having hormone changes and all of the other changes are huge. Having a baby is major. Every organ. Every blood vessel.

Then of course something larger than normal coming out of you stretching everything.

Pretending that having a baby is nothing is another way women are denigrated. Look! The princess looks perfect!You common woman ! What is wrong with you! Get up! Get dressed! Put on the make up! See, no problem for a real woman.

I have had three children. The stress on your body of having hormone changes and all of the other changes are huge. Having a baby is major. Every organ. Every blood vessel.

Then of course something larger than normal coming out of you stretching everything.

Pretending that having a baby is nothing is another way women are denigrated. Look! The princess looks perfect!You common woman ! What is wrong with you! Get up! Get dressed! Put on the make up! See, no problem for a real woman.

Everyone's experience is different, I guess. I never felt better than when I was pregnant. Thrilled, eating right, glowing. Even the labor and deliveries were not so bad they detracted from the experience. I'd have had six if I hadn't (regretably) waited so long to start because I was busy being "empowered".

I am quite sure I know what William and Harry were talking about when they said the inflammatory talk was dangerous to mental health.

The brothers are advocating for mental health initiatives.

To imply that William bullied Harry out of England is what they find dangerous as bullying is one of the concerns for mental health.

They have seen the dangers of bullying and to think that someone may think it is OK because a Royal does it is tremendously scary

Everyone's experience is different, I guess. I never felt better than when I was pregnant. Thrilled, eating right, glowing. Even the labor and deliveries were not so bad they detracted from the experience. I'd have had six if I hadn't (regretably) waited so long to start because I was busy being "empowered".

yes, I am sure pregnancy was fun for Kate. She was hospitalized for severe nausea. Was that with each child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner