MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Boston Corbett Care to elaborate? I'm curious!!
The perps weren't there to steal; they were there to protect their investments.

That's a little less enigmatic. I think at least one of the three women were thought to possess information that could send outlaws to prison.

Serious stuff, not just Little League tomb-robbing 101.

What was that knowledge? That's when it gets fuzzy. I think the outline is clear enough, but coloring in the middle is the tough part.

I feel lost in the weeds here. If one follows most true crime cases the investigations start with those closest to victims and move outward.

I strongly suggest that we get back to basics.

The dropped call to the television program was critical. I strongly believe the caller was involved.

A major suspect has known ties to Florida.

I believe there were three people involved.

The “trusted” one. The “muscle”. The van driver.

The “muscle”, and the driver are in the slammer. One, the “trusted” one is on the street. If, in fact there was a sexual assault I attribute that to the “muscle.” Have no idea how that was determined. He has a known history of sexual assault.

There is a clear motive. Having that is key to solving the case.

I am speculating there was a belief there was money in Sherrill’s closet. That would account for the disarray of her shoes.

Although I am not a big fan of Asher, I imagine he figured this out from the beginning. That would explain his answers on the first “48 Hours” program.

So who was in FL in Jan 1993 that had prime knowledge ,? And what happened to them they were never heard from again ( that we know of ?)

@Nixaeagle I too find this curious. Being that it was NYE, I would be willing to bet that whoever called had been drinking and perhaps in that drunkenness either realized the consequences of their actions or wanted to mess with them. I wish they wouldn't have been disconnected. I'm not sure what to think right now. There are three different ways that currently has my interest.

Stacy wanted to stay out? I missed that. I was under the impression that Suzie (and Janelle) were the party girls, at least more so than Stacy. Like @cherrymeg posted, we don't know much of Stacy's private life, or much at all really. Why do you say that's just how Stacy talked?

What it is about Janelle's mom you don't feel good about? Do you think she's covering for Janelle? In what way?
When she’s making disparaging public comments about Sherrill ( someone who’s missing ) it’s a big red flag . At the same time they made many questionable choices , as well as changing facts over time .

We all Assume the girls made it back to Delmar . But the LAST place they were seen alive is the Kirby’s .

@Nixaeagle I too find this curious. Being that it was NYE, I would be willing to bet that whoever called had been drinking and perhaps in that drunkenness either realized the consequences of their actions or wanted to mess with them. I wish they wouldn't have been disconnected. I'm not sure what to think right now. There are three different ways that currently has my interest.
So who could they have been with that could have walked in on the call ? And either the caller hung up or got cracked over the head .
Either way how does someone in FL have prime knowledge ?

<modsnip>

Below are newspaper articles pertaining to the case.

First 30 Days of The Springfield Three
July, 1992 The Springfield Three
Other Articles Related to The Springfield Three

I've also written my own analysis of the many Red Herrings that I believe helped keep this case a secret. That can be found here.

I also believe @DrHog did a FANTASTIC review of this case. It can be found here.

I appreciate everyone on this website that wants to help keep their memories alive. I also can't stress enough about how sad the way Sherrill and Suzie were portrayed in the newspapers.

I believe this case can be solved. No criminal is perfect. Thank you again to everyone who wants to see this case solved. May we get there soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a timeline. We also need a master list of abbreviations used, and their meaning. Anything to add transparency to a case opaque and convoluted with the many years, we need.

yjKKYE9.jpg

I will work on that @Boston Corbett. It shall take time. Here is a photo from the paper that states their timeline.

Last edited:
So who was in FL in Jan 1993 that had prime knowledge ,? And what happened to them they were never heard from again ( that we know of ?)
One person. Likely the “trusted” one.

Person was likely involved. Likely drunk when call was placed.

I still think Suzie was the target it just makes the most logical sense.

She had questionable taste in men and they would certainly of hung around with other questionable people.

This also all happened after Suzie got home as well which would indicate Suzie as the target.

IMO
I have had many of my own assumptions as to who was the primary target. I had recently asked is it possible that none of the 3 were the original primary target? While Sherrill was alone, did someone make a hit at the wrong address? If the girls arrived while things were in progress, they also would become victims. Just my own thoughts of course.

I still think Suzie was the target it just makes the most logical sense.

She had questionable taste in men and they would certainly of hung around with other questionable people.
That gets right to the heart of how I see the case. Suzie may have personally known only smaller fry in the Questionable People pantheon, but Springfield's not a large place, and there aren't many degrees of separation between the smalls and the bigs.

I have had many of my own assumptions as to who was the primary target. I had recently asked is it possible that none of the 3 were the original primary target? While Sherrill was alone, did someone make a hit at the wrong address? If the girls arrived while things were in progress, they also would become victims. Just my own thoughts of course.

This was my theory (from the Motive thread) regarding the possible wrong address:

Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson were dating in June of 1992.

On August 24, 1993 a court order was entered naming Mike Henson the father of ***** born late 1992 and on
October 27, 1993 a child support order was entered in court.

Mike Hensen was ordered to pay child support to a woman residing at 1717 E Primerose St.

On June 7, 1992, Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson arrived at 1717 E Delmar St. and cleaned up glass on the porch and threw the glass in a dumpster across the street. Did someone see them leaving the property and they had to come up with a reason they were there? Their story never made sense to me. Teenagers cleaning up. A spare broom within reach?

They claim they were so "concerned" that they let themselves in the house and answered the phone. Janelle claimed that the voice on the other end of the phone was ominous, creating a false lead for the cops. In one of her interviews, Janelle refers to Suzie as "the other girl" yet she felt comfortable enough to walk into "the other girl's" house and make herself at home. She then proceeded to invite other people over "the other girl's" house. A contaminated crime scene was created.

Did Janelle tell her boyfriend at the time- bring me to that *advertiser censored* you got pregnant. Maybe Mike was never at the pregnant woman's house and mixed up the address.

Why assume Suzie made arrangements to meet up with anyone. What about Stacy. She had her own car. The way she is described sometimes makes her seem like she has no agency, or voice. I'm not trying to insult her reputation but she wasn't some mindless barbie in a wedding dress. Painting her as a saint makes her seem so one dimensional. She must have had a life and thoughts that maybe her parents weren't privy to. Normal teenage stuff. Her life might hold some answers. Or at least make her seem like a full person. MOO

I totally agree with this. I´m tired of the victim blaming in this case.
This attitude includes asserting Suzie made bad decisions because she once dated a stupid teenager who did some stupid things. She was the mature person that went to the police, and the boyfriend was the person making bad decisions, not Suzie. Things get worse when people accuse Sherrill of being involved in drugs without any evidence.
Stacy is also a victim of the saint vs bad girl dichotomy. Too much attention has been focused on the mother and the daughter. Where has this lead us? Almost 3o years and the three women are still missing, and the criminals are free, and probably reading what we write.

This was my theory (from the Motive thread) regarding the possible wrong address:

Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson were dating in June of 1992.

On August 24, 1993 a court order was entered naming Mike Henson the father of ***** born late 1992 and on
October 27, 1993 a child support order was entered in court.

Mike Hensen was ordered to pay child support to a woman residing at 1717 E Primerose St.

On June 7, 1992, Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson arrived at 1717 E Delmar St. and cleaned up glass on the porch and threw the glass in a dumpster across the street. Did someone see them leaving the property and they had to come up with a reason they were there? Their story never made sense to me. Teenagers cleaning up. A spare broom within reach?

They claim they were so "concerned" that they let themselves in the house and answered the phone. Janelle claimed that the voice on the other end of the phone was ominous, creating a false lead for the cops. In one of her interviews, Janelle refers to Suzie as "the other girl" yet she felt comfortable enough to walk into "the other girl's" house and make herself at home. She then proceeded to invite other people over "the other girl's" house. A contaminated crime scene was created.

Did Janelle tell her boyfriend at the time- bring me to that *advertiser censored* you got pregnant. Maybe Mike was never at the pregnant woman's house and mixed up the address.
How far apart are the two 1717 addresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member