FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, he may have just got in over his head financially. The facebook page had several PT on it when I posted it. Most of them have been removed today. I've been doing incredibly basic budgeting off of what little we've seen.

Average PT salary in CT is 89K
I know he rented 2 locations in CT - rough estimate of 10K monthly for rent
House in Florida - roughly 5000 monthly rent
His commuting maybe $1200 monthly?

Add to that, malpractice insurance, utilities, their household expenses above rent.

He would need close to 50K monthly to hit bare minimum expenses.

Just mumbling jmo

You know, he may have just got in over his head financially.
Just mumbling jmo
I think people underestimate how easy this is to do, especially running his own business if he doesn't have good budgeting skills and/or a personality that is prone to "spoiling" family/wife/friends. I think if there was a gambling issue, family would have some awareness of it. But who knows - I think the only "double life" will be the one of projecting wealth and generosity to friends and family while hiding ever-increasing debt. All just MOO.

I think people underestimate how easy this is to do, especially running his own business if he doesn't have good budgeting skills and/or a personality that is prone to "spoiling" family/wife/friends. I think if there was a gambling issue, family would have some awareness of it. But who knows - I think the only "double life" will be the one of projecting wealth and generosity to friends and family while hiding ever-increasing debt. All just MOO.

If I had read their business page prior to knowing this, I'd have said they were the poster child for "wholesome family business that deserves some community award". :(

You know, he may have just got in over his head financially. The facebook page had several PT on it when I posted it. Most of them have been removed today. I've been doing incredibly basic budgeting off of what little we've seen.

Add to that, malpractice insurance, utilities, their household expenses above rent.

Just mumbling jmo
He had 2 properties in Fl n they weren’t clear if he owned or was renting, either way there were monthly payments, and he had at least 20 other high interest loans to pay on every month. That was the killer for him.

Good post. But the dead giveaway for me w regard to gambling is the taking out of over 20 high interest loans, which even if he managed to make minimum payments on he would literally never be able to pay off. Probably at 25-30% interest. This habit is very common among compulsive gamblers. He only got them bc he had the business as collateral... until he didn’t. N it’s very possible if his wife was no longer working at the practices n living over 1000 miles away had no clue about the debt. He made it clear to investigators “she had nothing to do with the fraud n neither did his other employees.” If he had just gotten in over his head for legitimate reasons I’m sure he would have shared his concern with business manager or wife. And not just killed everyone n bailed on debtors and employees, where their checks were bouncing saying nothing. I think he was hiding an expensive habit. Compulsive gambling is referred to as a monster that takes over people n they become blind to everything else, even their own families n health.

Last edited:
I watched the PC n court appearance last night n a few things popped out. During the judge’s brief speech TT seemed like a pro, or someone who’s been there before, like he knew what was about to happen n wasn’t phased. Makes me think these killings were well-planned out, thus the “premeditation” charge.

Also during the PC at the end the sheriff said something to the effect of: “If anyone else is in this having these same struggles we really wish they would call the National Hope Network line and get help before something like this occurs again. There is always someone you can talk to or someone who can help.”

He also seemed to know COD but was waiting for official word (Autopsy report to come back) to release it. Makes u wonder. Must have been an obvious cause, and after 2 weeks no less. !?

Just mumbling jmo

wow. I have never heard of a PT making so little.

<modsnip> I'm shocked over their rent in Celebration.

Disney town dad who confessed to killing family lived with the bodies for at least two weeks | Daily Mail Online

The Todts had recently moved from Colchester, Connecticut, to Celebration, Florida. They had lived in Florida two years, and court documents show the couple was served with an eviction notice December 22.

A total of $6,300 was reportedly owed for December ($4,921) and January rents at the North Village home. The couple's one-year lease runs until the end of April 2020.

However, they owned another home 500 feet away on Longview Avenue.

I know. Same here. Very curious, right?
Most professionals own property, they don’t rent. He obviously had no cash left from the sale of CT house to put down on anything in FL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t get confused when they say “business loans.” He wasn’t using 2o high interest, short term loans on his business. But it was because of his business that he was able to get them. These “high interest, short term” loans are a dead giveaway to me. jmo.

Another thing to note is his father at the time of the orchestrated murder plot against his mother was involved with at least 2 other females. One was a 17 yr old student of his and the other was a nurse he claimed to be “engaged” to. He was an ugly short fat school teacher with a probable personality disorder, at best. And he was eventually released from prison bc his wife didn’t die but was instead blinded with a bullet forever lodged in her brain (a fate worse than death). And he remarried several more times. He’s still alive and TT saw that and maybe figured he could shake his old life too n move on. I hope his poor mother’s not alive to see this travesty.

Last edited:
I think it was on glassdoor or something like that? Let me see if I can find the source for you.

Here's what I used. I have no real idea how much they make.

Q: What Is the Average Physical Therapist Salary by State in 2020?

ETA it is zip recruiter

My thoughts are that is likely for PT's who are employed by a practice. He was the owner of the practice, and would have likely, IMO, been receiving a percent of what his PT employees were bringing in. That said, his personal travel expenses, business expenses i.e. payroll, taxes, rent for leasing space for his practices, insurance, equipment, etc., etc., would have been expensive, in addition to renting that house in Florida. With all of his travel, my thoughts are that he wasn't putting in 40 hours a week seeing his own patients, and I suspect a secret life in CT that was costing him as well. JMO

My thoughts are that is likely for PT's who are employed by a practice. He was the owner of the practice, and would have likely, IMO, been receiving a percent of what his PT employees were bringing in. That said, his personal travel expenses, business expenses i.e. payroll, taxes, rent for leasing space for his practices, insurance, equipment, etc., etc., would have been expensive, in addition to renting that house in Florida. With all of his travel, my thoughts are that he wasn't putting in 40 hours a week seeing his own patients, and I suspect a secret life in CT that was costing him as well. JMO

I estimated he needed at least 50k a month. Jmo

I wonder if the reason he killed them inside the house was bc it was easiest and to frame an intruder, as his dad attempted to do. Interesting how he’s been charged with premeditated murder. I wonder if that means premeditated that day or months in advance. And how they are so certain. Maybe he told them or maybe they have computer data that shows searches. I think he killed the dog so he wouldn’t bark. That would have had to have been poison or gunshot on the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid