Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t. Alabama spends close to half a billion dollars a year on prisons.

They can offset some of it by work programs, but I imagine it adds up to pennies on the dollar.

It’s private prison corporations that make the profit, but that doesn’t benefit the state. I don’t think they have a big foothold in Alabama anyways.

http://www.doc.state.al.us/docs/AnnualRpts/2018AnnualReport.pdf
They don’t. Alabama spends close to half a billion dollars a year on prisons.

They can offset some of it by work programs, but I imagine it adds up to pennies on the dollar.

It’s private prison corporations that make the profit, but that doesn’t benefit the state. I don’t think they have a big foothold in Alabama anyways.

http://www.doc.state.al.us/docs/AnnualRpts/2018AnnualReport.pdf
Not in my experience in Florida.

What do we know today? Paighton was at a party in Brighton and she somehow died and this person buried her at one of his relatives home in hueytown. We are looking for him. Let's put this on Live Cops

I get the sense that the presser today was not to ask for the public’s help in locating FH - it was to send a message to him and those who know him to turn himself in. Wouldn’t be the first time LE would communicate to a POI/suspect via a presser/the media.

We were given zero description of his appearance, no last known location or where he might be aside from ‘Georgia’, no vehicle, nada. Public wasn’t really asked for their help.

I think it’s also possible a reporter or someone else had figured something out, and LE was pressed to put the info out before someone else did outside of LE. Something forced their hand.

Side note, that sheriff wasn’t playing around.

That’s because Florida has a significant number of private prisons. Those places make the profit.

The states don’t profit from it, but these private companies sure as hell do. I think that’s what you’re talking about.

Possibly and the facts made ambiguous enough, no one can be for sure how the large prison is funded, mixed. There is nothing that would surprise me today, with profiteering and filling big greedy pockets

I get the sense that the presser today was not to ask for the public’s help in locating FH - it was to send a message to him and those who know him to turn himself in. Wouldn’t be the first time LE would communicate to a POI/suspect via a presser/the media.

We were given zero description of his appearance, no last known location or where he might be aside from ‘Georgia’, no vehicle, nada. Public wasn’t really asked for their help.

I think it’s also possible a reporter or someone else had figured something out, and LE was pressed to put the info out before someone else did outside of LE. Something forced their hand.

Side note, that sheriff wasn’t playing around.

Agree with so much of what you posted!

Possibly and the facts made ambiguous enough, no one can be for sure how the large prison is funded, mixed. There is nothing that would surprise me today, with profiteering and filling big greedy pockets
Granted just about anything you read you must consider who wrote it and what their agenda was, who funded the study etc. - but if you search, the solid facts are there.

And yes, private prisons make the big bucks.

I just realized I got one thing right. I said all along when they found her body that she died there because most people wouldn’t transport a body into town. Sorry I just thought about being right and I wanted to pat myself on the back a little lol

Curious. How much trauma could still be determined after nearly 2 weeks of death? Can the autopsy determine she was sexually assaulted? I'm worried that all they are going to have is abuse of a corpse for burying her. The complicated case may be that she left willingly and was willing along with everything else that occurred that night and all they have is that last text...

Curious. How much trauma could still be determined after nearly 2 weeks of death? Can the autopsy determine she was sexually assaulted? I'm worried that all they are going to have is abuse of a corpse for burying her. The complicated case may be that she left willingly and was willing along with everything else that occurred that night and all they have is that last text...
I agree because let’s say he raped her at gunpoint she probably wouldn’t fight him very hard if at all out of fear for her life but that doesn’t mean she consented.

Indeed...Birmingham, Alabama is high crime. I sure as heck will not be hanging out downtown in the Ham...for good reason. I'm too old , lol

Please don't beat me up but I think Paighton got a really strong hit that maybe she wasn't expecting and folks panicked. We will find him. Plenty of family members already know. It's horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1