Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That door looks like an exit only without handles. Too bad it wasn't unable to be opened and the ambush continued .

View attachment 228183

What was that all about? It looked like they were going into some housekeeping room where they keep the carts and towels. Where were they going, and how did they know that door was going to be unlocked? So strange!

I think Nate said the police had put them into separate police cars. I know LE typically does that when taking two people into custody - but apparently LE wasn't taking them into custody.

If LE was just serving them (or Lori) with a warrant (or demand letter to produce the children in 5 days), and not reading them their rights, or interviewing them, or taking their statements, why did they separate them into different police cars?

Idk, maybe they were just making them wait in the cars until their vehicle was towed. Still, I don't see the logic in separating them and putting them into two separate cruisers. I assume the video was just (all done) today, and not a compilation of the 25th and today. It's probably nothing of significance, just wondering

Put them in different cars and if they have a member of LE sitting with them in the car they could have either been trying to get one of them to say something useful or maybe get a message of some kind to one of them.

"You know Chad, we have evidence that Lori did X and she's going down before long. What I've seen seems to implicate you. You'd be smart to turn yourself in and negotiate a plea bargain to avoid prison."

That door looks like an exit only without handles. Too bad it wasn't unable to be opened and the ambush continued .

View attachment 228183
Looks like they knew it would open. Which leads me to believe they've been using that door often and avoiding using the main lobby where they could be noticed.

This feels ominous to me. I'm sure they will have made a plan for being located.

Do police have the powers to stop them if they were to board an international flight?

Has it been explained how the reporter knew Lori had cash in the bag? I wonder if it could have contained passports also, even false ones.

I think there are sufficient grounds for arresting Lori. If it was just one child missing I'd say less grounds, but two children of the same mother disappearing cannot have an innocent explanation or ignorance of the causation, imo. She would be looking for them if she thought they were missing without her knowledge and involvement. JJ with special needs is not going to okay left with strangers. Tylee is old enough to have made herself found. I don't think there is anywhere, except captivity, that could stop that, so as a mother Lori would have knowingly allowed her daughter to be taken and held captive. I'd charge Lori with murder, on the basis of the two children being gone, and see her plead down from it and prove they are alive. We hear of missing body murder cases all the time.

Those expressions look like smug defiance. That isn't innocence imo. I could already tell from the footage of the day Charles was shot to death that Lori is immature and mentally disordered in some way with inappropriate affect, and callousness, but for a man of Chad's age with his own children to not have concerns for Lori's children's welfare and Lori's involvement, and live on the run, with a facial expression like that, showing no concern, is equally immature, self-absorbed and disordered. Whether he had a hand in Tammy's death or not.

All moo.

I'm pretty sure she didn't have a handbag, but it looked like a big baggie maybe along with the papers she had with the papers covering the bag, but Nate would have had an angle to see them. I theorized last night and still believe that they confiscated her purse with the exception of the cash and possibly another thing or two (driver's license?) that were put in the baggie. Presumably they're going to or have searched the purse for whatever evidence and have or will return it to her at some point.

SUV has Hawaii plates, so that lays that question to rest.
I suppose... but if they bought property and became residents of Hawaii couldn’t they have bought and tagged a car?
I think Nate said the police had put them into separate police cars. I know LE typically does that when taking two people into custody - but apparently LE wasn't taking them into custody.

If LE was just serving them (or Lori) with a warrant (or demand letter to produce the children in 5 days), and not reading them their rights, or interviewing them, or taking their statements, why did they separate them into different police cars?

Idk, maybe they were just making them wait in the cars until their vehicle was towed. Still, I don't see the logic in separating them and putting them into two separate cruisers. I assume the video was just (all done) today, and not a compilation of the 25th and today. It's probably nothing of significance, just wondering

So we can put the speculation about the Lexus that flew off the cliff in NoCa being related to this case to rest. I think.

I wonder what plan Lori has cooked up to deal with the LE and media surveillance she and Chad will be under for the next 3 days or so? I'm sure she realized this, or being apprehended in another way, could happen at any time.

They're going to discover what living in a fishbowl feels like.

Also wondering what, if anything, LE said to Chad regarding Tammy's autopsy results while he was sequestered away from Lori. Or if they said anything to Lori about Alex's.

Chad doesn't look to me as though he deals with pressure well. It could be a tense few days for our carefree honeymooners.

I'm glad there's movement on this case. I have a (very slim) hope that it leads to two kids who have been living quietly with one or more of their conspicuously silent Cox relatives for the past four months.
I don’t get why they were separated either. Kenny Chesney has a great song about a fishbowl!
Alex's were going to take 2-3 months IIRC.
Could it be be possible that initial reports showed something? Or would they wait to complete it all?
The way he said “baggie” he might as well said “Lori, you look ridiculous”. That may be the only time she cringed inside. She thinks she’s pulling off the I’m oh-so-cool and above you thing and there he goes with “baggie”.

It was my favorite part.
I know... she was thinking, gosh where’s my Louis, I’m so embarrassed.

I promise I’m caught up, but kinda confused.

So Nate says in his video they were served with two search warrants yesterday. Says they were pulled over and pulled into this resort. How do we know that is the resort they are staying in? He says they have been staying in a gated community. Is that it? He said the car was seized and they had no way to get home.
I haven’t found where Kauai beach resort is gated yet. Just curious where they are actually staying. The location she stayed at before was a gated community. So I’m wondering if possibly another search was ongoing in the gated community at their location?

Is it possible they were following a policeman into the police station behind that door?

Also, why was Lori carrying the papers? Was she the one who rented or owned the car? Or does she just like to be the man in the relationship?

ETA: I answered my own question here about where they were staying. Justin Lum answers it here. BBM Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

UPDATE: My source tells me Kauai Police seized the rental car Lori and Chad arrived in at the resort. The car has been towed away to a secure location. I’m told the couple had been staying in Princeville, HI for a while until deciding to move to Kauai Beach Resort.

Last edited:
I suppose... but if they bought property and became residents of Hawaii couldn’t they have bought and tagged a car?

I don’t get why they were separated either. Kenny Chesney has a great song about a fishbowl!

Could it be be possible that initial reports showed something? Or would they wait to complete it all?

So Nate says in his video they were served with two search warrants yesterday. Says they were pulled over and pulled into this resort. How do we know that is the resort they are staying in? He says they have been staying in a gated community. Is that it? He said the car was seized and they had no way to get home.
I haven’t found where Kauai beach resort is gated yet. Just curious where they are actually staying. The location she stayed at before was a gated community. So I’m wondering if possibly another search was ongoing in the gated community at their location?

Is it possible they were following a policeman into the police station behind that door?

Also, why was Lori carrying the papers? Was she the one who rented or owned the car? Or does she just like to be the man in the relationship?

The EIN story this morning says that after seearching and taking the car (warrant 1) that LE moved on to the townhouse they are renting elsewhere on this island and searched it (warrant 2). So they aren't staying at this resort where they were pulled over.

The EIN story this morning says that after seearching and taking the car (warrant 1) that LE moved on to the townhouse they are renting elsewhere on this island and searched it (warrant 2). So they aren't staying at this resort where they were pulled over.
Interesting. How did I miss that. I just edited my post, go look. Justin Lum has it different.

The way I understand this take down is that Lori was served with the court order (to have the kids in Rexburg before a judge in 5 days) at their condo in Princevlle. Then the next day (yesterday), was served with the search warrants at the resort for the car and condo. IMO they were trying to flee after the court order was served. IMO, LE expected and waited for this before serving the warrants, knowing that anything incriminating would probably be on their person or in the car.

I'm pretty sure she didn't have a handbag, but it looked like a big baggie maybe along with the papers she had with the papers covering the bag, but Nate would have had an angle to see them. I theorized last night and still believe that they confiscated her purse with the exception of the cash and possibly another thing or two (driver's license?) that were put in the baggie. Presumably they're going to or have searched the purse for whatever evidence and have or will return it to her at some point.
Indeed. And that has to be one of the most intrusive things for a woman, having your purse confiscated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jme81