MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is something to be discussed, please summarize or something to that effect. I'm not reading through thousands of random posts, going on scavenger hunts, or deciphering riddles.
I have to keep doing this every few months and forgive me but its tiring......

If one wants to solve this case, it would help to read what a formerly "cleared by only some cops but not all" suspect wrote on a forum..... just my opinion. Then watch the latest People Mag Show and see what Detective Asher says about Dustin Recla's alibi and Suzie's car being used in the commissioning of the grave robbery....there's no goose hunt, it's that simple. Mike/IrishEyesOfBlue claim Asher is wrong on both counts....

so why is a cop lying? and if the cop is right..why are THEY lying? Can I please know the answer to this??

I try to watch most of the ID Investigation programs and two programs had two well meaning cops making unintentional errors. One mistook the father for the guilty son when checking alibis. The other when going through the file realized that his very first suspect didn’t have his DNA analyzed. Cops are human.

Colin Powell former Secretary of State had 13 rules. One was “check small things.” I afixed that list to my desk so I would check “small things.” The police might consider doing that in this case.....Regardless this is going to be a difficult case to crack. I do wish they would open the case to the public and take their chances. From what I gather they were chastised by the original “48 Hours” program and potential lawsuits that the former, now Judge Mountjoy was concerned with.

I try to watch most of the ID Investigation programs and two programs had two well meaning cops making unintentional errors. One mistook the father for the guilty son when checking alibis. The other when going through the file realized that his very first suspect didn’t have his DNA analyzed. Cops are human.

Colin Powell former Secretary of State had 13 rules. One was “check small things.” I afixed that list to my desk so I would check “small things.” The police might consider doing that in this case.....Regardless this is going to be a difficult case to crack. I do wish they would open the case to the public and take their chances. From what I gather they were chastised by the original “48 Hours” program and potential lawsuits that the former, now Judge Mountjoy was concerned with.
Mountjoy didnt speak at all in or to the 48 Hours program..... so yes, "check the small things"...you may be thinking of Darrell Moore. He was the one who spoke out against the production of 48 hours...

That doesnt mean Asher was lying.......its still worth getting to the bottom of

Last edited:
Mountjoy didnt speak at all in or to the 48 Hours program..... so yes, "check the small things"...you may be thinking of Darrell Moore. He was the one who spoke out against the production of 48 hours...

That doesnt mean Asher was lying.......its still worth getting to the bottom of

And if they are both lying? What then? It doesn't have to be either or.

Unless someone knows a dirty cop or has been on the wrong side of one it’s easy and even preferable to doubt they exist. Not all cops are bad but all cops are human. They lie. They break the law. They meet people they just don’t like. Some take advantage of their positions to pursue grudges. Some turn their heads and let street justice happen. The problem is the words and omissions of bad cops carry more weight than they should in the minds of people who just don’t believe in them.

Truth is sometimes perspective, depending on where you stand and how much you can see.
Does believing make something true? I don't think that is how it works unless you are bring Tinkerbell back to life or you are dealing with opinions not facts. People can believe they are quoting a fact and be wrong. It's not intentional or straight lie it just isn't true either. I do think cops should be careful about what they say. If they are testifying against me facts make a difference. lol

One thing I have never understood is why the timeline seems to be misreported. It may not be critical but strange. According to the news accounts, the last reported function the girls were at was broken up at 1:50 AM. The girls went from there to Janelle’s house in Battlefield. That was 57 “city blocks” due west. A reasonable time of arrival would be 2:00 AM.

It was at that time they learned the original plans were scrapped because of relatives in town for the graduation. Allowing for normal parting conversations, etc. they may have left for the Delmar address at about 2:10 AM. Using a map service it said it would have been 11.6 miles and about 20 minutes. That puts it at 2:30 AM. However, Janelle’s mother said she looked at her alarm clock at 2:20 AM as they drove away. In any event it has been widely reported they arrived back at the Delmar address at about 2:00 AM. Clearly that would not be possible.

So my bottom line question is why has the timeline been so misreported? This may sound to be unimportant but unless I misunderstand how criminal cases are handled one of the first things to be done is to assemble a timeline. Obviously this helps to eliminate certain initial suspects when it can be established that someone could not be a suspect as they couldn’t be in two places at the same time. This is to be distinguished as different from “contract” murders. Most will recall the infamous case of the NASA astronaut who drove a great distance using adult diapers to confront a rival who she viewed as a threat to her love interest.

So in summary, what is the consensus of the time of arrival at the Delmar address. Thoughts?

One thing I have never understood is why the timeline seems to be misreported. It may not be critical but strange. According to the news accounts, the last reported function the girls were at was broken up at 1:50 AM. The girls went from there to Janelle’s house in Battlefield. That was 57 “city blocks” due west. A reasonable time of arrival would be 2:00 AM.

It was at that time they learned the original plans were scrapped because of relatives in town for the graduation. Allowing for normal parting conversations, etc. they may have left for the Delmar address at about 2:10 AM. Using a map service it said it would have been 11.6 miles and about 20 minutes. That puts it at 2:30 AM. However, Janelle’s mother said she looked at her alarm clock at 2:20 AM as they drove away. In any event it has been widely reported they arrived back at the Delmar address at about 2:00 AM. Clearly that would not be possible.

So my bottom line question is why has the timeline been so misreported? This may sound to be unimportant but unless I misunderstand how criminal cases are handled one of the first things to be done is to assemble a timeline. Obviously this helps to eliminate certain initial suspects when it can be established that someone could not be a suspect as they couldn’t be in two places at the same time. This is to be distinguished as different from “contract” murders. Most will recall the infamous case of the NASA astronaut who drove a great distance using adult diapers to confront a rival who she viewed as a threat to her love interest.

So in summary, what is the consensus of the time of arrival at the Delmar address. Thoughts?

It’s problematic , just like the variance in times that JK says she woke up / began calling Delmar .

Using all the info we know , IF they arrived at Delmar and drove directly , 02:35 give or take . Previously posted civil daylight was 5:23, So there is a 3 +|- window the abductions occurred .

RE : van sightings .
Are you going to drive around in That van with three victims in the daylight ? just waiting to be stopped or seen ? I wouldn’t think so .

Last edited:
The separate cars seems extra odd when you consider they are driving on a night cops have to be out looking for drunk kids. I question if they made it to Delmar or did they leave and go somewhere else from there?
Do you think the police have copies of the photos?
Perhaps this case, as far as location,will end up similar to the Bonnie Haim case. Sometimes they're a lot closer than anyone would guess.

Jan. 2: An anonymous New Year’s Eve caller to a switchboard operator of “America's Most Wanted” is cut off when the operator tries to link up with Springfield investigators. Police still seek contact with the man, whom they consider to have prime knowledge of the abductions.

Who’s in Florida , with prime knowledge of the abductions ? And why did they never call back ?

I have doubts about the van sighting. I think think people wanted to help so badly and if police showed interest in their sighting they might have been unconsciously creating false memories to fill in the gaps of real ones. Does that make sense? Putting a similar van in front of the police station to remind people to look out for it, or attempt to jog memories could be more confusing than helpful. People would see the van everyday if they passed by it and it would be easy to confuse seeing it before the disappearances or seeing it after when it’s so familiar. It also might discourage people from reporting sightings that don’t match what the police have on their lawn basically.

Jan. 2: An anonymous New Year’s Eve caller to a switchboard operator of “America's Most Wanted” is cut off when the operator tries to link up with Springfield investigators. Police still seek contact with the man, whom they consider to have prime knowledge of the abductions.

Who’s in Florida , with prime knowledge of the abductions ? And why did they never call back ?

We know Cox wasin Florida at one point. I think that was before this crime. Could it have been someone calling from a jail or prison not about Cox but that could explain why someone wouldn't call back if they didn't want to be overheard. It could be someone who thought calling would ease their mind about a family member or friend, only to realize it was confirming their fears.

<modsnip> I don't think the solution to this case is as easy or simple as that else it would have been solved long ago.
<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped> Only one of them can be right about Dustin’s alibi, do you agree there? No personalizing just asking for opinion. You’re welcome not to answer if you think it’ll upset someone.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s problematic , just like the variance in times that JK says she woke up / began calling Delmar .

Using all the info we know , IF they arrived at Delmar and drove directly , 02:35 give or take . Previously posted civil daylight was 5:23, So there is a 3 +|- window the abductions occurred .

RE : van sightings .
Are you going to drive around in That van with three victims in the daylight ? just waiting to be stopped or seen ? I wouldn’t think so .
Do you have proof of the “variance in times”? Can you post the conflicting info??....this is a rumor until it can be verified

Do you have proof of the “variance in times”? Can you post the conflicting info??....this is a rumor until it can be verified
Police report :JK began calling at 07:30
Later she didn’t even wake up til about 09:00 .
That’s minimum 1.5 hours and doubtful the very first thing started calling at 09:00 . As woke up with a house full of family .
But , you already knew the answers .

Attachments

• E3D6053A-F145-4C24-81DA-468861F23918.jpeg
    E3D6053A-F145-4C24-81DA-468861F23918.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 27
Police report :JK began calling at 07:30
Later she didn’t even wake up til about 09:00 .
That’s minimum 1.5 hours and doubtful the very first thing started calling at 09:00 . As woke up with a house full of family .
But , you already knew the answers .
So wait, her memory 20 years later is the smoking gun here?

If memories are in question... I got some new questions for you about other potential suspects/players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member