Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right, I do recall both of these, thanks for finding them.
So... why on the passenger's side? Probably not Heidis, left there. No smoker would leave their cigs there for a long time, either -they get stale.

Who was with her who left the cigs, and why didn't LE test them, to find out whose they were?

This concerns me.

Well, as a smoker.... I can say that I do leave smokes in my vehicle sometimes, not in the open because it just gives someone a reason to break my window lol But it could have been an empty pack as well.

As for LE testing....

I am still troubled that the car was left there for at least a day after they were found, and it appeared to be unattended and not taped off. There is video out there showing the residence with the car in the backyard still on the 20th, a photo in a DM article that was so close, it had to be taken right from the fence/gate, and a report from the evening of the 20th where it was reported to 'still be in the backyard'. I just do not understand why it was not loaded up onto a truck or towed and taken for forensics, especially if this is the vehicle that Heidi got into and they have it on video on the 12th.

Interesting thoughts, thanks!

But we do know for certain that MF didn't act alone.

Someone else drove that car from the apartment complex with the baby in it - knowingly, or not (IOW, in on the crime, or just along for the ride literally), and either Heidi went into that car, or another woman went into the back seat (we really don't yet know).

I think the affidavit gives us an indication that someone else might be involved, but we don't know this is a certainty.

IMO it sure sounds like there is someone else involved, and the fact that Shane is still saying someone else had to have been involved indicates to me that LE isn't reassuring him that no one else was involved and she acted alone.

Well, as a smoker.... I can say that I do leave smokes in my vehicle sometimes, not in the open because it just gives someone a reason to break my window lol But it could have been an empty pack as well.

As for LE testing....

I am still troubled that the car was left there for at least a day after they were found, and it appeared to be unattended and not taped off. There is video out there showing the residence with the car in the backyard still on the 20th, a photo in a DM article that was so close, it had to be taken right from the fence/gate, and a report from the evening of the 20th where it was reported to 'still be in the backyard'. I just do not understand why it was not loaded up onto a truck or towed and taken for forensics, especially if this is the vehicle that Heidi got into and they have it on video on the 12th.

Ah, good points. I'm not a smoker but it seems to me most are protective of their cigs because 1) they're really expensive and 2) they like them fresh.

Excellent point that it could have been an empty pack - hadn't even thought of that!

I'm still troubled the car was left there for so long, too - did they ever test it?

I mean, after the KB trial, I want them to go rip the floorboards in her apartment up, and rip up the car and test it ---but OF COURSE that's not at all realistic -- they need warrants to do that - I get it - just so frustrating!

wait, did LE confirm a second person was in MF’s car?
LE said MF was identified (70% accuracy) as the person who got into the front passenger's seat, and then the car immediately drove away - with no time for the baby to have been secured.

LE did NOT identify the person who got into the back seat with the baby as being Heidi. We assumed it was but there is no confirmation of that. What if she was unconscious in the apartment by then, or already removed from it?

LE didn't spell it out, but when you read the warrant, it's clear there was definitely another person driving, IMO.

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts, thanks!

But we do know for certain that MF didn't act alone.

Someone else drove that car from the apartment complex with the baby in it - knowingly, or not (IOW, in on the crime, or just along for the ride literally), and either Heidi went into that car, or another woman went into the back seat (we really don't yet know).
^^bbm

That part is very perplexing because if this alleged driver was an innocent person hired to drive the alleged mother MF that gave birth a couple of days earlier, I think they would have come forward already. And If there was an accomplice -- why would that person want HB dead? What was in it for them? I don't think women like HB are randomly killed by strangers. Not killed for the baby as MF had the baby. MOO

At times, I think law enforcement put this on her dashboard vs it was there the entire time when driving and parking car? (Agree, it is dog treats)
They can't just plant fake evidence. It's illegal.

(Not saying it has never happened, but - it is not at all part of legal activity in a case.)

Last edited:
Ah, good points. I'm not a smoker but it seems to me most are protective of their cigs because 1) they're really expensive and 2) they like them fresh.

Excellent point that it could have been an empty pack - hadn't even thought of that!

I'm still troubled the car was left there for so long, too - did they ever test it?

I mean, after the KB trial, I want them to go rip the floorboards in her apartment up, and rip up the car and test it ---but OF COURSE that's not at all realistic -- they need warrants to do that - I get it - just so frustrating!

They better have the car now LOL

They did have a warrant for the home and vehicles, so there was no reason for them to not immediately take that car. The number one reason to take it would have been because Heidi was found in it, the second would be because she was picked up in it and it could very well be where she was killed. JMO

^^bbm

That part is very perplexing because if this alleged driver was an innocent person hired to drive the alleged mother MF that gave birth a couple of days earlier, I think they would have come forward already. And If there was an accomplice -- why would that person want HB dead. What was in it for them? I don't think women like HB are randomly killed by strangers. MOO

Well, there was a driver in the "getaway" car, but it wasn't MF, according to LE's AW.

I think it quite possible it was someone innocent - maybe MF said there was an emergency that both the driver AND Heidi believed! So maybe they did come forward, and LE hasn't said so - or, they haven't because feel they'll be in trouble.

Last edited:
They better have the car now LOL

They did have a warrant for the home and vehicles, so there was no reason for them to not immediately take that car. The number one reason to take it would have been because Heidi was found in it, the second would be because she was picked up in it and it could very well be where she was killed. JMO

I actually meant Heidi's car. I did initially think that car was where she was killed, - many of us thought that initially - seat was pushed back, etc - but we learned that was not so. LE has said she was killed in the back seat of the car (MF's car) in which she was found -and they know much more than we do!

Do wonder what happened before that though which is why I wish they had tested Heidi's car for evidence.

Last edited:
LE didn't spell it out, but when you read the warrant, it's clear there was definitely another person driving, IMO.
. And many have speculated MF passed from passenger to driver’s side. Which would be difficult for an obese person. Moo

. And many have speculated MF passed from passenger to driver’s side. Which would be difficult for an obese person. Moo
Right. Very difficult and not at all likely given the time the witness said that they sped away. And not sensical, as - if it was just Heidi - she would have reached into the front seat, even if there was a lock on the back seat. She would have shoved the driver, done anything to get out if it were her alone with the driver.

It happened so quickly, and someone had to make sure Heidi - or, the woman with the baby - didn't get away/out.

They had to restrain Heidi (if it was her) in the back seat. She could have pushed the driver/jumped out/tried to get out the back/drawn attention to passers-by. If it wasn't Heidi then in the back seat with the baby, then it's 2 accomplices. :eek:

SO many questions still - after all this time!

Thank you @Trudie I always appreciate your comments. I can't help but think that the way Heidi and Margo were kidnapped wasn't the first plan that MF had in her head. MF had the apartment key, and those Greenie pill pockets for dogs with her, and I wonder if she didn't have a plan to sneak in and medicate the dog, while stealing Margo? Was MF afraid of dogs, I wonder? Is that how the dog ended up on the balcony? So many questions.
She could have snuck in and poisoned some food she knew only the mother would consume... she could have done a helluva lot more to save her friend's life even if she felt compelled to steal her baby.
She didn't have to kill her. Heidi did not have to die for MF to have her baby. She has not been charged with murder. Yet.
She had access, it was merely a question of slipping in and out fast while Heidi had her eyes off the baby for 5 minutes.. She could have escaped for weeks if not longer had she chosen that route. And not been spotted.
She had access to Heidi's routine because they communicated frequently.
It would have been a no-brainer until the amber alert. She could have figured all of that out.. average time to issue an alert in various areas etc..
IF she killed her, WHY did she kill her is my elephant in the room here.

I think SC never said the dog was on the balcony, moo only, I don’t have a link.
MF knows the dog, I don’t think she’d have to lure or tranq’ it.
She might have had those from when she stayed in the apartment? Idk.....guessing. Evidently Zeus isn’t aggressive, it has been said HB could let him out to do his biz & he’d return to the apartment. I don’t have time to search thru links, so MOO.
Also, idk if those are dog snacks. A local poster thought maybe a food package.
MF afraid of dogs? I think she was desperate she had no fear. Her time had expired, she had to get a baby. just so many things had to fall into place for her to pull this off.....
Moo

At times, I think law enforcement put this on her dashboard vs it was there the entire time when driving and parking car? (Agree, it is dog treats)

(Not saying it has never happened, but - it is not at all part of legal activity in a case.)

I wasn't meaning that they planted it there, I was meaning that it just may have been moved from somewhere else in the car. I just don't see driving from one city to another city with a bag of dog treats in front of the passenger next to the windshield. It just seems so out of place that I was reaching for a reason for the placement.

I actually meant Heidi's car. I did initially think that car was where she was killed, - many of us thought that initially - seat was pushed back, etc - but we learned that was not so. LE has said she was killed in the back seat of the car (MF's car) in which she was found -and they know much more than we do!

Do wonder what happened before that though which is why I wish they had tested Heidi's car for evidence.

Is more information other than the arrest warrants been released that I've missed? I did not know that law enforcement has done a follow-up and stated she was killed in the backseat.

As for LE testing....

As for LE testing....

The only interior picture I saw of HB's car was the front seat that showed her pocketbook. I recall a pack of Marlboros on MF's dashboard. But that was aways back. jmo

There are two main videos taken by a drone or helicopter circling the residence.........one in the afternoon when LE's presence first became known to reporters, and one the following morning after the arrest had been made. We've all seen this Inside Edition piece, which contains that first circling. At 0:29 seconds MG's legs can be seen in a chair on the patio, and a police officer wearing a cowboy hat is sitting with her. The dash of the car is plainly visible, and there is nothing on it. The pack of Marlboro cigarettes and the bag of Greenies Pill Pockets appeared AFTER that time.
My best guess is that MF opened the car to get her registration (remember she was arrested for overdue traffic tickets, too) placed her cigarette pack on the dash and perhaps removed the pill pockets bag from the jockey box to uncover her registration slip.
Once the officer got a whiff of the interior air of the car, I think he might have ordered MF to get out of it and leave everything it in, immediately. JMO
Inside Edition Heidi Broussard found - Bing video

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-20 Source Inside Edition television newscast.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-20 Source Inside Edition television newscast.png
    763.2 KB · Views: 37

I missed that LE finally had a location of where HB was killed. When did they release that -- link, please!

There are two main videos taken by a drone or helicopter circling the residence.........one in the afternoon when LE's presence first became known to reporters, and one the following morning after the arrest had been made. We've all seen this Inside Edition piece, which contains that first circling. At 0:29 seconds MG's legs can be seen in a chair on the patio, and a police officer wearing a cowboy hat is sitting with her. The dash of the car is plainly visible, and there is nothing on it. The pack of Marlboro cigarettes and the bag of Greenies Pill Pockets appeared AFTER that time.
My best guess is that MF opened the car to get her registration (remember she was arrested for overdue traffic tickets, too) placed her cigarette pack on the dash and perhaps removed the pill pockets bag from the jockey box to uncover her registration slip.
Once the officer got a whiff of the interior air of the car, I think he might have ordered MF to get out of it and leave everything it in, immediately. JMO
Inside Edition Heidi Broussard found - Bing video
Good catch. I can see that happening. And that crazy woman just opened up the car to get her papers out. OMG she probably got the cigs out to have a smoke too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa